Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Ipod connection issue (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216680)

noisemker 04-15-2012 02:09 PM

Ipod connection issue

I'm have a problem with my Ipod not always connecting to the car, I know its not a Ipod issue because this is the second one with the same issue, its been on going since almost new. Also when it does connect it wont stay on the song that I left it on it will start at the top of the playlist. I know it doesnt sound like much but it can become very annoying. Anyone else have this issue or advice on fixing this?

Cam2011 04-15-2012 02:39 PM

I have the same problem with my iPhone 4, basically I plug it into the USB and it recognizes it and displays "indexing" with a 00:00 counter that never starts to count, then the Iphone screen displays device not supported. This is from what I gather an IOS5 issue, but when I called Apple they had me do a hard reset on the iPhone (no data lost) and it worked like a charm. I do need to get into the dealer for a software upgrade to my PDIM, hopefully that will solve this issue.

Note: when I use my regular iPod or iTouch there are no issues whatsoever.

noisemker 04-15-2012 04:03 PM

how would you know if you need a software update on your car?

Pur3vil 04-15-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisemker (Post 4809795)
how would you know if you need a software update on your car?

You would know by looking at the version of yours (hold down menu button with something plugged into usb) and if it is less than the latest version from the giant pdim thread (DB/DD I think) then you probably need the update.

Iwantone2 04-16-2012 01:26 PM

noisemker, what kind of iPod do you have?

I have an iPod Touch, still running OS 2.something. It sometimes does freeze up, but I am still running the old software version of the PDIM. I've been very hesitant to update the software on the iPod Touch because of compatibility issues...

noisemker 04-22-2012 02:21 PM

im not sure of the exact kind its just a smaller one nothing special but its the second ipod its had issues with, and sometimes rarely it wont connect to my iphone but that doesnt happen much

B@tman 04-26-2012 04:56 PM

I read that there's an issue with iOS4 and upgrading to 5 can help, also a hard reset can reestablish the hardware's handshake procedure. I didn't know about updating the cars software but I'll look into that during the weekend.

nightshift 05-01-2012 02:55 PM

Try swapping out the cords. I had an issue with mine connecting and staying connected. Turned out it was the cord.