Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My Camaro came with its tires reversed rear to front... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302264)

Mach 06-17-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYDLIFECRISIS (Post 6678260)
Left to right is wrong also. On my car, they are staggered and directional.

The P zeros are directional? I couldn't find the rotation arrow.

djm96z28 06-18-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 6680757)
Even wearing of the tires, through proper rotation, helps keep your car from going out of whack. Properly balanced wheels/tires also contributes.

I haven't decided if I want to rotate mine. To me, going from side to side does not help even out the tire wear. If the right front tire is worn on the outer edge, putting it on the left front will still have the worn edge on the outside. What's the point....

KJS 06-18-2013 09:11 AM

Why rotate tires? Here's why....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comrando (Post 6678588)
Sorry that happened to you.
Dealer is totally wrong.

I never have understood rotating tires.
Bunch of BS.
Like 3,000 mile oil changes.
You have steers and drives.
Replace the sets in pairs.
Who imagines the left wears out quicker or slower than the right?
Unless you are driving on an oval and seconds in a pit stop mean something.
Do you ever see a race crew rotating tires?
We all make rights and lefts.

Many tire professionals and manufacturers have studied the wear patterns of tires for different types of vehicles in different countries. My wife worked for Michelin Tires for many years. Essentially this is what their research has found....

"The outside, front tire is worn disproportionately. Cloverleaf interchanges, and parking ramps turn right in left hand drive (otherwise known as right hand traffic) countries, causing the left front tire to be worn faster than the right front. Furthermore, right turns are tighter than left turns, also causing more tire wear. Conversely the sidewalls on the right tire tends to be bumped and rubbed against the curb while parking the vehicle, causing asymmetric sidewall wear. The symmetric opposite occurs in countries that drive on the left."

Now, that being said, if your front and rear tires are different sizes and are directional (can only go in one direction) then you can not rotate tires. Some posters and readers of this forum have different tires than those that came from the factory so any blanket statement about your model or year may not be absolutely true.

EVERYONE makes mistakes. And just because they do, they are not instantly branded idiots. People who constantly make the same mistakes or don't learn by them, do get honor of being getting the idiot lable.
Dealers like every other business have a hard time finding good help and includes all levels - managers, sales persons, mechanics and floor washers. Dealerships that continually hire incompetent employees and don't care about customer service, are fools for obvious reasons, and probably fall into the idiot category.

Just sayin'....

Mach 06-18-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYDLIFECRISIS (Post 6678260)
Left to right is wrong also. On my car, they are staggered and directional.

The P zeros are directional? I couldn't find the rotation arrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comrando (Post 6683741)
No.
Marked for outside vs. inside. Deeper tread on the outside to blow water out.

Exactly. If you rotate the right and left, the outside is still outside and inside is still inside. If MYDLIFECRISIS has the stock Pzeros, he is spreading misinformation.

Chubby 06-18-2013 09:44 AM

PZeros are not directional. They have an inside and outside but not directional. You can swap side to side.

cadyshac 06-18-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4rknezz (Post 6678407)
Well, they are quite nice to me, but yeah - a little disappointed here. What happens to warranties and all that stuff if I go to a different dealer? Do they just look up my record, take over any warranty claim if i ever have one, etc? This is my first car - I kind of thought that i can only deal warranty with the dealer I bought it from? I never had to fill in a camaro warranty card afterall.

Remind me of a George Thorougood song "now Friday come I didn't have the rent and out the door I went" LOL

As long as you are willing to pay them for service you may or may not need they will be nice as pie, but wow what a screw up!!

911medic 06-24-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneCynic (Post 6678702)
To my knowledge, the only Camaro that takes full regular tire rotations is the LS. That is the one I have, and I get them rotated every 5000 miles along with the oil change. All four wheels and tires are the same size. No trim level above that should have anything rotated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skibik (Post 6678884)
I have a 2012 1LT and they have all the same tires on all 4 corners. BF Goodrich 245/55-18 all season radials all 4 corners.

Dean. :thumbup:

And my 2012 2LT (non-RS) has PZero Nero 245/50-19 all seasons all around, which also can be rotated.

parkermoeder 06-24-2013 12:52 PM

Same thing happened to me with mine. But only had 9800 miles on it so it couldn't of been too long