Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   FOG LIGHT BEZEL removal? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74684)

SKERIS 04-01-2010 03:28 PM

FOG LIGHT BEZEL removal?

Can someone help me on how to remove the black fog lite bezal...I want to paint them silver...Thanks

RedJewel2SS 04-01-2010 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
from inside the front wheel well, it clips onto the bumper.

you gotta remove those 3 hex screws holding the wheel well to the bumper, then fit your hand in there and push these tabs seen in this pic.

Attachment 108618

its the same procedure as changing out the DRL bulbs you can search to see how it's done.

C4 04-01-2010 04:17 PM

i was looking for something on this today because
i want to paint mine as well. thanks redjewel2ss

SKERIS 04-02-2010 05:21 AM

Thanks for the reply

Steve

CBH 04-04-2010 12:41 AM

Please post pix when you're done. I want to paint my bezels too - same yellow as the car.

Michael_Js 04-04-2010 06:33 PM

I need to remove my DRLs to install the AAC LED HALOs :)

Angrybird 12 04-04-2010 06:41 PM

Masking tape seems much simpiler....

Michael_Js 04-09-2010 06:45 PM

That part is a PITA to remove! You have to keep pressure from the outside as you release each one else they reconnect! Took mine out to remove the DRL housings for the HALO lights. I didn't paint them...

Post #93 http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post1699370

KMPrenger 04-11-2010 07:18 PM

I tried removing the DRL housings from my car today so I could paint them.

Holy smokes,...I didn't even get close to getting one of em removed. I was even able to get underneath the car. (jacked it up a bit) If you can remove these with one hand, well then bravo to you.

Kinda bummed. I really want to do mine in silver, but I don't really want to paint them in place either.

If anyone can recommend some particular tool for these or something that'd be great cuz my fingers and a pair of pliers couldn't do it.

Michael_Js 04-11-2010 11:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yup, again, a PITA! I had my car up on ramps and worked them out. The bottom ones are fairly easy to get out, then I used a trim tool to hold the ring out - from the outside, while I used a small screwdriver to lift the tabs from the inside. It was a lot of work, but I did manage to get both out.

Maybe get someone to help you: they can work outside while you work inside...just a thought.:iono:

KMPrenger 04-12-2010 12:01 AM

Yep, Im thinking having someone on the outside would be a nice help also!

I'm guessing the actual fog light itself just slips out the front when you get the three grey spread tabs squeezed in and pushed forward. Did you just use your fingers for this? One of the three of mine went super easy, and the other two wouldn't really go. Maybe I just need to get a better angle on it or something.

OK thanks for the help!

stand-al0ne 04-12-2010 11:50 AM

thanks for this write up, I am painting mine white soon...

Michael_Js 04-12-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 1707945)
Yep, Im thinking having someone on the outside would be a nice help also!

I'm guessing the actual fog light itself just slips out the front when you get the three grey spread tabs squeezed in and pushed forward. Did you just use your fingers for this? One of the three of mine went super easy, and the other two wouldn't really go. Maybe I just need to get a better angle on it or something.

OK thanks for the help!

Yes, the DRL housing has the 3 pins you must squeeze and push through the front. I used my hands, but I guess you could also gently use a pliers to squeeze the parts together. Everything comes out from the front of the car.

Michael J.

350 HRSS 11-01-2010 08:06 PM

Yall are just awesome!

Just finished the removal of the bezels, and popped in the new ones, took about an hour, but was worth it!

Thanks to C5.com for all the help :)