Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   No Power to Driver's Side Window? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49619)

67 Convertible 10-29-2009 06:36 AM

No Power to Driver's Side Window?

Had the car for 4 months. 3 or 4 times during this period I've had to re-program the driver's window (roll window down, roll up and hold switch)...no problem, not a real issue.

This morning I start up the car and get the "Open and close drivers window" on the DIC. I figure no problem, I've seen this a few times. I go to re-program the window and there's no power to the switch? The window won't index, which makes it really hard to close the door , the switch is dead, window won't go up or down so I can't reprogram. Pass. window works fine, so I don't think it's a fuse. I've turn the car on and off, opened and closed the door, but the switch won't work. Was working fine when I used the car lastnight.
Anyone had this particular problem? I'll take it to the dealer tomorrow, but wondering if there's something I can do to avoid the dealer visit.

Verio 10-29-2009 06:44 AM

I haven't once had an issue with my Windows needing re-programming. It's time to take it to the dealer to get THAT issue fixed as well.

67 Convertible 11-02-2009 10:25 AM

Just to update. Went out from work on the same afternoon and the window worked fine (had to reprogram again) but there was power to the switch. It rained heavily on the day it stopped working and the sun was shining bright on the day it started working again. Maybe moisture inside the door effecting the switch? Working fine for the last few days without dealer intervention....

VegasSS 11-14-2009 04:47 PM

I have had several drivers window indexing failures. Doesn't go down when I open or back up when I close the door. It gives me the reset notice which seems to fix the problem. Occasionally though when I get the notice I will try to reset and the window switch will be dead. I turn the key on and off a few times or start and stop the engine a few times depending on what seems to work that day. Eventually the window switch starts to work and then I can reset the window. After that all is fine until the next episode.

I have notified my dealer but they have no idea what it might be and it never happens when I am at the dealer. I don't want my door to be the first one they tear apart so I am just living with the problem for now.

PM me if you or your dealer figure anything out.

TitanTerry 11-18-2009 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasSS (Post 1173373)
I have had several drivers window indexing failures. Doesn't go down when I open or back up when I close the door. It gives me the reset notice which seems to fix the problem. Occasionally though when I get the notice I will try to reset and the window switch will be dead. I turn the key on and off a few times or start and stop the engine a few times depending on what seems to work that day. Eventually the window switch starts to work and then I can reset the window. After that all is fine until the next episode.

I have notified my dealer but they have no idea what it might be and it never happens when I am at the dealer. I don't want my door to be the first one they tear apart so I am just living with the problem for now.

PM me if you or your dealer figure anything out.

I am having the same problem. Went to the dealer last week and they gave me a copy of a GM service bulletin that essentally says: This "may" be caused by the progamming in the motor/module assembly. Then they go on to tell you to re-index it. Well I tried all that and still have the problem identical to the ones outlined in several of these posts. The dealer said for me to come back in this morning and they will reprogam it. I do not get a warm fuzzy on this one. The bulletin also says for the dealer to NOT replace any parts at this time.
It goes on to say: "A revised programming is coming for the door glass motor. Do not replace any parts. A bulletin will be released when the fix becomes available. As a temporay fix, please demonstrate to the customer how to normalize the windows per the owner's manul procedure."
The bulletin # is: #PIC5264 (October 20, 2009), Document I.D. 2362932. It has been a month and they still do not have a fix. This is a most annoying problem because it happens everytime I get in an out of my car and half the time I can not even lock the car because it won't let me with the door not closed properly. And the last time it happened the window would not even go back up. Fortunately it was not raining... and when it does go back up it only goes up an inch at a time, then I have to repeat until it finally is closed. This sucks!

I will update this post when I get back from the dealer this morning... hour drive!

TitanTerry 11-19-2009 04:48 AM

After a one hour drive and hour and a half wait... They said they called Chevy Quality control. Chevy quaulity control said they know of the problem and do not have a fix to date. They did assign me a Case# so that my problem will be tracked, and "when there is" a fix I will be notified to come in. Until then I will have to live witht the problem and try and not use my window. I told them don't worry about that, I can't it won't work!
The problem code GM assigned this problem is: U0198