Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Blackfire BlackICE WTF?!?! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298580)

ihaveacamaro 05-29-2013 08:10 PM

Blackfire BlackICE WTF?!?!

This is a bit of a story:

I have a pot of this BlackICE hybrid wax and I put it on half my girlfriend's hood to make this video: http://youtu.be/RyQdZNWdY8A

Anyways I'm making the next video of the series (Adam's Americana) and continue on to what I normally do to remove wax. I washed the car with some CG citrus wash and gloss at the 1 oz per gallon ratio.

After washing and rinsing, I flooded the hood to make sure the water was no longer sheeting. The outcome you ask? The water sheeted right off the side with Blackfire BlackICE and stuck to the side that had no wax on it previously.

Ok no problem, I thought. I'll just rewash just the hood again with the CG soap.

After doing that and flooding the hood again, the water continued to sheet off the side with the BlackICE!

This kind of durability for a LSP is unusual for me, but not unheard of.

Ok, time to change up the plan, I figured. I sprayed FOUR OUNCES of Adam's APC straight. Yup straight, right onto only one side of the hood.

Then I used my mitt and washed the hood of the car once again with the CG Wash N Gloss.

No way the wax can withstand this... right? I thought.

I thought wrong.

Ok wow, the wax side is still clearly sheeting the water better than the non waxed side.

Time to move to the next step: claying this damn hood.

Well, I clayed and clayed and clayed one more time! Yes, I clayed the car THREE times!

You know what I'm going to say next. The waxed side of the hood continued to sheet water much faster than the non waxed side of the hood.

After a few choice expletives, I resigned myself to the fact that I would have to polish off wax. It is kind of ridiculous to think that after everything I did, I STILL had to polish the damn wax off.

M205, gray pad, griot's garage and about 20 minutes later, the whole hood was polished.

An IPA wipedown and final rinse later told me I had finally succeeded in my epic journey to remove the Blackfire BlackICE wax. It only took me about 2 hours for one half the hood.

5 months claimed durability? You bet I believe it.

charlietuna 05-29-2013 08:16 PM

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ec1990 05-29-2013 08:17 PM

You know everytime I hear about it I want to put in an order for it more and more.

Glen e 05-29-2013 08:18 PM

it's in 3 oz now....i think b/o though....

ec1990 05-29-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 6604968)
it's in 3 oz now....i think b/o though....

I know...I'm scared to tell you but autopia has free shipping over $50, and over $75 now they're giving 2 blackfire 20oz products (certain ones) plus a mitt.

lscamaro 05-29-2013 09:15 PM

sadly the 3oz is on backorder... was about to order too lol

otter 05-29-2013 09:18 PM

That is really crazy. I have bought some Blackfire products recently and have been impressed.

WiSSDiver 05-29-2013 10:30 PM

Dang!

kostnkost 05-30-2013 01:09 PM

This is music to my ears as I have some BF Midnight Sun Ivory carnuba paste sitting in my basement just waiting to get used!

Oneslowz28 05-30-2013 02:13 PM

i bought the full blackfire kit for wash, wax and mait. best money I have ever spent.

lscamaro 05-31-2013 02:36 AM

I really want to test this wax out next. I'll be getting it as soon as they bring back the 3oz. size.

maxx210 06-03-2013 10:55 AM

Always been loyal to turtle wax.....hearing this makes me want to be naughty and cheat on the turtle...