Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   how often are you contacting your dealer for updates? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41468)

BlackRS 09-08-2009 03:07 PM

how often are you contacting your dealer for updates?

I don't want to be "one of those people" (even though I know I am, lol) But its almost that time when my salesperson said my car could be ready, and I want to know its status. I dont want to call them a million times and the last time I called I left a message but no one called back. I understand they are very busy so I figured I'd wait till its closer to the time. how many of you guys have your salesperson's phone number on your speed dial? lol

rmpackers 09-08-2009 03:17 PM

Call once a week. Find out when they check their updates. That way you won't bug them when they don't know anything. They do owe it to you to keep you informed. But I agree, you can go too far, but I will NOT tolerate that not calling back thing. My sales manager had me on his speed dial by the end of it!:laugh:

67 Convertible 09-08-2009 03:21 PM

I started calling once a week for updates after I ordered. Then I asked my salesman if he could e-mail the workbench history to me once a week. Every Friday he e-mailed me without having to remind him. That also saved me from feeling like I was bothering him all the time. It really only takes them a minute or two to check the status.

volboy23 09-08-2009 03:26 PM

Feel free to call them when you want to know. If you know where it is in the process you can get a general idea of how long it is between changes. The no calling back when you leave a message is a not acceptable though. My dealer has been calling me once a week. Each time a message has come down from GM he calls me to let me know what is going on and the status of my order. He has been great.

SWHCPA 09-08-2009 03:34 PM

ditto all the above. nothing changes until you go to code 3000. the key is to know what your dealer's allocations are, what week(s) they open up and where you are on the list. then you can gauge when and how yours will move. good luck...

geminidreams 09-08-2009 04:09 PM

I email my Sales guy at least once to twice a week just to say Hi and then I ask for any news.

Knowing my TPW date is 9-28 now is really cool and all but I can't wait to get my baby home so I can take her for a spin. I probably won't want to leave my garage lol.

Sir Nuke 09-08-2009 04:22 PM

after I placed my order, and I KNEW they had the allocation for my car when I ordered it. I never BOTHERED him once. I did all the tracking myself here on the site.

AnnaBear@SpartaChevy 09-08-2009 04:36 PM

It's really not a bother to contact your salesperson for updates.

I try to beat my customers to it. For a while there I had 6 orders in and would check them each and every morning when I got in. Then I would email the customer if there was an update.

Feel free to email your salesperson. That's the best way...then they can take 2 minutes when they are free and hit the reply button and let you know!

Most of us are as excited about your car as you are! It's fun to look for updates!

CamaroScotty 09-08-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little_bank_robber (Post 898210)

Most of us are as excited about your car as you are! It's fun to look for updates!

Some are even MORE excited.... I know, I'm the only exception.... ;)

But I agree with Anna. You pay our salaries.....Isn't it fair we work for it???? :iono: