Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   IPS LFX TWIN TURBO 570 HP...$6300.00 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319769)

Blu Ray 09-24-2013 07:46 PM

IPS LFX TWIN TURBO 570 HP...$6300.00

6 Attachment(s)
Need advise, has anyone ever heard of IPS?? Whats there reputation opinions?

IPS 2012 Camaro V6 (LFX) Twin-turbo Kit: The BEST components. The BEST results. Period.

Our highly anticipated turbo kit for the 2012+ V6 Camaro is here! There is no other kit available for your Camaro that makes the numbers ours does on a stock LFX and pump gas — 460 rwhp and 443 ft/lbs of torque !! That is 575 HP at the engine, almost DOUBLE the factory output from a truly bolt-on turbo kit.

The incredible power gains come from using nothing but the best components in our kit. We have tested many many different turbos and turbo combinations over the last few years with different GM Corvettes and Camaros and have applied what has worked best to the new LFX Camaro. No expense was spared in R&D and we are proud to not just build the entire kit inside our 4 walls, but that we have managed to source 99% of the kit’s components from USA-made sources. MADE IN THE USA!!!

This kit is our "Entry Level" turbo kit. This is still uses quality components like Garrett turbos, TiaL wastegates and BOV, Fragola lines. It uses T3/T4 60 trim turbos. Older technology, but still Garrett quality!

A break-down of the BASE twin-turbo kit components are as follows:

2x Garrett GT28 Journal Bearing Turbos
2 x IPS TIG-welded 304 Stainless-steel Mid Pipes
2 x IPS 2.5” TIG-welded 304 Stainless-steel Downpipes
2 x ATP Internal Wastegates
1 x TiaL “Q” Blow-off Valve (Info here)
1 ื 3” Aluminum Bar & Plate FMIC Core
1 x IPS Aluminum Intercooler Deflector Shield
1 x Oil Return Pump & Bracket
IPS Oil Feed & Return Line Kit featuring Fragola “Soft” Nylon Braided Hose & Black Fittings
IPS Sport Crimp Lines & Fittings. These are Mandated in Top-Fuel Racing for the absolute best in quality. No cheap China-bay Fittings Here!
IPS 3” 6061 Aluminum Intercooler Tubing for lighter weight and better heat dispersion
IPS 3” 6061 Aluminum Charge-pipe
K&N Filters
IPS Lower Skid-plate
Windshield Washer Bottle & Accessories
Polished Oil Cap w/oil return
Retains Factory Engine Cover
RX Dual Check Valve Catch Can Setup
We want to make driving and racing a turbo-charged Camaro available to everyone, and the new kit we put together follows the same philosophy that has put IPS at the forefront of high performance motorsports for so many years.

Juan8463 10-09-2013 04:09 PM

Would this kit be recommended for a daily driver?? And would it have any effect on the mpg?

45thCamaro 10-09-2013 04:25 PM

If money wasn't a problem I would try to buy this. I'm interested in seeing who the first person is to do it, and see their response on it.

Idk where I read this but someone was questioning this kit not requiring to upgrade the fuel pump.

GretchenGotGrowl 10-09-2013 04:48 PM

HP Turbine has this kit (he was the prototype). PM him or post on the link below.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308593

Can't_C_Me 10-09-2013 06:40 PM

IPS has build some of the baddest V6 Camaro's on the streets since 2011. All their work is documented here on the forums. Hands down the best turbo kits made for the V6.

JohnnyBfromPeoria 10-09-2013 06:54 PM

Who makes the intercooler? I see mention of the intercooler piping, but not the radiator itself.

The T3/T4 is indeed a tried and true unit. You can buy rebuild kits for those things all over the place. That's the unit I would upgrade my '87 Dodge Raider with if I ever felt the need.

John B.

HP Turbine 10-09-2013 07:28 PM

hi, that would be my car. I use it as a daily driver and love it. I'm constantly playing around in it and i'll get 20 mpg. but just light driving I can do 25 mpg or better.
johnny I believe they made the intercooler from a core. I haven't found any name brand markings on it yet.

JohnnyBfromPeoria 10-09-2013 08:18 PM

On my 285 mile drive to Las Vegas the day before yesterday I got 30.5 average MPG, per the DIC. And that's not a straight and level drive, either. Gotta love forced induction that's on when you want it and laying in wait when you don't, huh?

John B.

45thCamaro 10-09-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HP Turbine (Post 7079658)
hi, that would be my car. I use it as a daily driver and love it. I'm constantly playing around in it and i'll get 20 mpg. but just light driving I can do 25 mpg or better.
johnny I believe they made the intercooler from a core. I haven't found any name brand markings on it yet.

Any video of this thing running?

lscamaro 10-09-2013 10:46 PM

Take a look at his build thread a few videos in there. I believe one video in page 7 and a few in page 8

TwentyTen2SSRS 10-09-2013 11:39 PM

How much is this setup? What does it push in HP?

JohnnyBfromPeoria 10-10-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS (Post 7080426)
How much is this setup? What does it push in HP?

May I refer you to the title of this thread to answer your questions?

John B.

HP Turbine 10-10-2013 06:46 AM

The 25 mpg is combined city/highway. I used to average 26 mpg city/ highway. I'm sure if I sat on the highway for a while I could do 30

tabshire95 10-10-2013 06:53 AM

This is actually a really good pricing for a twin if i'm not mistaken. I would love for someone to jump on this and get it, shame I don't have near the funds for this. I feel like a twin turbo, or even a turbo, is just so far out of my bank accounts mind right now =(.