Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gosh, I hate those HATERS (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85503)

jagan323 05-25-2010 02:32 AM

Gosh, I hate those HATERS

Hi Guys,

Man, sometimes I can't stand being asian. Because most of my friends are asians... and they are under the assumption that American cars are crappy cars. Sigh... I've posted before about my friends being dumb and narrow minded. But yeah, I was just ticked off, had to vent lol. Not like this would really help much... but yeah.

Quote from him, "Domestic car?........ Really?"

Funny, when I went to this autoshow, all the asians were surrounding the imports, BMW, Mercedes... I was the only asian interested in American cars LOL. Ridiculous. But honestly, i think i'm the black sheep for both sides. It's weird for a 5'6" asian to drive an american pony i'll admit, but I love it, don't think i would drive anything else =p

LazyYoYo 05-25-2010 02:38 AM

the import/domestic fight.... always a good time. Of course domestic is better:chevy::headbang:

1976Bee 05-25-2010 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyYoYo (Post 1900423)
the import/domestic fight.... always a good time. Of course domestic is better:chevy::headbang:

Domestic FTW!!!

8kids2hummers1camaro 05-25-2010 02:43 AM

Is a bit weird, but even here in the midwest I see lots of asian's in BMW's...or souped up "street racer" style cars. Not sure the appeal and how it connects to ethnic background, but sure there is something to it.

But as a person is has always gone against the grain just a bit, since I choose to drive what I like, I say "you drive what you enjoy"...life is too short not to enjoy the "ride".

My neighbor is trying to lessen his "carbon" stamp by using "green" cars, and a battery powered mower....while I sit an H2, H3 with a V8 under the hood, and my 2SS manual in the driveway along with my eight kids.....seems I'm committed to making sure my carbon stamp is big and leaves an impression.....My wife and I just believe in driving what you like (we've both had some rough times and know that life can be taken away just like that).

BE UNIQUE!!!! Drive whatever you personally enjoy driving and who cares what other's think!!!!

Revo1 05-25-2010 03:18 AM

Dude, if you love it, who cares. The fact that you have the balls to think outside the box and defy the status quo is rocknroll in itself. Don't worry about those guys. They're just afraid that if they try it, they might like it :headbang:

HDDAN 05-25-2010 06:25 AM

After 9/11/01 a friend of mine with a foreign car asked me where my flag decal was. I explained to him that I did not need a flag decal and walked him to the front of my black 1998 Z-28 and showed him the red, white and blue crest on the front facia. You will never need to feel embarassed by having an American car. The Camaros have been imports since the beginning of gen 4 anyways. Canada is not the U.S. of A., however, the money goes to GM in detroit who provides jobs for many Americans. The Asian car companies send the money back to Asia. I am of Irish decent, but I am an American, therefore, even if they started building cars in Ireland, I would still buy American. I earn my living here and I will spend my money here. Besides, what Asian company makes anything like our Camaros, Corvettes, Mustangs and Challengers?

2001ragtop 05-25-2010 07:01 AM

There is no substitute for making decisions in life without looking for ANYONE'S approval.
Well done.

(as long as it's not illegal and you are not hurting anyone of course.)

CloudXTC 05-25-2010 07:05 AM

its good to be different... ull get all the girls... dont worry... take it easy

motorhead 05-25-2010 07:17 AM

Sounds like you need some new friends.

Hicompression 05-25-2010 07:18 AM

Sangyup Lee

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagan323 (Post 1900420)
Hi Guys,

Man, sometimes I can't stand being asian.

You do know that the Chief designer of the new Camaro is asian...right? His name is Sangyup Lee. Google it.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-conte...lee-camaro.jpg

Deemos 05-25-2010 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagan323 (Post 1900420)
Hi Guys,

Man, sometimes I can't stand being asian. Because most of my friends are asians... and they are under the assumption that American cars are crappy cars. Sigh... I've posted before about my friends being dumb and narrow minded. But yeah, I was just ticked off, had to vent lol. Not like this would really help much... but yeah.

Quote from him, "Domestic car?........ Really?"

Funny, when I went to this autoshow, all the asians were surrounding the imports, BMW, Mercedes... I was the only asian interested in American cars LOL. Ridiculous. But honestly, i think i'm the black sheep for both sides. It's weird for a 5'6" asian to drive an american pony i'll admit, but I love it, don't think i would drive anything else =p

Lol. I got the same thing from my mom. She thinks only Japanese vehicles will last and was worried that I'd be that poor guy at the side of the road broken down. I'm also like you in that I had quite a few friends who only like imports and frown upon anything American. I'm a 5'11" asian and drive a pony. But I'm also a red blooded, .50 cal shooting American as well. The Camaro does not care what ethnicity you are. It accepts everyone. :chevy:

PoorMansCamaro 05-25-2010 07:50 AM

yup, i'm half asian. all my friends were shocked i got an american car. hell, i was as well! lol

Camarofan69 05-25-2010 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyYoYo (Post 1900423)

excpet for beer

danhr 05-25-2010 08:08 AM

i'm asian

i listen to metal and country

i smoke and dip copenhagen

I'm on my 3rd camaro...

Used to have a lifted dodge 3500 common rail cummins truck with some stuff done to it

You think YOU got it bad?