Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   So I have top issues, 2013. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294070)

BlueRay-J 05-07-2013 07:26 PM

So I have top issues, 2013.

Started using my top now since it is finally warmer out and here are the issues that came up in the last week...

1- Major rattle developed in right rear of vehicle
2- Top is displaying new creases over driver and passenger door
3- Headliner has weird crease near rear window
4- When raising top it tilts to the passenger side, does not look right
5- There is velcro tape on the 5th bow that is not attached to anything

So, here we are going in for my 3rd service appointment relating to mechanical issues with the car, and I only have 3500 miles. This car is starting to feel like a pile of junk.

Issues still unresolved since they are intermittent..

Blower fan chirp
Engine belt squeak
Squeak between driver and passenger window

And then to top it off, I have some acid rain etched into the clear coat already and 3 tiny rock chips in the windshield. I apologize for the whine, I'm just getting frustrated.

OrangeVert 05-08-2013 03:00 AM

Sorry to hear, BlueRay-J. Good luck getting those things taken care of. I had a few issues (driver's seat latch binding, rub noise on wheels turing left on first rollout, 2nd gear grind 1st shift when cold) most of which worked themselves out.

Appt scheduled next Monday for the remainders (wind noise TSB, Hurst logo on shifter sticks out w/sharp edge, tonneau cover vinyl peeling), all very minor. But for $40k I expect only minor issues - so this is cool.

classicrockr 05-08-2013 05:47 AM

check the link below for a complete description of my issues. There have been many, but I stayed with this car & now I'm waiting on a settlement check from GM.

Start keeping track of things & LEARN THE LEMON LAWS for your state. the lemon law offices (not the Better Business Bureau) were the ones that got me the settlement from GM.

Hopefully you won't end up getting rid of it, but just be as armed as possible with all the knowledge you'll need so you can make that choice before it's too late.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291354

'11 cyber grey vert 05-08-2013 06:36 AM

one of the members, 95birdible,
was kind enough to set up a facebook group.It is very supportive, lots of information and shared experiences.
check it out
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2269...if_t=group_r2j

BlueRay-J 05-08-2013 08:32 AM

Thanks . I don't do Facebook anymore, I really don't care what an acquaintance from 2nd grade had for lunch. Lol

I will say the dealer I'm using appears to be very knowledgeable about all the previous top issues and is treating me well. This is good since I didn't buy the car from them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

spikess581 05-08-2013 04:43 PM

Sounds like a ''broken'' 5th bow is one of your problems

BlueRay-J 05-08-2013 06:45 PM

Top is taught, so I think the 5th bow is good. The dealership only had time to work on the squeak, said it is the 5th bow doing that. So I figure they would have identified a broken 5th if that was it.

spikess581 05-08-2013 07:42 PM

OK, I was saying that because the tilt to the passenger side was one of the symptoms with the 5th bow. Hope you get it all fixed up soon.

BlueRay-J 05-08-2013 10:05 PM

Interesting. Maybe its partially broken. More info tomorrow hopefully.

BlueRay-J 05-11-2013 08:32 AM

Well dealer said it was fine. Except the rattle. But they didn't do anything to fix it.

I compared my top with a 13 zl1 and it worked the same. I guess I was overly paranoid.

But the rattle is driving me nuts. I had someone ride in the back and can't pin it down.

BlueRay-J 05-13-2013 06:06 PM

I still can't find the rattle. Its more of a ticking noise and it occurs when the top is up or down. It only happens when the car is moving, but its not repetitive like a stone in the tire. Its more synchronous with flex of the car over small bumps, but is not limited to front or rear.

Its not loud but I can hear it over the radio with the top up. It almost sounds like its in the wheel well or in with the rear seatbelt.

The only change to my car around when this started was the Corsa install. Any chance that could cause it?

95birdible 05-13-2013 06:18 PM

Blueray I just noticed one in mine also. It is the magnet that holds the seatbelt tight on the seat. A very soft ticking noise either top up or down. Might want to check that out.

BlueRay-J 05-13-2013 06:55 PM

Good thought! Unfortunately I have had two people ride in the backseat and confirm it was coming from behind them. But I will check it anyway to be sure it wasn't some weird sound echo. I'll try anything at this point!

IL-Tracker 05-13-2013 07:01 PM

Blueray,

Had our top removed for 5th bow and water bag replacement in April 2012. Could swear there was a type of rattle coming from behind the drivers side. Had the dealer check it out - pulled the panel alongside the rear seat and found panel clips that were either loose or missing and had them replaced. Assuming it had to do with removing the top since it wasn't there before and replacing the panel clips seemed to correct the problem.