Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Exterior Parts & Accessories (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   CFD Billet Strut Covers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156348)

CFD 07-03-2011 06:16 AM

CFD Billet Strut Covers & Fluid Cap Covers

2 Attachment(s)
Hi All, I have been working on some new parts for my Camaro and will be offering them soon. First off are Billet aluminum strut covers. Machined from 6061 aluminum and polished to a mirror like finish. These covers install in seconds and WILL NOT bang and chip the strut towers as man others do. Most covers in an attempt to fill the gap below the upper bushing do not allow clearence when the suspension is unloaded causing them to clunk and chip the paint. These covers are a clean simple alternative to those already being offered. I expect to have a few sets read for shipment by weeks end for anone interested.

The prices for the covers are

$69.95 (standard)

$74.95 powdercoated

$89.95 (with LED'S)

To compliment the Billet Strut Covers I am also introducing Billet Fluid Cap Covers. I have a few sets in stock ready to finish. I have not pinned down the final cost yet as I'm still cleaning up the programs to reduce machine time but as usual they will be very reasonable and I will be offering an introductory sale on them.

gatorlover 07-03-2011 07:42 AM

I'm interested in these. Can you pm me a price shipped to 32257?

Hutch52 07-03-2011 11:04 AM

Do they come with SS on them, and Black

PAUL SS 07-03-2011 11:53 AM

Those are nice George, I have been looking for covers like that. How do they attach, like the black caps that come from the factory?

CFD 07-03-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hutch52 (Post 3418350)
Do they come with SS on them, and Black

Hi, they do not come engraved. Black powdercoating would be possible.

CFD 07-03-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL SS (Post 3418486)
Those are nice George, I have been looking for covers like that. How do they attach, like the black caps that come from the factory?

Hi Paul, yes they attach the same way. Rather than the use of adhesives or set screws the inside is threaded, just remove the factory caps and screw them on.

CFD 07-05-2011 10:55 AM

Hi , I have a few sets of strut covers completed and ready for shipping, more will follow as soon as my stock order comes in. If anyone's ready send me a pm and I will hook you up, thanks, George

CFD 07-24-2011 07:13 AM

With several sets installed and a set on a convertable no banging issues or interference with the factory strut tower brace. The OD on some other manufacturers are a bit large and will contact the factory brace on the Vert, no issues with these. As soon as I slow down a bit will be working on matching filler caps, I'll keep everyone posted on progress.

dragom 07-24-2011 08:17 AM

how much??

CFD 07-24-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragom (Post 3512952)
how much??

PM sent

dmullen 07-24-2011 12:38 PM

PM price for black powder coated...thanks

CFD 07-24-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmullen (Post 3513604)
PM price for black powder coated...thanks

PM sent

Camarowguy 07-24-2011 01:28 PM

While they are nice, in my opinion, they are too plain. Can you cut a divit inbeteeen the outer edge and the center? Maybe like that and add five large flutes. Just some ideas. Not knocking you by any means, just think they need a little more character. Flat black powder coat would probably look good too.

CFD 07-24-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camarowguy (Post 3513743)
While they are nice, in my opinion, they are too plain. Can you cut a divit inbeteeen the outer edge and the center? Maybe like that and add five large flutes. Just some ideas. Not knocking you by any means, just think they need a little more character. Flat black powder coat would probably look good too.

Although I could make them more "fancy" my thoughts are they should clean up the strut towers but not draw attention away from the engine or other componenets. I prefer clean and simple. Powdercoating in flat black or other colors are an option but perhaps I'll give it some thought again, but not much LOL.