Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   so i got some info in the mail today from GM (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2331)

pearsonmx6 12-19-2007 02:29 PM

so i got some info in the mail today from GM

i dont know if you can read what is in the picture so i will type it all out

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4697/dsc00677rx7.jpg

Quote:

from GM

Configuration: four-passenger, rear-weel-drive convertible with a 400 hp, 6.0 liter LS2 V8 engine.

Bold exterior highlights: hugger orange pearl tri-coat with contrasting gunmetal striping on the hood and rear deck. power convertible top. light weight five-spoke aluminum wheels 21-inch front, 22-inch rear

purposeful interior details: deeply contoured performance seating (black and platinum-toned seats with "alcantara" inserts). smoked satin finish on interior trim and hugger orange accent stitching on seats, platinum-toned accents on door panels and instrument panel. center console with 1969-inspired "four-pack" auxiliary gauges. billet aluminum shifter and pedals.

:happyanim:

Jeff 12-19-2007 05:47 PM

Nice. I bet the LS2 will be in the production model as well. Thats what I'm expecting for the V8. Is that just a flier or is it a magazine?

Mr. Wyndham 12-19-2007 06:13 PM

:paddle: How many times must this be said?:rolleyes:

The LS2 will not be in the production model Camaro.:mad0259:

pearsonmx6 12-19-2007 06:28 PM

this is a flier that came directly from gm. so if they say ls2 i am going to be betting on ls2. although i would like something bigger.

Emher 12-19-2007 06:29 PM

That's just a poster for the concept though right?

Pencil.Fight 12-19-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emher (Post 35383)
That's just a poster for the concept though right?

:reposthorse:

Exactly. The concept has an LS2, the concept is also orange with gunmetal stripes.

Anyone want to bet me that all production models will be orange convertibles with gunmetal stripes?

The stats listed here are (clearly) for the concept only.

Emher 12-19-2007 06:39 PM

Yeah that's what I meant. This is basically what it says on Chevy's site for the concept. So what't the news here? This is concept specs, and we already knew they had LS2's.

Pencil.Fight 12-19-2007 06:46 PM

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure why they keep sending out the specs on the concept. It's been 2 years, we've got some information on the production models. Send us some fliers with information we don't know, or at least info that applies to the car that we'll eventually be buying.

I don't know about you, but I doubt I'll ever get the chance to drive the Concept, so whether it has an LS2 or a vacuum cleaner motor really makes no difference to me. IMHO concept specs are only really applicable until they decide to build the car, then the concept is no more than a pretty picture (very pretty, mind you) and they need to shift their focus to the production 2010 Camaro.

Mr. Wyndham 12-19-2007 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pearsonmx6 (Post 35382)
this is a flier that came directly from gm. so if they say ls2 i am going to be betting on ls2. although i would like something bigger.

That's what we all began thinking. Especially since the LS2 was outfitted with AFM for the concept, and all.

BUT!!! and this is a big but,

The LS2 is dead as we speak. They are ramping down production. Soooo...I think it would be kinda hard to pop a non-existant engine into 25,000 or so Camaro's :D

z28camaro2471 12-19-2007 08:01 PM

Honestly I can see why people would think the production version will have the ls2. Every thing GM writes about the car mentions the ls2. They should just say it will have an optional high horse v8.

Have we been told otherwise by the fbodfather himself? Well yes, I think so. But again, I think they need to remove the ls2 reference from their literature.

Just my .02.

stovt001 12-20-2007 12:07 AM

Yeah, GM really needs to shut up about Concept specs, because they are irrelevant and outdated anyway, and now its just confusing the newbies. I swear though, if I hear LS2 one more time...:suicide:

"I swear, if one more person says 'shenanigans', I'll pistol whip them."

acscamarochick06 12-20-2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stovt001 (Post 35432)

"Hey Farva, what's the name of that place you really like to go with all the goofy shit on the walls?"

Mindz 12-20-2007 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stovt001 (Post 35432)
Yeah, GM really needs to shut up about Concept specs, because they are irrelevant and outdated anyway, and now its just confusing the newbies. I swear though, if I hear LS2 one more time...:suicide:

"Pics or Shens..."a term my guild in World of Warcraft coined on the server Illidan well before our funeral bombing.

TAG UR IT 12-20-2007 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 (Post 35450)
"Hey Farva, what's the name of that place you really like to go with all the goofy shit on the walls?"

:laughabove: :bellyroll:

and for the LS2........................:reposthorse:

:bangdesk: