Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Bad wax job by dealership (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247625)

angryv6 09-01-2012 10:04 AM

Bad wax job by dealership

I purchased my car back in June and just finally gotten around to checking everything out. I bought it with 500 miles on it, now 200 miles later, a spray down and comments from friends and family pointing out what crap job the dealership did in prepping the car for delivery. There are swirl marks all over the car, several spots where it looks like the paint is dull from the person buffing the car. Last there is wax build up all it. What can I do if anything about this?:(

zogster 09-01-2012 10:09 AM

Complain to the dealer, but that sounds about typical... the young kid they brought in to detail cars for $9 an hour doesn't get properly trained, etc.

The next car I will buy I will drive it off the lot when I sign the papers. No detailing by the dealer to screw up my car.

union894 09-01-2012 10:14 AM

angry what dealer did you buy it from?

angryv6 09-01-2012 10:19 AM

Ganley on Lorain and 150th

union894 09-01-2012 10:21 AM

They have been around for a long time,take it back and they should fix it.Good luck

angryv6 09-01-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zogster (Post 5521277)
Complain to the dealer, but that sounds about typical... the young kid they brought in to detail cars for $9 an hour doesn't get properly trained, etc.

The next car I will buy I will drive it off the lot when I sign the papers. No detailing by the dealer to screw up my car.

Lesson learned. I was told "Oh they're getting ready for you just buffing and waxing" took another 45 mins, it was around five in the evening with the over cast the blemishes didn't stand out.

Higgs Boson 09-01-2012 10:23 AM

too late to complain....June? did you take delivery in the dark? there is no way to prove you didn't get a crappy detail from some other place now and want the dealer to fix it. I am not saying you did, just what the perception will be if you complain about wax two months later....I mean, I wash my car 8 times in two months.... maybe they will step up and redo it, there are a lot of different people and ways to customer service out there. hopefully they do.

but a detail at a professional detail shop for 80 bucks will get it looking nice. if I were you I would say look, just pay the bill for a differ place to do it. they already proved they aren't capable.

angryv6 09-01-2012 10:27 AM

Higgs, that's what I'm going to do just wondering If I could point the crap job out to them. I found an excellent detailer not too far from me for 80 bucks gonna go with them.
Never had a problem with my other cars I purchased new.

FL1CK 09-01-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angryv6 (Post 5521327)
Higgs, that's what I'm going to do just wondering If I could point the crap job out to them. I found an excellent detailer not too far from me for 80 bucks gonna go with them.
Never had a problem with my other cars I purchased new.

$80? Might want to check that work in sunlight as well... just sayin.

Redliner1960 09-01-2012 10:31 AM

$80 is cheap from my experience... might be worth a drive up to Cleveland from Canton.

Keep us informed, and good luck.

angryv6 09-01-2012 10:40 AM

Ok will do, thanks for the advice.

Higgs Boson 09-01-2012 10:42 AM

80 bucks gets you a quality clay bar and wax here in SATX. it's not a full engine, underbody, etc detail. regular inside and outside wash, clay and wax. all by hand.

you want a nook and crannie detail, that's upwards of 200. we has a lot of cheap labor around here. I can get my yard mowed and edged for 10 dollars. lol. but I still do it anyways.

tonyko1 09-01-2012 10:43 AM

When I was "back home" visiting in Cleveland this past May right before I got my "vert"... stopped by over at Tim Lally Chevrolet in Bedford, used to live in that town.

They had a real beauty on the showroom floor, black on black 2SS convertible. I noticed a paint "ding" on the driver's door and the salesman stated "oh that ain't nothing"...........on a $44k car, it was something to me. I was real tempted to buy a car there in Ohio and drive it back to Oregon, but that simple slight killed the deal. Plus I wanted IBM.

InfidelSpartan 09-01-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyko1 (Post 5521371)
When I was "back home" visiting in Cleveland this past May right before I got my "vert"... stopped by over at Tim Lally Chevrolet in Bedford, used to live in that town.

They had a real beauty on the showroom floor, black on black 2SS convertible. I noticed a paint "ding" on the driver's door and the salesman stated "oh that ain't nothing"...........on a $44k car, it was something to me. I was real tempted to buy a car there in Ohio and drive it back to Oregon, but that simple slight killed the deal. Plus I wanted IBM.

Its ridiculous how sales people treat the expensive cars they have in the show room.

62k Vette and this guy is leaning on it, he has buttons, keys, and a belt all touching the car. I was about to scream.... but its not my car. I also pointed out that the rim of one of their camaros was badly scratched up and they simply said "must have been a test drive" Not thanks for pointing it out, we will get that fixed.

back to OP.

I had rail dust on my first camaro (Still have it until next week or so) because they did not prep the car properly. I am tempted to get a clay bar and prep kit and do it myself and NOT let the dealership touch it. I already wash my cars once a week so whats adding a great detail and waxing to it when I pick it up.... may even do it before leaving the dealership so I can point out anything thats wrong with it.... nothing like a good hand washing to find all the defects.

my 2¢