Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2010 Camaro Crash Test results - Full (almost) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35988)

Vizon 03-05-2009 02:27 PM

Camaro Crash Test Rating ?

Been searching everywhere and can't find it.

Currently have an 09 mustang. Will be 17 in May but insurance is a killer already.

Hopefully the rating on this is 5 stars like my stang for a better insurance rate as I do plan on getting one.

Ordering 1SS RS.

CamaroSSforme 03-05-2009 02:27 PM

You won't see those results till much later in production life.

Camaro_Corvette 03-05-2009 02:29 PM

We didn't give up T-tops for nothing! It will come from the factory with a full 5 stars.

Oh, by the way. Welcome:wave: I'm from INDY too!

Found a good thread for ya:thumbsup:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=crash+test

zebra 03-05-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro_corvette (Post 322133)
We didn't give up T-tops for nothing! It will come from the factory with a full 5 stars.

Oh, by the way. Welcome:wave: I'm from INDY too!

Found a good thread for ya:thumbsup:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=crash+test

aahhh... t-tops *sigh*

the designers were saying a while back that 5-star safety ratings across the board were a must. that's another reason the car weighs 3800lbs.

trade-offs are a pain... accelerate & corner a little faster or be more sure you'll live through a crash? decisions, decisions! :laugh:

GoldFire 03-05-2009 04:02 PM

So let me get this right. You are currently 16 years old with a 2009 Mustang and you have an SS/RS Camaro on order. What exactly do your parents do..?

UCF w00t 03-05-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldFire (Post 322309)
So let me get this right. You are currently 16 years old with a 2009 Mustang and you have an SS/RS Camaro on order. What exactly do your parents do..?

And are they ready to adopt?

Vizon 03-05-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldFire (Post 322309)

I am a web developer, I buy, sell, flip and own internet properties. I work for some major companies in NYC and LA.

Thanks for the info everyone.

@camaro_corvette - I am in Greenwood. From your location, we seem close.

VictoryRed08 03-05-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vizon (Post 322331)
I am a web developer, I buy, sell, flip and own internet properties. I work for some major companies in NYC and LA.

Thanks for the info everyone.

O rly? What you deal with? HTML/CSS, PHP, JAVA, Joomla? Or are you a designer?

Vizon 03-05-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryRed08 (Post 322348)
O rly? What you deal with? HTML/CSS, PHP, JAVA, Joomla? Or are you a designer?

http://mcaurie.com - Company I own

We deal with all web development. We do everything you listed above, but not many people request joomla anymore. :sm0:

wavrun2000 03-05-2009 04:21 PM

I only thought you could flip houses, what am i doing wasting my time going to these collage classes.

UCF w00t 03-05-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavrun2000 (Post 322353)
I only thought you could flip houses, what am i doing wasting my time going to these collage classes.

Obviously not learning spelling :laughabove:

rolnslo 03-05-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 322357)

Hey now, maybe he really did mean collage. There's so many uses for it in home decorating that I'm sure you could make a living at it. :sm0:

GoldFire 03-05-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vizon (Post 322352)
http://mcaurie.com - Company I own

We deal with all web development. We do everything you listed above, but not many people request joomla anymore. :sm0:

Ah nice, same as me. I own http://goldfirestudios.com as you might have noticed, I'm 20 now though, started when I was 13 though.

radz28 03-05-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

:sm0:

Eventually try to get back on topic :thumbsup::D:chevy:

wavrun2000 03-05-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

SOB that one gets me every time :mad0260: But yeah i am not very good a spelling.

Camaro_Corvette 03-05-2009 04:49 PM

So yeah the car is as safe as it gets...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vizon (Post 322331)

Awesome. Glad to see another Hoosier on the boards. Especially so close to Indianapolis. :D

Paintcode40 03-05-2009 04:50 PM

Rates

1 Attachment(s)
Good for you Vizon! I was working full time and going to school when I was 15. Had a new Jeep CJ5 and a 1967 Malibu. I had high rates at 16 and they did not drop till I was 25.

:respekt:

Attachment 16633

Vizon 03-05-2009 08:32 PM

Thanks guys. ^

UsedTaHaveA68 03-05-2009 08:39 PM

Dang. Wish I had a special skill at 16 that paid enough to buy a new Camaro!

Unfortunately for you, even with a 5 star crash rating and a huge kevlar inflatable bubble that popped out in the event of a crash that covered your entire car, your insurance rates aren't going to drop much until you're 25. ESPECIALLY not with a 2 door, 430 hp muscle car under your butt. I'd be more worried about keeping your driving record clean til you're 25 to make sure your rates drop as much as possible.

Lucky SOB............ :respekt:

DkknightX 03-05-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vizon (Post 322128)
Been searching everywhere and can't find it.

Currently have an 09 mustang. Will be 17 in May but insurance is a killer already.

Hopefully the rating on this is 5 stars like my stang for a better insurance rate as I do plan on getting one.

Ordering 1SS RS.

Honestly, where do you kids get your money from? Drug money? Can't understand how kids that are 17-20 can afford a $40,000.00 car. Probably a good reason why the country is in the shape it is in. Ninja loans FTL!

spi 03-05-2009 08:51 PM

i'm sorta in the same boat as you vizon but i know my payment on the camaro is going to be $100 on just my camaro

Vizon 03-05-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DkknightX (Post 322889)
Honestly, where do you kids get your money from? Drug money? Can't understand how kids that are 17-20 can afford a $40,000.00 car. Probably a good reason why the country is in the shape it is in. Ninja loans FTL!

Yep, I deal cocaine and meth. :readthethread:

spi 03-05-2009 09:00 PM

or maybe your like me and you work 2 jobs and have worked since u were 9 years old...you save up alot of money in that time frame. plus i now am the owner of what used to be my dads farm so i get all the benefits from taht.

UsedTaHaveA68 03-05-2009 09:02 PM

Dkknight - check this site out!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14547

superstockcam 03-05-2009 09:05 PM

I was 14 when I started upgrading my 69', it was 10. ended up a mid 12 sec. really drivable car after I tore open every knuckle...twice. It will be sweet to get in the 2SS, turn on the heated seat and go!!
Oh ya, Costco insurance is half the cost. "for us anyhow"
________
Chrysler Saratoga Specifications

DkknightX 03-05-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UsedTaHaveA68 (Post 322909)

I understand man, but I worked too damn hard to start my own business from scratch and earn an honest decent living. Free-riders that earn money without much effort or thought seriously aggitates me. Nothing personal, but it is something I have a major problem with.:thumbdown:

Vizon 03-05-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DkknightX (Post 322916)
I understand man, but I worked too damn hard to start my own business from scratch and earn an honest decent living. Free-riders that earn money without much effort or thought seriously aggitates me. Nothing personal, but it is something I have a major problem with.:thumbdown:

You don't think I work hard? Are you serious?

I have pulled over 24 hour days on multiple nights for large projects. If I didn't have NDA's I'd tell you some of the names of my clients. Ha.

rolnslo 03-05-2009 09:17 PM

Jeez, would you two just give it a rest and take this disagreement to the private messages. I could care less about this pi$$ing contest and I'm sure quite a few people would agree.:thumbdown:

DkknightX 03-05-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro_corvette (Post 322931)
Whoa! Check the attitude man!:paddle:

Sorry for the theatrics. I'm just thoroughly annoyed. Had a really rough day today and I know it is no excuse. Hard to accept this kid's situation when I've had no big breaks in my life whatsoever and kids still in high school are enjoying what older people have been working for all our lives. The added insult from this is that they take everything for granted too. The simple fact he is firing back proves his insecurity and immaturity. Guess the same could be said for me but I don't care. Too many great people I respect on this forum to continue this. I'm sorry and will cease and desist.

JMAN311 03-05-2009 09:17 PM

I smell some :sign0052: action. This went pretty far from 5 star safety rating questions to a who is better than who.

spi 03-05-2009 09:18 PM

vizon if your the bigger man like you say you are stop bickering with him like a 5 year old girl seriously its sad. not trying to start anything just trying to make peace.

Camaro_Corvette 03-05-2009 09:24 PM

Five star crash rating

Five star crash rating

Five dollar fooooot looooooooong!

oops...:D

oachalon 03-05-2009 09:26 PM

Guys Guys Guys. We do not need to get into a pissing contest.

People should not get mad at people for being successful, especially in this economy.

Also showing off what you have doesn't mean anything. I am only 23 years old, but I am an electrical engineer and very successful with a good salary. I wear t-shirts and jeans and don't show off anything.

Most people think im just a stupid kid that doesn't have a pot to piss in. That doesn't bother me, and usually gives me a leg up.

Most people that are always showing off what they have are the people with no money saved.

So Vizon and dkknightx you are both inconsiderate.

DkknightX, since someone is young they are not allowed to purchase a camaro. Especially someone as myself who is able to pay their taxes, pay their bills, invest in their 401k and IRA, and is responsible enough to know what they can and can't afford. Cough all the jackasses causing this economic mess Cough. Even though i am 23 i have still worked hard for my education and my career.

Vizon, Even though you are 20, you do not need to be cocky and brag about what you have and saying you see that wallet its gucci. All that is saying you were stupid enough to get into a pissing contest, and that you wasted your money on a wallet. My wallet was $5 and does just as good of a job as yours.

spi 03-05-2009 09:28 PM

Welcome to the site oachalon

Vizon 03-05-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oachalon (Post 322957)
Guys Guys Guys. We do not need to get into a pissing contest.

People should not get mad at people for being successful, especially in this economy.

Also showing off what you have doesn't mean anything. I am only 23 years old, but I am an electrical engineer and very successful with a good salary. I wear t-shirts and jeans and don't show off anything.

Most people think im just a stupid kid that doesn't have a pot to piss in. That doesn't bother me, and usually gives me a leg up.

Most people that are always showing off what they have are the people with no money saved.

So Vizon and dkknightx you are both inconsiderate.

DkknightX, since someone is young they are not allowed to purchase a camaro. Especially someone as myself who is able to pay their taxes, pay their bills, invest in their 401k and IRA, and is responsible enough to know what they can and can't afford. Cough all the jackasses causing this economic mess Cough. Even though i am 23 i have still worked hard for my education and my career.

Vizon, Even though you are 20, you do not need to be cocky and brag about what you have and saying you see that wallet its gucci. All that is saying you were stupid enough to get into a pissing contest, and that you wasted your money on a wallet. My wallet was $5 and does just as good of a job as yours.

Just responding to this and I will be done.

I do have a bank account with some nice figures. I am only 16 (not 20) and some people like nice things. Some say their car does just as good of a job as a Camaro because it gets them from point A to B. How you live your life is your choice. But, because I am young and successful gives him no right to run all over me saying I am a drug dealer (and don't work hard..)

oachalon 03-05-2009 09:37 PM

spi, thanks. I hope to join the rest of you in our pursuit to the camaro...lol.

Vizon, There is nothing wrong with having nice things. I have nice things, but even if people are running all over you, bragging what you have will not help. Thats all i am saying.

I also agree with you that he does not have the right to say what he said. He did apologize so its best to end it. We are all here to discuss about the camaro.

JMAN311 03-05-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spi (Post 322961)
Welcome to the site oachalon

+1

nice to have ya here oachalon

Camaro_Corvette 03-05-2009 09:47 PM

Oachalon welcome man:wave:

Sorry about the :threadjacked:

VJCamaro 03-05-2009 09:50 PM

Is there like 6-8 airbags in our 2010?:iono:

spi 03-05-2009 09:53 PM