Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Partial CGM constraint ? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18086)

mutant chicken 04-09-2009 02:37 PM

Partial CGM constraint ?

So we finally got the call from our dealer this morning !!!!!!

We were the first people in the door to order a Camaro, waiting at the door on Oct. 13th and had to inform him that it was possible to order it .....

So, he calls this morning and tells me that our order is being pulled this morning but if we want our order to go through we have to change our color to anything but Cyber grey as it is still on constraint ..... I informed him that it went off constraint last week and that he needs to check his facts again and he told me that the people on the forums don't know what they are talking about !!! According to him only 251 cyber grey orders can be pulled per week ( per the constraint ) and we didn't make this weeks lottery so we either change colors or get passed by.

We chose to wait, we haven't waited this long to change colors now, but this sounds like b.s. to me. It turns out the second car in his list is going to a wealthy collector who is buying two from him. So, after waiting all this time we are getting passed by, per this supposed constraint, and told that we might get our order pulled next week...:bonk:

Has anybody else heard of this or is my dealer feeding me a line ? :bs:

Croathlete 04-09-2009 02:38 PM

Your dealer is correct. It was 190 cars last week and 251 this week. It seems random.

SWHCPA 04-09-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croathlete (Post 395370)
Your dealer is correct. It was 190 cars last week and 251 this week. It seems random.

and to compound things, I got to look at the dealer connect screen, saw the 251 allocation for the week and all "-0-" on the rest of the availability columns for this color...

mutant chicken 04-09-2009 03:23 PM

Wonderful .....

He seems to think he is going to get all four cars that he is allocated orderded by the end of the month. We shall see .....

CamaroScotty 04-09-2009 03:26 PM

Yep, reported every Thursday morning, right here on this forum - before your salesman's even out of bed :)

Mr_Draco 04-09-2009 03:33 PM

Just wait till next week. If your order is pulled then it will still be built this month. What is another week after a 3 year wait?

CamaroHutch 04-09-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mutant chicken (Post 395366)
So we finally got the call from our dealer this morning !!!!!!

We were the first people in the door to order a Camaro, waiting at the door on Oct. 13th and had to inform him that it was possible to order it .....

So, he calls this morning and tells me that our order is being pulled this morning but if we want our order to go through we have to change our color to anything but Cyber grey as it is still on constraint ..... I informed him that it went off constraint last week and that he needs to check his facts again and he told me that the people on the forums don't know what they are talking about !!! According to him only 251 cyber grey orders can be pulled per week ( per the constraint ) and we didn't make this weeks lottery so we either change colors or get passed by.

We chose to wait, we haven't waited this long to change colors now, but this sounds like b.s. to me. It turns out the second car in his list is going to a wealthy collector who is buying two from him. So, after waiting all this time we are getting passed by, per this supposed constraint, and told that we might get our order pulled next week...:bonk:

Has anybody else heard of this or is my dealer feeding me a line ? :bs:

Thats interesting, I got a phone call from my dealer this morning with the same information.

Bentley78 04-09-2009 03:59 PM

Ok i really havent understood the constraint thing with colors, I ordered my 2SS CGM this week and i am 7th in line at my dealership, does this mean i wont be getting my car till this Fall??? Or even this year???

Suskam 04-09-2009 04:02 PM

I'm waiting for the same reason - This whole process is like a weekly game show; "Stay tuned next week to see if your order is pulled, and if you ordered Cyber Gray, you might get lucky and you might not!"

Mr_Draco 04-09-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bentley78 (Post 395540)
Ok i really havent understood the constraint thing with colors, I ordered my 2SS CGM this week and i am 7th in line at my dealership, does this mean i wont be getting my car till this Fall??? Or even this year???

Depends on your dealers allocation. If your dealer has the allocation, then you'll get it before Oct and most likely before the end of the summer.

mlee 04-09-2009 04:13 PM

Your dealer is correct... The good thing is they are picking up CGM orders now so you shouldn't have to wait much longer. Take a look at Scotty's post next Thurs and give them a call again.. Chances are you will be next. Also, the constraint is supposed to be completely removed very soon.

Bentley78 04-09-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 395554)
Depends on your dealers allocation. If your dealer has the allocation, then you'll get it before Oct and most likely before the end of the summer.

My dealer said they get allocated 3 a month. So that means i get one in June?!

mutant chicken 04-09-2009 04:53 PM

Thanks Scotty !

I've been getting the " I expect your order to get pulled this week or next" line from my dealer for months now, only to have this happen today, and I thought ( mistakenly it turns out ) that the constraints were off on cgm .... : ( . I thought that once the constraints came off that was it, if our order came up we were good to go, not oops, sorry, you have to change your color if you want your car .... but, we have waited this long, what's another few weeks ?

Vash 04-09-2009 04:55 PM

The vette plant is closed. They can't get some of the paint from there?