Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Official: 2013 Camaro 1LE Performance Package: 426-hp, 1g cornering, under $40,000 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212140)

boxmonkeyracing 04-02-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rez333 (Post 4743660)
To all the Magnetic Ride zealots: how do you explain that this Camaro circuit monster doesn't have it?

I will almost guarantee you that ride quality has suffered some. With that said. I'm not for MR. I prefer the sandard e/FE4 or pedders setup. SCCA compliant.

boxmonkeyracing 04-02-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 4741508)
no need to pay dealer mark-up - this will not be 'limited edition' -

When will dealers learn? There is always another dealer out there willing to sale at or below MSRP. Plane tickets and hotels won't total 5k. on top of having fun driving home with it.

cbass 04-02-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

No.
TRW in the camaro.
I am not sure if you know the answer to this, but from looking at the window stickers it seems that over the years the Canadian/North American part content has increased in the camaro. Have I done crappy research or is this in fact true? It's something that is important to me and actually one of the reasons I chose the camaro over the mustang.

radz28 04-02-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rez333 (Post 4743660)
To all the Magnetic Ride zealots: how do you explain that this Camaro circuit monster doesn't have it?

I'm with 'monkey' on this one... I believe that was even part of the release somewhere, when referring to the new shocks. I don't think that's a bad thing, considering it seems to me the circuit is where 1LE is supposed to be in it's regime. It's hard to get a good blend of both, without getting too expensive.

Regarding MRC III - I'm more starting to believe this is being reserved for a yet announced model. 1LE is the Track Pack for SS, and I believe MRC III is just too valuable and useful to be restricted to one model only, in CAMARO's lineup. Anyways - MRC III is there to make CAMARO is best most reasonable compromise between track car and GT car. There have already been multiple reviewer comments complementing how well it rides off the track in the correct mode while really going around the track at a super-high level.

I think it would've required too many resources and ultimately end up costing too much to make into 1LE, given the way I look at the option. It would've been priced-out of range to keep it competitive (price-wise) and, again - I now subscribe to the theory this may not be the last update to the line that we see. THAT'S where I see MRC III making another appearance.

JMVHO.

cbass 04-02-2012 03:16 PM

I understand the MRC being too expensive for a track package, but can I throw a temper tandrum and stomp my foot like a teenage girl that just hit puberty for not getting the ZL1 brakes?

And before someone gets offended. I'm just joking around and being real nit picky. I can't wait to see the 1LE.

Atlas 04-02-2012 03:24 PM

Do want. I'll take mine in 1SS trim, non-RS, no sunroof or fancy infotainment please. Make it summit white for me. Hell, the original 1LE didn't even have A/C.

cajun1le 04-02-2012 04:44 PM

Does anyone know if the 1LE is going to appear at the New York Auto Show in April?

BustedCrank 04-02-2012 09:21 PM

I too would like to know why the 1le didn't receive the ZL1 brakes? Or will they be an option?

I see Fbodfather, you are following this thread, care to comment on this?

nak3dsnake 04-02-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BustedCrank (Post 4746416)
I too would like to know why the 1le didn't receive the ZL1 brakes? Or will they be an option?

MS3DALE mentioned that 1LE brakes are upgraded versions of the stock ss stuff. At least that's what he sees in the system

ohsotender1 04-02-2012 09:25 PM

I've only had my 2012 45th for two months and only 500 miles on it ... but it might be time to trade it for a 2013 WITH a navigation system!

2cnd chance 04-02-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Because the Z28 will. ;) My guess.

Fraxum 04-02-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 4746548)
Because the Z28 will. ;) My guess.

Relentless.:thumbup:

JusticePete 04-03-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

:popcorn: