Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Does Your Radio Stay On?! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21727)

Sierra 05-07-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 465868)
It goes off when you open the door...but you can turn it back on without the key and it will stay on.

So awesome.

hfd65 05-07-2009 01:30 PM

That is so crazy that it has a usb port....
Can't wait.....
Mine is somewhere between Arkansas and Houston....On a train ride...
I am going downtown Houston tonight...
They have about 50 2010 Camaros at the Astros vs Cubs game tonight....

MontyCarlo 05-07-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hfd65 (Post 466147)
That is so crazy that it has a usb port....
Can't wait.....
Mine is somewhere between Arkansas and Houston....On a train ride...
I am going downtown Houston tonight...
They have about 50 2010 Camaros at the Astros vs Cubs game tonight....

I know, I love it. :) I'm making sure I've got all the cd's I own copied as mp3's and shopping around for nice big USB memory sticks so I can have all my music with me, all the time (without spending nearly as much money on an ipod or zune!)

Embalmer 05-07-2009 03:17 PM

When I open the driver's side door, my radio turns off.

camaroconti@evs 05-07-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomServo (Post 465614)
It's usually no more the 10 or 15 minutes or until a door is opened. In my 06 vette and 09 SRX the time is programable via the DIC.

NOPE, open both doors it stays on!

I can get in the can, without a key in....and simply turn on the radio and it stays on!

I emailed GM heard nothing back, so I posted here to see what you guy may have heard. Thanks!

Mr_Draco 05-07-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaroconti@evs (Post 466914)
NOPE, open both doors it stays on!

I can get in the can, without a key in....and simply turn on the radio and it stays on!

I emailed GM heard nothing back, so I posted here to see what you guy may have heard. Thanks!

Are you closing the doors before you turn on the radio? At the unveiling that I went to yesterday, if you leave the doors open then turn on the radio it stayed on but if you close the door first then turn the radio on , it turned off when you opened the door.

ucla1ove3 05-07-2009 05:48 PM

owners manual?

jeffny09 05-07-2009 05:55 PM

weird~!

CWI 05-10-2009 10:43 PM

:word:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ucla1ove3 (Post 467068)
owners manual?

HTWLSS 05-10-2009 11:03 PM

Read the sales literature or watch the sales videos?

2010 SS RS 05-10-2009 11:10 PM

Actually I noticed this in the dealer cars. I tried everything and the radio stayed on. Shut doors, opened doors, waited and it did not matter. How do you keep from running the battery down. You all say read this read that. Please post something up cause I cant get it to go off.

beausbriggs 05-11-2009 09:48 AM

So I got to try this out yesterday in a dealer car. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, because I was a bit overwhelmed!

The radio functions as normal when you shut the car off. Radio stays on until the drivers door is opened. At that point the radio shuts off.

Now, if you were to turn it back on, it is on for an extended amount of time. No door opening or anything else will turn it off. You must turn it off on the head unit.

If this is indeed how it works, I like it. This way you can play the radio while you're detailing your car or sitting at the beach. I would assume the battery run down protection that has been on all GM's for a while, will also shut the radio off before it becomes an issue.

Again, any owners out there, correct me if I'm wrong...

levi1922 05-11-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beausbriggs (Post 476263)
So I got to try this out yesterday in a dealer car. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, because I was a bit overwhelmed!

The radio functions as normal when you shut the car off. Radio stays on until the drivers door is opened. At that point the radio shuts off.

Now, if you were to turn it back on, it is on for an extended amount of time. No door opening or anything else will turn it off. You must turn it off on the head unit.

If this is indeed how it works, I like it. This way you can play the radio while you're detailing your car or sitting at the beach. I would assume the battery run down protection that has been on all GM's for a while, will also shut the radio off before it becomes an issue.

Again, any owners out there, correct me if I'm wrong...

im not an owner, but from everything that i have seen, read, heard and watched, this is correct. i think it is the same a the GTO's radios were

techinny 03-11-2012 09:24 AM

Went out this morning to change the time on the clock, instead of turning on the key, I pushed the power button and the radio came on. The drivers door was open too. I adjusted the time like I had planned, then pushed the power button again and turned it off. You learn something new every day.

Now, I only had it on for a couple minutes, is there any update to the above posts as far as how long the radio stays if it is turned on like I did? Has anyone left the radio on long enough to the point they needed to be jump started because the battery was low?