Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Boost Solenoid Question (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276743)

GretchenGotGrowl 02-12-2013 12:52 PM

Boost Solenoid Question

For all you turbo experts, I've got a question. The EFRs I have can each have a solenoid attached directly to the turbo. My AEM boost controller comes with a single solenoid. If I put a Borg-Warner solenoid on each turbo I should improve response time dramatically (cut down on spikes), but I can't figure out how this would affect the controller. Surely there is a change in resistance or voltage that I would need to account for somehow. Anyone have any ideas?

Can't_C_Me 02-12-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl (Post 6151815)
For all you turbo experts, I've got a question. The EFRs I have can each have a solenoid attached directly to the turbo. My AEM boost controller comes with a single solenoid. If I put a Borg-Warner solenoid on each turbo I should improve response time dramatically (cut down on spikes), but I can't figure out how this would affect the controller. Surely there is a change in resistance or voltage that I would need to account for somehow. Anyone have any ideas?

To be safe I would add another boost gauge and run one for each turbo. I'm assuming yours one is split into both turbos right? Where does yours have the adaptor at on the turbos?

GretchenGotGrowl 02-12-2013 01:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me (Post 6151953)
To be safe I would add another boost gauge and run one for each turbo. I'm assuming yours one is split into both turbos right? Where does yours have the adaptor at on the turbos?

My current setup has it mounted on the bracket where the original washer bottle was mounted. The EFRs have a solenoid that mounts right on the turbo.

Attachment 472498

Can't_C_Me 02-12-2013 02:01 PM

Look and see if adding another gauge would help. Or if they sell some that supports 2 solenoids. I'm also assuming you tried just using a "T or Y" fitting to split off the hose to the one gauge you have.

GretchenGotGrowl 02-13-2013 09:03 AM

Don't want to run two boost gauges. There may be a way to rig it so you only need one (ideal because I don't have to change out my current gauge), and there are some that support two solenoids. Aaron sent me a document I'm trying to get through that shows one that supports both a single or dual. Haven't finished reading it, but it looks like the same gauge so that may indicate it is how you run the tubing. The question is, do I tie the two reference tubes together with a "T" or the two waste gate actuators? So far, I haven't found the diagram that shows that.

Can't_C_Me 02-13-2013 09:53 AM

I wouldn't see why a "T" wouldn't work. I am running waste-gate pressure now but when I wasn't just like your old set up. I was using a "T" out of the solenoid to each waste-gate. Should still be the same concept just that your running the hose from the gauge to a "T" into 2 solenoids. But I do see your frustration in trying to figure this out. I'm on the hunt for this answer now also lmao!

:drinking: