Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Camaro v6 vs. Genesis 3.8 Track (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20503)

MerlinZero 04-29-2009 01:33 PM

Camaro v6 vs. Genesis 3.8 Track

Heres one for those that asked the question last month

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ack/index.html

levi1922 04-29-2009 04:33 PM

what was the question?

Warpick 05-08-2009 09:00 AM

There's V6 genesis coupes out there that are already putting out 500hp to the wheels. And it's lighter then the Camaro V6. Be on the lookout for spicy Kim Chi out there. It'll cause heartburn and may induce vomiting in competitors.

Don't underestimate the coupe even more so if they drop the V8 in it.

thecamaroguy 05-08-2009 09:09 AM

Why is it every test that a car can give a Camaro a run for it's money they have the "track pack" or some extra feature to make the tests results closer.

UGGH!

fdjizm 05-08-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecamaroguy (Post 468744)
Why is it every test that a car can give a Camaro a run for it's money they have the "track pack" or some extra feature to make the tests results closer.

UGGH!

yea just a factory option though. why strip the car for a performance review? the camaro has a package too.

flyinglow57 05-08-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdjizm (Post 468755)
yea just a factory option though. why strip the car for a performance review? the camaro ha a package too.

the title has this " 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track"

i think the Track is the track pack

Mr. Wyndham 05-08-2009 09:27 AM

It didn't sound like they were giving the Camaro a fair shake to me...too many nitpicky things. But maybe that's me...none of the things they mentioned really mattered to me. :iono:

I think the cars were so close...sooo close...that it came down to nitpicky things. I can't fault them for that. But that comment at the end irritated me. About which car will last? :bs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdjizm (Post 468755)
the camaro has a package too.

It does?

Captain Awesome 05-08-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warpick (Post 468726)
There's V6 genesis coupes out there that are already putting out 500hp to the wheels. And it's lighter then the Camaro V6. Be on the lookout for spicy Kim Chi out there. It'll cause heartburn and may induce vomiting in competitors.

Don't underestimate the coupe even more so if they drop the V8 in it.

I'd love to see some kinds to these 500RWHP coupes and I thought they couldn't put the V8 in that thing because it does not fit.

What would happen if they put a V8 in the Camaro? Oh wait... they DO!

fdjizm 05-08-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 468770)
It didn't sound like they were giving the Camaro a fair shake to me...too many nitpicky things. But maybe that's me...none of the things they mentioned really mattered to me. :iono:

I think the cars were so close...sooo close...that it came down to nitpicky things. I can't fault them for that. But that comment at the end irritated me. About which car will last? :bs:

It does?

yes it says 2lt package :wave:

Quote:

and a preproduction, non-RS Camaro with the 2LT package, shod with 19-inch all-season performance tires.

Mr. Wyndham 05-08-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdjizm (Post 469145)
yes it says 2lt package :wave:

How does that equate to the Track package on the Genesis coupe?

Xanthos 05-08-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 469162)
How does that equate to the Track package on the Genesis coupe?

All Camaros have a package. A really, really big package.

The competitors charge you extra.
- Xanthos

THE EVIL TW1N 05-08-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 469212)
All Camaros have a package. A really, really big package.

The competitors charge you extra.
- Xanthos

No need to call her out on her obesity like that. :laughabove:

ConceptVBS 05-08-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Awesome (Post 469134)
I'd love to see some kinds to these 500RWHP coupes and I thought they couldn't put the V8 in that thing because it does not fit.

What would happen if they put a V8 in the Camaro? Oh wait... they DO!

They already have the V8 engine in the sedan. Both cars are based on the Genesis platform. So you do the math. It's bound to happen sometime in the future, if not by the manufacturer, most certainly by hobbyists.

Captain Awesome 05-08-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConceptVBS (Post 471075)
They already have the V8 engine in the sedan. Both cars are based on the Genesis platform. So you do the math. It's bound to happen sometime in the future, if not by the manufacturer, most certainly by hobbyists.

The V8 will not fit inside the existing sheetmetal. It's a fact. Dropping in a V8 is going to require serious exterior work and will be cost prohibitive except for a few examples made be folks with more money than brains.

There will probably be more Jet powered Camaros than V8-powered Genesi.