Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   UPCOMING CAMARO IMPORTANT DATES (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5346)

GTAHVIT 08-25-2008 02:17 PM

^^^^^No word just yet... All that info is still pending. Best guess is early next year.

:iono:

Kahdir 08-26-2008 08:12 PM

Thanks for the info Scotty :thumbsup:

Looking forward to SEMA... Take some cool pics, see 'em in person -man, I love my job :D

Tantalizer43 08-26-2008 08:48 PM

Sooo, it looks like the 2nd IDL is put off for a month, and pricing info is put off until January...:paddle:

I also am not sure what Consensus means it that context...:iono:

Tantalizer43 08-26-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaoszz4 (Post 117281)
ok guys im new here does anyone here know the real price on the ss i just put an 5k deposit on it but the dealership that my friends dad is the co owner of cant tell me the final price so can anyone here help thx

5K deposit??? I really hope that is refundable. Pretty large deposit and pretty risky for a car with no pricing yet.

I had to pass on putting a deposit down until I know pricing. I'd rather my downpayment accrue interest in my Money Market account than the dealers pocket. Even though I believe I found a reputable dealer...

Ctrain24 08-28-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playhard67 (Post 117372)
Five 5th Gen Camaros will be on display...in addition to Bumblebee**

http://www.indycamaro.com/Indy08/showindex.htm (EDIT: LINK DOESN'T WORK CORRECTLY- from the Indy site, go to "Track" and click on GM Cars on Display.)

**of course, they listed a disclaimer that the cars may change due to GM budget cuts...but, this is the official public unveiling of the new 2010 Camaro.

Not to mention a lot of us will meet there.

IMHO, it's a lot more than "JUST GO THERE":yikes: :yikes:

According to the Indy site, one of the five 5th gens will be the production model. How badly would it suck if the one production model is a V6

The_Blur 08-28-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ctrain24 (Post 120664)
According to the Indy site, one of the five 5th gens will be the production model. How badly would it suck if the one production model is a V6

That wouldn't suck. The V6 is going to be awesome. :thumbup:

Ctrain24 08-28-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 120665)
That wouldn't suck. The V6 is going to be awesome. :thumbup:

Yes it will be awesome! However, we've seen plenty of the V6 car already. I'm hoping for an SS/RS.

speedbroker 08-31-2008 11:24 AM

Probably too soon..

O.K., I think I am one of the few that is doing my best to wait for the SS/RS vert. :5thgenvert:

I have read through all of the exsisting thread and see nothing about announcing further in depth detail on the production vert. I am guessing it is too soon to think that some true production pics will leak along with speculative pricing etc?

If so when are people projecting that we will see/know more?

o2camaross 09-06-2008 12:58 PM

Hey scotty, any truth to the rumor about ordering in october?

CamaroScotty 09-06-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o2camaross (Post 125892)
Hey scotty, any truth to the rumor about ordering in october?

If I didn't post it, I wouldn't believe it! :wave:

Tantalizer43 09-08-2008 01:26 PM

I see you also took ordering/pricing off of the 3rd IDL. Is that because you simply omitted it, or could it be because GM flashed the "subject to change" card???:iono:

Indy??

I understand why they arent releasing pricing yet, but I gotta believe every Mustang and Challenger sale from late July until Camaro pricing is offered is a potential lost sale for Camaro.

If they knew how much Camaro will come in for, would they wait? Maybe, maybe not.

CamaroScotty 09-08-2008 01:49 PM

just a cut / paste to what's posted now.....

CWI 09-10-2008 01:49 AM

Based on Cheryl Pilcher interview and what Scotty has said I would expect options and accessories to be revealed first week November at SEMA, ordering and pricing info in December and placing orders in January. Build in February and March and Camaro burnouts on the streets in March and April.

This will be my third new vehicle in 3 years so I am at the top of the list at my dealer. I will feel lucky to drive mine by the end of March.

DeathJester 09-12-2008 10:54 PM

Anyone Going the the show in Indy on the 20th?

JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR 09-13-2008 01:09 AM

I wanna go to SeMa!!! Do you have to be big in the auto industry like Chip Foose...or can you just fly out to VeGaS and get a ticket to the show???

TAG UR IT 09-13-2008 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathJester (Post 129773)
Anyone Going the the show in Indy on the 20th?

Search for Indy and you'll find a LOT of info on who's going, etc!

CamaroScotty 09-13-2008 05:18 AM

I think the October date will bring more info then we'll expect. (maybe pricing AND allocation) but I DO NOT EXPECT ordering to change from January, UNLESS the production date gets changed.

JMO - don't quote me Road & Track!