Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Strange Idle issue and service stabillitrack (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233810)

david6509 06-28-2012 03:28 AM

Strange Idle issue and service stabillitrack

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has experienced this problem. When revving the car on the way down it drops very low and sometimes even cuts out(no codes, have tried a couple tunes from Ted but doesn't seem to change). Also it seems to alternate between service stabillitrak or the abs and traction control light on. After a while they might disapear but it is always random. Have a edelbrock supercharger, lingenfelter dual pump, jre smooth idle blower cam, zr1 spark plugs, msd igniton leads, rotofab cai, Kooks longtubes and hi flow cats. Any help would be appreciated.

Strange idle video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2PGC...e_gdata_player

MRGOODWRENCH3 06-28-2012 01:07 PM

I would have a good look at the spark plug wires. If one is loose it can turn on the ABS/Stabilitrak lights.

david6509 06-29-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRGOODWRENCH3 (Post 5205542)
I would have a good look at the spark plug wires. If one is loose it can turn on the ABS/Stabilitrak lights.

Bit of a update, The weather has warmed up allot here and the stabillitrak hasn't been on in two days :/

joeybsyc 07-04-2012 12:54 PM

Ironically the EXACT thing happened to me this sunday... my car has ZERO mods, and is just over 7000 miles. I was driving it all day, shut it off for 20 min, got in and started it and almost immediately noticed a miss in the engine. I pulled out and the "Service Stabilitrack" message came on my DIC, and a plethora of other lights lit up around my gauges. I immediately pulled off the road and opened the hood to discover one plug wire had popped completely off the coil pack and was just laying there. I put it back on and all the lights went out and the car of course operated normally. I discovered that 2 of my 8 plug wires do not properly "snap" on, and could easily be bumped off. The dealer is ordering me a new set of wires under warranty. I had never heard of this happening on anyone else's Camaro, but seems odd that 2 of 8 wires on my car suffer this problem.

Anyone else ever have similar issues with the factory spark plug wires?

Chevrolet Customer Svc 07-06-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeybsyc (Post 5236004)
Ironically the EXACT thing happened to me this sunday... my car has ZERO mods, and is just over 7000 miles. I was driving it all day, shut it off for 20 min, got in and started it and almost immediately noticed a miss in the engine. I pulled out and the "Service Stabilitrack" message came on my DIC, and a plethora of other lights lit up around my gauges. I immediately pulled off the road and opened the hood to discover one plug wire had popped completely off the coil pack and was just laying there. I put it back on and all the lights went out and the car of course operated normally. I discovered that 2 of my 8 plug wires do not properly "snap" on, and could easily be bumped off. The dealer is ordering me a new set of wires under warranty. I had never heard of this happening on anyone else's Camaro, but seems odd that 2 of 8 wires on my car suffer this problem.

Anyone else ever have similar issues with the factory spark plug wires?

I am sorry to hear of the concern that you had experienced. It is great that your dealership was able to diagnose this and cover it under your warranty. Please let us know how service goes once this is repaired.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

joeybsyc 07-17-2012 06:03 PM

I got a new set of wires installed under warranty.