Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   4th Generation Camaros (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Need Serious Advice (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299919)

73camarolt 06-04-2013 09:06 PM

Need Serious Advice

Alright well I am planning on selling my car right now. Not because I cant afford it or tickets or anything. I am looking to buy another one. Back in 2002 my dad bought a Sunset Orange Metallic SS vert 6 speed. He sold it in 2007 or 08, to a doctor in South Carolina. Well guess what, I found it! Car only has 58k miles, about the same as mine, basic bolt ons, gmmg, Blackwing lid, and is getting a brand new clutch as we speak.

Now here is my dilemma. My dad is on board with me, he missed that car and would love for me to have it back. But at the same time I am giving up my first car. Granted I have a lot of memories in that vert as I remember it a lot, but still a mans first car. Right now, I am leaning heavily to the side of the vert for the past, rarity and the pure sex appeal of SOM vert haha. What do you all think? My car is pretty stock as well so wont be hard to sell.

It will still be a DD, it will probably get more SLP options then aftermarket mods, aka CME, etc... I would love to have this car but at the same time I feel bad DDing a vert and modding the crap out of a SOM vert. But being able to bring back a car that not only did my dad buy new, that I grew up in and having many fond memories of. I remember day 1, suprising me by bringing it home on a cold ass night.

13FastBlkSS 06-04-2013 09:10 PM

I would say go for it! Especially since it seems you and your dad have such a sentimental attachment to the car...

73camarolt 06-04-2013 09:38 PM

Yes we really do. When I told my dad I found the car he jumped out of bed and ran down stairs haha. Hopefully if I do buy this car I will have it by the end of June, early July.

steveo9043 06-04-2013 09:46 PM

I'd say go for it! But buy a beater for a daily driver. Keep that car for the rest of your life and hand it down to your son/daughter someday.

I have been searching for my dads Monte Carlo or his old bronco.

73camarolt 06-04-2013 09:48 PM

Not sure i can afford a beater now. I'm 18, living at home starting at local community college. My mom would freak if we added another car hahaa

steveo9043 06-04-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 73camarolt (Post 6630304)
Not sure i can afford a beater now. I'm 18, living at home starting at local community college. My mom would freak if we added another car hahaa

I'm just a few years older then you. Mom drives my daily all the time to save miles on her lease.

73camarolt 06-04-2013 10:27 PM

We will see. But either way I'm gonna try and get this car haha.

HeavyArms SS 06-05-2013 12:16 AM

I'd buy the SOM SS just because of the nostalgia factor, also SOM cars are gorgeous(I'm searching for one now myself). I remember riding around in my Dad's 1967 and 1970 Vettes and he sold them years ago. I would love to find them again and buy them just from all the memories I have in them. Go for it!

insidethreat07 06-05-2013 01:05 AM

What you looking to get out of your SS? Ive been interested in a SS/WS6

dmginc 06-05-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidethreat07 (Post 6630981)
What you looking to get out of your SS? Ive been interested in a SS/WS6

you want a WS6 :D

demonspeed 06-05-2013 08:37 AM

I'd also do the swap as well. However, if your dad is as excited about it as he seems... maybe convince him to just buy it back and you keep your car as a DD :D

73camarolt 06-05-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonspeed (Post 6631631)
I'd also do the swap as well. However, if your dad is as excited about it as he seems... maybe convince him to just buy it back and you keep your car as a DD :D

Already tried :mad0259:But our driveway is already full with his 3 cars, mine and my moms. Its either sell mine or don't get it at all. I was talking to him about it and he seems on the fence about buying it back. He doesn't want me selling my car as I just bought it a year and a half ago. But this is really a once in a lifetime chance. I am getting this SOM for less then I paid for my car. Plus how often do you find the one your dad bought new?

73camarolt 06-05-2013 08:48 PM

Well this car may not be the right car for me. Seems that the owner gave it a pretty hard life. Has/had top problems, currently has speaker and gauge cluster problems. He kept saying the motor is great blah blah which had me worried just from the number of mentions. He told me some stories about it and seems it may not be what I want back. I remember that car being garage kept, factory fresh. Not needing the front bumper painted and all those issues.

dorfmac 06-05-2013 09:20 PM

If you want some nostalgia I've got a 69 Vette I could sell ya....