Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   RIP 2012 ZL1 #1635 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333504)

gen=5 12-21-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n (Post 7276178)
If all that is said is true, not saying it isnt... (this is the internet) Then what business would do this. I mean, any responsible business owner would replace the car.

I have seen and heard so many thing done by dealers,you would never even want to drive by there without getting sick..anyway i post a review on google as well.EVERYONE NEEDS TO DO THIS

gen=5 12-21-2013 02:55 AM

hELP RIP 1635 zl1

Some of you guys may have read the thread about the members ZL1 being taken for a joy ride by a dealers employee,and totaling the car..now the dealer is not willing to help out with replacement or even give them the insurance information,just hoping that they will go away and deal with it out of their own pocket..show your support post a negative review on google pls help out the member you would want help if it was your beloved car..
https://www.google.com/search?q=1st+...=UTF-8#lrd=lrd

TheHorse13 12-21-2013 06:54 AM

Call the local media. When a reporter stands outside of their dealership and repeats this story to the community that supports their business, I bet their position will change.

Kevlar382 12-21-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devryn17 (Post 7274829)
EVERY dealer reacts this way when this kind of thing happens. EVERY dealer that does this gets blasted all over internet blogs. EVERY dealer that does this is found wrong in court, yet the CONTINUOUSLY do this. Contact Jalopnik and Autoblog. Contact GM. Hire a lawyer.

This would never happen at my dealer. This had nothing to do with your car being serviced, they weren't even open. Your car was stolen when they were responsible for it by some a$$ that worked for them. Press charges against the guy and sue the dealer for your loss.

mickmosh 12-21-2013 07:37 AM

Well damn service dept is closed today. Really want to call about getting ss serviced, 1st thing Monday morning now....

KARLOR 12-21-2013 07:47 AM

Wow, that's all I can say. I hope you get this resolved! I have been to that dealership several times to look and decided to buy closer to home in Salisbury. We too have an equinox and camaro. I would call WBOC and a lawyer!!

BriteCrawler 12-21-2013 07:57 AM

I'll be honest, I didn't believe a single word of this until their facebook page got deleted.

I'm still scratching my head as to why you don't have a lawyer involved. EVERY lawyer I know would chomp at the bit to take payment after settlement on this case, as it is 100% winnable and pretty much open and shut. You left your property in someone else's care where it was destroyed.

I also don't buy that you can't press charges. If not against the dealer, against the service writer. As you've mentioned, they don't have anything you signed waiving liability or implying they needed to test drive your car.

My lawyer gives free consultations. I can guarantee you some good ones in your state do too.

Source: I'm a small business owner. There's no way they're not liable.

Forgot to ask:
Did you own this car outright, or does someone have a lien on it? It's in their interest to get this resolved too.

PM "Chevrolet Customer Svc". I know for a fact they have made calls to dealerships on behalf of members on this board.

sloSS 12-21-2013 08:11 AM

As others have said, approach your local TV station that does consumer advocate stories.
Get an attorney, this should be a slam dunk (but we know nothing ever is as simple as it should be).
Sue both the dealer and the employee

AMCBimmer 12-21-2013 09:18 AM

This is interesting!

Midnight Rat 12-21-2013 09:42 AM

Done

1985airborne 12-21-2013 09:43 AM

I have to say you have handled this like an adult...Brother I would have went ape shit and used PTSD as my excuse...You seriously need to consult with an attorney and when you go to trial have the dealership pay for legal representation. This is definitely not a small claims court case so this will need to betaken up with the state because the value of your property. Please let us know what dealership this so we dont go to it...Hell maybe there should be a STICKY for shitty Dealerships...

2012-1822 12-21-2013 10:07 AM

Did it last night

cdjnight 12-21-2013 10:07 AM

it would be a good time to start emailing them on their normal web site

2012-1822 12-21-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BriteCrawler (Post 7276378)
I'll be honest, I didn't believe a single word of this until their facebook page got deleted.

I dont know why, but glad you're on board now

Quote:

Originally Posted by BriteCrawler (Post 7276378)

Forgot to ask:
Did you own this car outright, or does someone have a lien on it? It's in their interest to get this resolved too.

That's a good point for the OP. If you owe on the car, then the bank might have interest here and they might be a little bigger heavy hitter than you. Plus, I'd definitely have my insurance company all over it, if you have a good insurance company that is. And lawyer