Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Military Sales? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7402)

PREDATOR 10-01-2008 02:50 PM

Military Sales?

Hello, just wondering if there is any military sales programs going on for the Camaro? I haven't really searched it all that much, but figured I would ask.

I'm currently deployed in Iraq and the AAFES out here has sales with Ford and Dodge, of course. Where the Mustangs and Challengers are way below MSRP for us.

Too bad I don't like them or else I would snag one up.

Anyways, any help is appreciated.

This car is bad ass! I might be bias though, since a 68 Camaro was my first car :happyanim:

:flag2:

bigwayne3000 10-01-2008 02:55 PM

Hey man. I'm in the military myself, Reservist in the Marine Corps. GM does have a Military Discount Program which you can find at www.gmmilitarydiscount.com but it doesn't list any info about the discounts on the Camaro. Presumably because it's not out yet. So I'd recommend continuing to monitor that site I gave you till GM finally sends out the pricing and info for these cars. Stay safe out there!

PREDATOR 10-01-2008 03:00 PM

Awesome! Thank You!

I hope it's as good as the Challenger out here. They are offering it $4K below MSRP! Compare that to the stateside dealers marking up the cars, and your saving yourself $7-8K... it's insane!

ShnOmac 10-01-2008 04:23 PM

Hmmmm I wonder when their gonna ad the camaro to this??? Just built a z06 for kicks and it came out about 8000 under msrp! swwweeet!

SimC33 10-01-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shnomac77 (Post 143425)
Hmmmm I wonder when their gonna ad the camaro to this??? Just built a z06 for kicks and it came out about 8000 under msrp! swwweeet!

Screw the new Camaro get that Z06!!! lol...

On another note...I hope they do add the camaro onto the military sales...My father is in the military and is stationed in Curacao right now for two years and has been away from me and my mother for 5 years due to deployment, and he wants a new camaro as well and I believe all military personnel fighting for us deserve respect and honor. Stay safe Predator and thank you!

13F20 10-01-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 (Post 143309)
Hey man. I'm in the military myself, Reservist in the Marine Corps. GM does have a Military Discount Program which you can find at www.gmmilitarydiscount.com but it doesn't list any info about the discounts on the Camaro. Presumably because it's not out yet. So I'd recommend continuing to monitor that site I gave you till GM finally sends out the pricing and info for these cars. Stay safe out there!

The last i hurd from GM in reguards to dealing with the millitary, is that the comtract to sell GM pruducts threw AFFES fell threw a few years ago. It had somthing to do with not making the money that way exspected. As far as a discount goes well I am not for shur on that but it does not hurt to look.

KarlChev 10-02-2008 02:21 PM

All Active Duty personel will qualify for Supplier Rate through GM. It is usually around invoice on most vehicles.

radz28 10-02-2008 02:32 PM

WOW! Good news for ya'll and it's well deserved :D

Poundz9oh9 10-02-2008 06:57 PM

Sweet, that's good news. I'm not in the market just yet ... maybe another year or 2, but the Camaro is at the top of my list!

Ry4nVan 10-02-2008 07:21 PM

Is your city location 'Surprise' as in Surprise, AZ? Luke AFB? Just thought I'd ask because that's where I'm at.

I'm military too, and from what I've read and seen, the GM military discount will definitely be in affect.

When it says invoice or suppliers rate. How much does that usually mean? I assume the MSRP is the price that will give the dealership a profit, so does invoice and supplier rate mean the amount the car is worth without all of the profit added on?

In other words- about how much does this usually save us military folks?

KarlChev 10-02-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ry4nVan (Post 144943)
Is your city location 'Surprise' as in Surprise, AZ? Luke AFB? Just thought I'd ask because that's where I'm at.

I'm military too, and from what I've read and seen, the GM military discount will definitely be in affect.

When it says invoice or suppliers rate. How much does that usually mean? I assume the MSRP is the price that will give the dealership a profit, so does invoice and supplier rate mean the amount the car is worth without all of the profit added on?

In other words- about how much does this usually save us military folks?

I'm not going to get into the dealer profit angle. A dealer can sell at "invoice" and still make money.

As far as your discount, lets use an Impala SS that I have on the lot as an example. MSRP is $33,465. It is loaded with sunroof and upgraded stereo. Supplier (millitary) discount would be $31,935, at savings of a little more than $1500. Invoice for that car is $32,052

I hope that helps. I would imagine that there will be $1000-$1,250 savings in the V6's and around $1,500-$2,000 in the SS.

As a former SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape) Instructor, I thank you for your service and if you need anything, feel free to look me up. I'll make sure that you get treated right.

GTAHVIT 10-02-2008 08:19 PM

^"Grab Rags pig dog."

Chewy 10-02-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlChev (Post 144980)
As a former SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape) Instructor, ...... I'll make sure that you get treated right.

:bellyroll: i've been to SERE, i just couldn't help but laugh when i read that lol!

did you instruct @ san diego or maine?

Ry4nVan 10-02-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlChev (Post 144980)
I'm not going to get into the dealer profit angle. A dealer can sell at "invoice" and still make money.

As far as your discount, lets use an Impala SS that I have on the lot as an example. MSRP is $33,465. It is loaded with sunroof and upgraded stereo. Supplier (millitary) discount would be $31,935, at savings of a little more than $1500. Invoice for that car is $32,052

I hope that helps. I would imagine that there will be $1000-$1,250 savings in the V6's and around $1,500-$2,000 in the SS.

As a former SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape) Instructor, I thank you for your service and if you need anything, feel free to look me up. I'll make sure that you get treated right.

awesome information! That helps a lot- Thanks.

SERE? oh-man... how did those Rabbit's taste? lol Good for you being a SERE instructor. That'd be a tough job.