Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   exhaust problems (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293310)

2manytickets_osofun 05-04-2013 03:33 AM

exhaust problems

having some bad reverbitaion while driving my camaro
took a quick video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFGC1S3DmM0

:emoticon1:

any ideas how to fix whould be nice:thanks:

Da Mammer 05-04-2013 03:42 AM

Sounded like mine when I was running headers with high flow cats and stock mufflers. Got rid of the stock mufflers no more rattle can sound. What exhaust you running?

PalmerGA 05-04-2013 08:25 AM

My, that is annoying. Doesn't sound like stock exhaust. Are pipes/mufflers welded on or clamped?

Nice road, btw.

Bcarr 05-04-2013 11:03 PM

That exhaust is definitely hitting something. As "tinny" as that sounds I would believe it is vibrating against a heat shield under the car. If not, it has to be hitting the tunnel brace. I would get under it and find out what it is within 1/8 inch from. It is moving under torque and hitting something.

Good luck!

kc690 05-05-2013 09:22 AM

sound

I had a similar noise about a year ago when accelerating between 1300rmp-2000rpm or so. It sounded like a howl with a metallic buzz mixed in. The exhaust was stock so I took it to the dealership. They said there was a loose baffle in one of the mufflers, which they said has been happening and replaced the exhaust under warranty. It had been that way since I bought the vehicle new in 2009, just thought it was normal until it got louder and louder after 15000 miles or so. Not sure if that is your problem but it might be worth cheking out.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-05-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2manytickets_osofun (Post 6503266)
having some bad reverbitaion while driving my camaro
took a quick video link

:emoticon1:

any ideas how to fix whould be nice:thanks:

Thanks for posting the video,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this concern. Have you been to the dealer for an official diagnosis? I would be happy to schedule an appointment for you! Feel free to private message anytime so I can assist in this matter.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Ohten 05-05-2013 12:35 PM

I got one for you William,why does the bottom of my car looks as if it has been driven through 5 years worth of winter weather.The underside of my new car with only 200 miles looks like a rusty bucket.Exhaust and suspension parts.

2manytickets_osofun 05-26-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 6503634)
My, that is annoying. Doesn't sound like stock exhaust. Are pipes/mufflers welded on or clamped?

Nice road, btw.

its got pacesetter long tube headers, a xpipe i picked up from summit replacing the stock resonator, and flow master 10 series mufflers i mean it sounds nice when im getting on it but cruising it is no fun

i think it might be from the mufflers cause there lil 4in squared with only 1
baffle gona take the axle back off see if that help if so time for better mufflers cause i still need some back pressure

and the road is a lil side road off the pali highway here in oahu
pretty scenic out here just gota go off the beaten path

2manytickets_osofun 05-26-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bcarr (Post 6506076)
That exhaust is definitely hitting something. As "tinny" as that sounds I would believe it is vibrating against a heat shield under the car. If not, it has to be hitting the tunnel brace. I would get under it and find out what it is within 1/8 inch from. It is moving under torque and hitting something.

Good luck!

took it to an exhaust shop here and it was stuck on the brace they tightened it up now its not as bad but still get loud drone round 1800-2000 rpm