Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Was I scumbagged by my dealer? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56980)

Hercules778 12-17-2009 03:15 PM

Was I scumbagged by my dealer?

My dealer called me two months ago to say my car will be produced and shipped 2nd to 3rd week of December.

My dealer called me up last month to confirm.

My dealer called me up yesterday and left voicemail that my car is arriving Friday Dec17 and I can pick it up on Monday.

My insurance agent called him up today and he told her "nonono I made a mistake his car wont come until at least January"

:mad0260:

Im ready to curse this guy out over the phone or in person. How can I track my car online and what info do I need? Im afraid if I do this I wont get my car till 2011. I gave a 1k deposit.

How much of an idiot can you be to call someone up and say "come pick it up in 4-5 days itll be here" and then tell ur agent "OOPS were looking till January the earliest I made a mistake (three times)..? Something smells fishy.

TekkGuy 12-17-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hercules778 (Post 1295711)
My dealer called me two months ago to say my car will be produced and shipped 2nd to 3rd week of December.

My dealer called me up last month to confirm.

My dealer called me up yesterday and left voicemail that my car is arriving Friday Dec17 and I can pick it up on Monday.

My insurance agent called him up today and he told her "nonono I made a mistake his car wont come until at least January"

:mad0260:

Im ready to curse this guy out over the phone or in person. How can I track my car online and what info do I need? Im afraid if I do this I wont get my car till 2011. I gave a 1k deposit.

How much of an idiot can you be to call someone up and say "come pick it up in 4-5 days itll be here" and then tell ur agent "OOPS were looking till January the earliest I made a mistake (three times)..? Something smells fishy.

Go to CamaroTracking.com and enter your Order #. that's it, up the the day tracking information on your order. Plus email updates automatically when there is a change.

-Tekk

TekkGuy 12-17-2009 03:23 PM

Just curious, what dealer? Where in NY?

Cmaro214 12-17-2009 03:30 PM

well if he gives you 1 more bit of bad news or changes to your production but doesnt offer the entire info on your order, tell them you want your money back and will look elsewhere. if your in NY it seems Paddock up in buffalo is popular

MONTANACARGUY 12-17-2009 03:38 PM

Dealer might have been trying to get you to the store so he could convince you to do the paperwork and count the sale for the month of december!?

myold88 12-17-2009 03:43 PM

It sounds like your dealer sold your car out from under you, probably for a lot more than than the two of you had agreed to- I left N.Y. (long Island) 30 years ago and never looked back.
If you did get snookered I would report the dealer to the Better Business Bureau and also let everyone here have the dealers name.

dragrcr 12-17-2009 03:47 PM

At some point you should have had a vin number issued. If you got that from him then he could not screw around without getting caught.

jrboyd_1980 12-17-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MONTANACARGUY (Post 1295797)
Dealer might have been trying to get you to the store so he could convince you to do the paperwork and count the sale for the month of december!?

Dealers can't count the sale to vehicle is on their lot.
Betting the sold it from under him.

RozzyBoy117 12-17-2009 03:57 PM

dude the same thing happened to me i put a 1000 down and everything, but like a month before i actually got mine i went in and wanted to test drive one cause i never even drove one and wanted to get a feel for the car, he tells me yours will be in on thursday (it was sunday) so just wait. so i waited til friday, no car. i go in he says next wed, or friday. next friday comes around, he tells me next monday and i didnt get my car till that fallowing tuesday.

just be patient it will be there soon.

ViperTomcat 12-17-2009 04:04 PM

sounds like he sold it from under you and is now scrambling trying to cover it up like a cat trying to cover a turd on a marble floor.

I'd get your 1K back and take it to another dealer, only after telling the manager and the Better Business dept. the entire story :)

Hercules778 12-17-2009 04:08 PM

Thanks for the reply guys. Dont wanna name the dealership; I called him up and he said my car is stuck in NewJersey with alot of other cars and it would take a few days for the trucks to travel to LI area, he also said definately NOT in January its already here(well, closeby). Thanks for the camaro tracking link as well thats what I was looking for :D . Ill give the benefit of the doubt since 10 more days isnt gonna hurt. Ill call their dealership out if anything really does happen though.

Got a little panic attack since Im carless right now and out of work (because im moving but I cant move with no car yet). Been stuck home for 5 days and my eyes hurt from sitting watching tv and being on the computer looking at camaro youtube videos and mod dreaming..

mjdodd1107 12-17-2009 04:12 PM

That's actually typical, especially if it's in Newark. Mine sat there for a week before leaving on a truck to the dealership.

Hercules778 12-17-2009 04:14 PM

Yeah, I would have appreciated if he told me that first instead of my agent that would have helped know what I mean ..that was a big "WTF?" moment I had sorry.

bmac 12-17-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperTomcat (Post 1295885)
.... trying to cover it up like a cat trying to cover a turd on a marble floor.

:laugh: Never heard that one before. Mind if I use it?