Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2010 Camaro color and model popularity as of May 11, 2010 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82768)

rootcat 05-12-2010 04:38 PM

Not sure how I can help ya with that

cab2g 05-12-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berean (Post 1844790)
I have no idea what you just said. :iono:

I think he means: 2011 will sell a lot less 2SS/RS models vs lesser priced models.

I agree with this statement. It was all the people with money to blow that were able to get the car in the first year (enthusiasts, collectors). There are a lot of people that want this car but can't afford it yet, and these people probably won't be able to afford a fully loaded 2SS. The numbers will eventually look similar to the Mustangs with more V6s being sold I'm guessing.

IROC'D 05-12-2010 04:48 PM

Thanks Enator for the state graph!!! I new there were a bunch of us here in TX!!

rootcat 05-12-2010 04:53 PM

I will give this a try. If you were to tell me I could have a corvette and I didnt have to pay for it I know wich one I would choose, The most expensive one. I also agree with Cab2g the first to climb on board with this new Camaro would obviously be the muscle car person that wants biggest and baddest. Hope that helps. Time will bring the numbers tighter.

Frank in MD 05-12-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enator (Post 1842683)
And now stats :D

No Washington DC?

trm0002 05-12-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cab2g (Post 1844852)
I think he means: 2011 will sell a lot less 2SS/RS models vs lesser priced models.

I agree with this statement. It was all the people with money to blow that were able to get the car in the first year (enthusiasts, collectors). There are a lot of people that want this car but can't afford it yet, and these people probably won't be able to afford a fully loaded 2SS. The numbers will eventually look similar to the Mustangs with more V6s being sold I'm guessing.

Huh? I got an almost $700 a month car payment. Money to blow? I wish.

2010 SSRS 05-12-2010 05:27 PM

Camaro is king

dwtucker 05-12-2010 06:36 PM

2010 Production Numbers

For me, from the moment I heard about the Camaro coming back, I planned to buy the top of the line GM sold and that is exactly what I got.

I figured the big V8 sales would be huge, I did not expect them to be >50% of the total however. Makes you wonder who is concerned about ful prices and gas milage huh? I know I was not, it was not even a thought.

2S baby - awesome...

VetteMark 05-12-2010 07:52 PM

Hmmm . . . all this from a Swede . . . go figure!

Nicw work . . . Thanks for sharing!!

Agent Atomic Orange 05-12-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDDAN (Post 1838197)
See me at the Christmas tree and I will show you that I have the full model. You have a sixbanger and you're calling the 1SS less than a full model? I guess that you would rather have DOODADS than the horsepower of a honking V-8. I have had experience with Chevy's "leather" and found the 66% of it that is VINYL. What do you think? Do you think that those of us that are adverse to "Pleather" should not be offered an SS? Why do you care what I bought? I don't care if you got the one with the Vinoleum seats and the Bluetooth. Does the bluetooth make yours go faster or handle better than my 1SS? If I add the garage door opener will I turn a quicker quarter mile at New England Dragway? I have just what I need, no more or no less. I have the polished wheels, the Boston Accoustics and the only thing that I thought that the car should have had from the factory, the gauge pack is on order and paid for and will be installed by the end of the week.

Easy Cowboy

Stormyone 05-12-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enator (Post 1841247)
4256 (Beige+Grag+Inferno Orange)

thanks for the info!!!

Goodspeed 05-12-2010 08:43 PM

Only 16 ever made to my specs ... 'The Wife' suggested that perhaps I had bad taste, even by Camaro standards ... nice to have a pretty unique car all the same.

CAP'N B 05-12-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matster (Post 1841593)
I believe that over time you will see these numbers shift. This represents only the first year of production data and it took them the first 6 or 7 months just to build all the pre-orders. The majority of pre-orders were the hardcore Camaro enthusiast who would have nothing less than the V8. I could be wrong but I expect to see the V6 sales/production numbers to gradually catch up to and over take the V8.

I hate to use it as a comparison and haven't looked at the stats but looking at the Mustang sales/production numbers will probably be indicative of where the Camaro sales/production numbers end up, speaking strictly on V6 vs. V8 sales and production.

I don't want to make anybody feel bad but I think that the only reason people bought the v6 model is because they couldn't see paying more for the V8. Maybe the felt they could do other mods with the money they saved that weren't performance oriented. Just my honest opinion without trying to hurt anyone's feelings

jodoin244 05-12-2010 09:00 PM

why are you guys all complaining about the 1ss not beings a full model whats makes it not a full model does it not have the same engine as the 2ss? the only difference is all the extras that dont even make the car a muscle car (all the older cars never had bluetooth in it right??) .... are u gonna buy an old muscle car with the same options as a 1ss and say its not a "full" model?

dmax86 05-12-2010 09:02 PM

TEXAS!! lol were buying the crap put of them!

IConnection 05-12-2010 09:53 PM

Well I am glad I have a 1SS/IBM NON RS
I just added the gauges for $3XX and its now perfect :)

I never cared for the rs option and I didnt need leather
In the end I love my IBM SS

al ball 05-12-2010 10:01 PM

I think it"s great everyone got the car they wanted. Love my Black/Beige 2SS 6m no RS