Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Official GM preproduction photo... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4035)

coolcamaroZ28 05-06-2008 08:39 PM

Official GM preproduction photo (4th gen)...

1 Attachment(s)
...of the 4th gen! As you can see, there are minor but noticable differences between this rendering and the final product, particularly in the front end (smaller parking lights, hood meets front facia much lower than on production model, flat hood...) This should clear up the fact that there is always time for last minute changes and we shouldn't pass judgement on the 5th gen till we see the final product (I love it no matter what it ends up looking like). Came across it and just thought I'd share...

BumbleBee 05-06-2008 10:00 PM

that was mean... :D

:coolpics:

SSNIGHTMARE 05-06-2008 10:03 PM

Not only was this the dumbest thread I have ever opened, it is also the gayest picture I have ever seen

Omega94 05-06-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSNIGHTMARE (Post 67998)
Not only was this the dumbest thread I have ever opened, it is also the gayest picture I have ever seen

Assuming that the picture is real...

That's a little harsh...and how do you figure it's the gayest picture you've ever seen?? I'd say it's relevant. He was just trying to point out that things can change from pre-pro to production. We can also take comfort in the fact that the 4th Gen was very similar to that pre-pro version of the 4th Gen. THAT picture signifies the beginning of what YOUR '02 SS became...so again, how do you figure that that picture is the gayest you've ever seen??

fbodfather 05-06-2008 10:38 PM

That is, indeed, a real picture -- taken on the 'patio' at the GM Design Dome. (much history on that patio!)

Yes -- there are changes up to when we go into regular production.....as we are constantly refining........

MerF 05-06-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Edited for manners.

Just don't be an ass, the thread had some true relevance.

Camaro_Corvette 05-06-2008 11:12 PM

Good post, it shows how much things can change no matter how close you are to the FINAL PRODUCT...Do not just base the camaro on only what you have seen so far. subtle changes here or there can always happen. keep the faith

Quote:

seriously, did you not understand his point?

KILLER74Z28 05-07-2008 01:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerF (Post 68022)
Edited for manners.

Just don't be an ass, the thread had some true relevance.

:character0229: Play nice… Don’t make me use this… :paddle: :thumbsup:

stovt001 05-07-2008 02:39 AM

Very good point. It is so easy to think so many things are finalized when they are not.

And SSNightmare, you're a *bleep*.

Supermans 05-07-2008 05:31 AM

Well, if the car looks 95% like the Bumblebee Camaro in the Transformers movie.. (larger mirrors and taller roof are the 5%) Especially the colors, then we are in for one hell of a car...

Camaro Lives On 05-07-2008 05:50 AM

That is pretty sweet looking for a pre-pro, just like the new pre-pro. Going by that pic, it makes me look forward to Indy more and more!!! :)

And SSNightmare, that was really uncalled for dude, and mega-uncool!

radz28 05-07-2008 09:52 AM

LOL; you're a d-bag for teasing like that. Good one :D This is egregious and I'd come at you like a spiker monkey if you were in front of me. I might even go ape sh*t on your @$$. I'd also scissor kick you in the back of the head.

The_Blur 05-07-2008 10:19 AM

:bangdesk: I expected a new one. You made me very excited for a moment. You better hide before my Suburbans arrive. :suburban:

TAG UR IT 05-07-2008 11:14 AM

Woah! You got me there!

This is a great post in how it shows last minute changes are easily made....just like Scott and a couple others said.

Now, I wonder if they'll do anything about the lines on the rear of the vehicle on the bumper....kinda between the brake lights where the rear deck lid closes to the top part of the bumper. Need to see an updated pic, but it gave me the impression that gap was a wee bit too large.