Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Adding Mylink to older gen5 camaro's (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274209)

Eich 04-10-2013 07:04 AM

We need to take up a collection or something to get Ofer some more time to work on this!!

Seriously - this teaser thread that came out on 30 January saying, "Over the next 30 days or so i will try to install a Mylink with the Nav to a 2010 camaro, Vin # 91003359" has us all SALIVATING !!!

Ofer - if there's any shred of progress you can share on some kind of regular basis, it would be much appreciated.

StephenS_84 04-10-2013 04:23 PM

I've given up on this mod. He seems to busy with his website now to actually come out with anymore DIY.

The Stig 04-10-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenS_84 (Post 6408044)
I've given up on this mod. He seems to busy with his website now to actually come out with anymore DIY.

You think he enjoys spending all his time packing and shipping stuff? Trust me, he'd much rather be figuring this DIY out.

StephenS_84 04-11-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6408700)
You think he enjoys spending all his time packing and shipping stuff? Trust me, he'd much rather be figuring this DIY out.

Yes I do. He's making money, so yea he'd much rather do that then work on DIY. If he loved doing the DIY sooo much then he'd hire someone to handle the little website stuff and he'd focus on doing all the DIY to add more things to his website.

I think the guy does great work, and I don't have a problem with what he does. I'm just not holding my breath for this mod.

flopo562 04-11-2013 09:18 AM

How much work offer has provided this community on the past 4 years maybe someone else can step up to the plate and tackle this project. He earned to sit back and reap the rewards of his projects.
I'm just like everyone else I get anxious when I see this thread come back to the top. So who else out there is willing to give this a shot!?? There are enough of us on here with the abilities to do it so let put all our ideas together and make this work!

Swacer 04-11-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenS_84 (Post 6410219)
If he loved doing the DIY sooo much then he'd hire someone to handle the little website stuff and he'd focus on doing all the DIY to add more things to his website.

Comments like yours...are why we can't have nice things and why people like 2SS/RS will not bother to help the community in the future.

Patience is important. If you want to push for it, please, feel free to purchase the parts and tear your dash apart, we'll all love to see your progress.

FLYNNZL1 04-11-2013 10:35 AM

I was at Ofer's house this last Saturday getting my HUD, ABL Dash, and Foot well lighting installed. He showed me a 2013 wiring harness that he bought just so he can figure out how to make a harness for Mylink. He told me he has been so busy making harness's and doing installs, that's right he does tons of installs, that he has not had the time. He said he needs about two uninterrupted days to figure it out, and to see if it is even possible. The good news is, it's getting hot in Havasu, so the installs will not be an issue :) Thank you Ofer for all that you do. :w00t:

2SSRS@Gen5diy 04-11-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenS_84 (Post 6408044)

Dont give up on this one, so you know i have almost $3000 in parts to make it come to life, the last part i orders was the GM tool to program the BCM that is not in the out lay of cash to date.

I hope you can hold out, i did hire a guy to help me out he starts this monday, he needs a week to get up to speed and then he will take some of the work off me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6408700)

But you know its all your fault right,:happy0180: thanks for understanding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenS_84 (Post 6410219)
Yes I do. He's making money, so yea he'd much rather do that then work on DIY. If he loved doing the DIY sooo much then he'd hire someone to handle the little website stuff and he'd focus on doing all the DIY to add more things to his website.

I think the guy does great work, and I don't have a problem with what he does. I'm just not holding my breath for this mod.

I did hire some one that can help in lots of ways, he knows how to run parts house receiving and shipping parts, car parts, and he knows how to run the new programer he worked for the dealer we get all the parts from.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flopo562 (Post 6410808)
How much work offer has provided this community on the past 4 years maybe someone else can step up to the plate and tackle this project. He earned to sit back and reap the rewards of his projects.
I'm just like everyone else I get anxious when I see this thread come back to the top. So who else out there is willing to give this a shot!?? There are enough of us on here with the abilities to do it so let put all our ideas together and make this work!

Thanks guys i want let you down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swacer (Post 6410823)
Comments like yours...are why we can't have nice things and why people like 2SS/RS will not bother to help the community in the future.

Patience is important. If you want to push for it, please, feel free to purchase the parts and tear your dash apart, we'll all love to see your progress.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flynnaz (Post 6411067)
I was at Ofer's house this last Saturday getting my HUD, ABL Dash, and Foot well lighting installed. He showed me a 2013 wiring harness that he bought just so he can figure out how to make a harness for Mylink. He told me he has been so busy making harness's and doing installs, that's right he does tons of installs, that he has not had the time. He said he needs about two uninterrupted days to figure it out, and to see if it is even possible. The good news is, it's getting hot in Havasu, so the installs will not be an issue :) Thank you Ofer for all that you do. :w00t:

And it was nice to meet you and your family.

On monday i drove to LA to deliver car parts for a non member of this site, on the way there i got sick as can be have been out of it for 3 days am now stating to get going i will have all orders out today and Friday, then the new member to gen5diy will be here on monday will start working on getting him up to speed.

fastlane2010 04-11-2013 06:39 PM

What tool did you buy to program the bcm a mdi or the bosch one and how would you program it just asking because I work at a chevy dealer because I want this in my2010 and cant wait so if you need any documents or inside stuff pm me

2SSRS@Gen5diy 04-11-2013 08:05 PM

I ordered the MDI and you can buy a pass from GM for 3 days or a year but that is out of my budget, to get software to install from there site

fastlane2010 04-11-2013 09:34 PM

Well then I have a way to help pm me tomorrow when you have about 20 mins to spare

Tyler360 04-12-2013 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRS (Post 6413323)
I ordered the MDI and you can buy a pass from GM for 3 days or a year but that is out of my budget, to get software to install from there site

What exactly needs to be reprogramed and why? I know its the BCM, but what exactly is that? Is this something we are going to be able to do our selves? And if not how will we get it done? Keep up the great work and thanks!

The Stig 04-12-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler360 (Post 6414465)
What exactly needs to be reprogramed and why? I know its the BCM, but what exactly is that? Is this something we are going to be able to do our selves? And if not how will we get it done? Keep up the great work and thanks!

Worst case scenario is you have to go to the dealer to get it reprogrammed.

DWALEX 04-12-2013 07:18 AM

the new radio needs to be reprogrammed and setup for theft protection with the VIN #