Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "depression" doesn't describe this feeling (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31969)

camaro noob 07-11-2009 10:55 PM

"depression" doesn't describe this feeling

So...yeah. Wow. It's been a while since I've been on this site. Lot of stuff has changed in the Camaro world I see.

So basically, I have been following the Camaro since the 5th gen concept was revealed 3-something years ago. And as the production model became more and more of a reality, I began to save up for it. I had everything planned out. 2LT/RS auto RJT with polished wheels and beige interior, spare tire and MAYBE a sunroof, maybe not. I even had the license plate picked out.

But a year and a half ago, I met a girl, and over time fell in love with her. She was my everything. Have you guys ever met a girl that gives you strength and purpose when you need it most and don't know where to get it from? Someone that you're not afraid to show your vulnerabilities and weaknesses to? Well that's who she was for me. I was a 19 year old kid who would imagine spending the rest of my life with her. I really did love her. I still do.

Last fall she was diagnosed with a tumor in her brain. My world fell apart. The surgery was expensive, and her mom couldn't keep up. So I talked with her mom and gave my ENTIRE Camaro savings account to help her pay for the surgery. It really wasn't even a choice, it was just instinct. No regrets. She never knew I did that, and I think her mom respected my wishes and never spoke of it to her. I didn't want her to feel bad about anything. I didn't want her to ever feel like she owed me anything.

With God's blessing, she fully recovered. Our relationship continued to strive, and things were good. I started to rebuild my Camaro savings, I need about 30 grand for my dream car. As of right now, I am only about a little over half way there. Sadly though, I will need a new car this fall because I will be commuting to college and my current vehicle...uh...yeah...won't be able to stand the first day without blowing up spontaneously.

This past 4th of July, I found out that she was cheating on me with a 30-something year old divorced with kids broke and balding guy that she works with. She's 19. I don't really know how long it's been going on, but she was able to dump me and immediately begin dating him.

So. Yeah. The term "depression" doesn't quite fully express how I feel. My world is cold, my life empty. She was my everything, and she crushed me. I've been speaking with a councilor and she has working with me to basically start rebuilding myself. I need to find my own interests back again and follow them. That includes the Camaro.

So, I obviously won't be getting a 2010 model anymore like I wanted. I'm not interested in a convertible, so there really is not up side to this. Except for a few. I know that HUD and park assist are rumored, and white is coming soon, which is puurrrdy. Other then that, are there other things coming to the Camaro that some of you out there are waiting for? If I have to wait, I might as well have another reason to look forward to something.

Sadly I won't be getting a Camaro now for a few years. I need a car now and so I think my parents are going to help me out and get me a used Civic or something. But would any of you know of what might be planned in the Camaro's future? And/or know of where I can get 12 grand? Legally? I'm just a 21 year old kid looking for something to be proud of in life, and except for a future career that I am still working towards and my caring/supportive family, I don't have much else right now. Who knows, maybe the Camaro's future can help build me back up as well as GM too.

MikesZ 07-11-2009 11:00 PM

There will be plenty of Camaros around for years to come, including many pre-owned cars eventually. There will also be a ton of accessories and aftermarket parts to customize as you go.

SSOOCH 07-11-2009 11:01 PM

Cheer up Bro. It's always darkest before the dawn. If life was easy it would be boring. You're young, you'll rebound, I promise. Keep your head up!!

Vash 07-11-2009 11:04 PM

Don't even know what to say man..

Just have to work hard and build your credit and find new love. Like others have said your young.

Here is a fitting song that's oh so true...

TheNetGarage 07-11-2009 11:05 PM

People Suck.............. I have been there my friend. Keep your head up and go after your own dreams. Like me, you sound like someone who gives themselves fully to their partners. Well, I will reserve the best parts of me for me, from now on and enjoy my life. TRUST ME, it will seem like it is never going to get better, but years from now you will look back at what happened and see it was for a reason.

Keep your head up and keep saving for that car, you WILL GET IT! :thumbsup:

Blownhotrodder 07-11-2009 11:06 PM

Plenty of girls and cars to go around. Dont worry there will be another of each again.

Quackaddict 07-11-2009 11:07 PM

Be glad your young. I would buy something to "get through" college. You don't want a bright shiny new car for college just get your degree. Then when you start your new career you will have your car. I imagine about then you will be getting one with all the bugs worked out.

One the girl front. She is young so she is going to make decisions that probably don't make sense and may be wrong and it may be a long time before she realizes it. Just take away that you did something noble for a person and that makes you sleep well at night. you sound like you have your head on right you will be fine.

CWI 07-11-2009 11:08 PM

You can probably get a good deal on a used LT next year sometime. There will be people that fid out the car just isn't what they were looking for or they will upgrade to SS, who knows. Get something to get by till next year and keep saving, don't ever give up on your dream and don't let a girl stop you. There are plenty of used models around. Cars and girls.

FriedCherry 07-11-2009 11:08 PM

Tell the girl that you saved her life by paying for her treatment and she needs to pay up. If she doesn't, i saw an episode of Judge Judy that was almost exactly this situation and the guy was awarded the money because of the cheating.

jdanza 07-11-2009 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro noob (Post 671193)
So...yeah. Wow. It's been a while since I've been on this site. Lot of stuff has changed in the Camaro world I see.

So basically, I have been following the Camaro since the 5th gen concept was revealed 3-something years ago. And as the production model became more and more of a reality, I began to save up for it. I had everything planned out. 2LT/RS auto RJT with polished wheels and beige interior, spare tire and MAYBE a sunroof, maybe not. I even had the license plate picked out.

But a year and a half ago, I met a girl, and over time fell in love with her. She was my everything. Have you guys ever met a girl that gives you strength and purpose when you need it most and don't know where to get it from? Someone that you're not afraid to show your vulnerabilities and weaknesses to? Well that's who she was for me. I was a 19 year old kid who would imagine spending the rest of my life with her. I really did love her. I still do.

Last fall she was diagnosed with a tumor in her brain. My world fell apart. The surgery was expensive, and her mom couldn't keep up. So I talked with her mom and gave my ENTIRE Camaro savings account to help her pay for the surgery. It really wasn't even a choice, it was just instinct. No regrets. She never knew I did that, and I think her mom respected my wishes and never spoke of it to her. I didn't want her to feel bad about anything. I didn't want her to ever feel like she owed me anything.

With God's blessing, she fully recovered. Our relationship continued to strive, and things were good. I started to rebuild my Camaro savings, I need about 30 grand for my dream car. As of right now, I am only about a little over half way there. Sadly though, I will need a new car this fall because I will be commuting to college and my current vehicle...uh...yeah...won't be able to stand the first day without blowing up spontaneously.

This past 4th of July, I found out that she was cheating on me with a 30-something year old divorced with kids broke and balding guy that she works with. She's 19. I don't really know how long it's been going on, but she was able to dump me and immediately begin dating him.

So. Yeah. The term "depression" doesn't quite fully express how I feel. My world is cold, my life empty. She was my everything, and she crushed me. I've been speaking with a councilor and she has working with me to basically start rebuilding myself. I need to find my own interests back again and follow them. That includes the Camaro.

So, I obviously won't be getting a 2010 model anymore like I wanted. I'm not interested in a convertible, so there really is not up side to this. Except for a few. I know that HUD and park assist are rumored, and white is coming soon, which is puurrrdy. Other then that, are there other things coming to the Camaro that some of you out there are waiting for? If I have to wait, I might as well have another reason to look forward to something.

Sadly I won't be getting a Camaro now for a few years. I need a car now and so I think my parents are going to help me out and get me a used Civic or something. But would any of you know of what might be planned in the Camaro's future? And/or know of where I can get 12 grand? Legally? I'm just a 21 year old kid looking for something to be proud of in life, and except for a future career that I am still working towards and my caring/supportive family, I don't have much else right now. Who knows, maybe the Camaro's future can help build me back up as well as GM too.

Dude, you did an incredible thing for her. You should still feel good about it no matter what she does. You will be rewarded some day for your actions, just hang in there and you will see. :thumbup:

tommygun6644 07-11-2009 11:14 PM

You COULD sue her for the money-In all honesty, the previous poster is right. A judge might demand she pay up if you present the evidence as you told us. I've seen quite a few situations like this on the TV.

But either way, sorry. At least you found out sooner then later.

FNKNSTN 07-11-2009 11:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't need a girl to give me strength and purpose.

And when you're 19, you need way more than just one girl to keep you busy.

If you were 25-30 years old, had a savings for a new Camaro, and a nice young 19 year old girl entertaining you... it would have all turned out differently for you.

http://www.myspace.com/tomleykis

tommygun6644 07-11-2009 11:15 PM

Or you could sell your story to Lifetime.

Just trying to cheer you up =\

amyroxs 07-11-2009 11:15 PM

Awe, im sorry. But you seem like an awesome person and you will find a woman out there that will treat you the way you should be treated :) Keep your chin up, you'll get that camaro just stay positive