Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Things I'd Like to See Added... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1114)

Warghost 07-02-2007 09:55 AM

Things I'd Like to See Added...

I know that this is still a concept vehicle, but I wanted to get your opinions on how feasible you guys think these options are, and what the chances are we'll see them in the new Camaro!

- Short-throw Shifter
- Hydraulic clutch (the new Mustang has it, and it makes city driving much more comfortable)
- Seat position memory (I hate getting my car detailed or worked on, then having to spend 20 minutes re-adjusting it perfectly)
- 13-inch drilled or slotted rotors
- Back-lit lock/window/cruise control buttons (the tiny flashlight in the door panels was cheesy in my opinion and I want lights on the steering wheel)

Well, that's all I can think of at the moment. Let me know your thoughts and opinions on these options and if there's any chance we'll get em.

PS - This is a Camaro forum, yet the word "camaro" shows as misspelled by the spell checker on this forum! :bonk:

TAG UR IT 07-02-2007 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warghost (Post 14652)
I know that this is still a concept vehicle, but I wanted to get your opinions on how feasible you guys think these options are, and what the chances are we'll see them in the new Camaro!

- Short-throw Shifter
I wouldn't doubt this makes it into the production version as an option.
- Hydraulic clutch (the new Mustang has it, and it makes city driving much more comfortable)
I don't know on this one. If all the other car companies are going to a hydro clutch, I don't see why GM wouldn't follow along. Again, could be an option.
- Seat position memory (I hate getting my car detailed or worked on, then having to spend 20 minutes re-adjusting it perfectly)
I know what you mean. I doubt this would come with it in any standard Camaro. Maybe as an option, but I doubt it.
- 13-inch drilled or slotted rotors
Wouldn't this depend on the size of the tires? I don't think they'll go any larger than they need to.
- Back-lit lock/window/cruise control buttons (the tiny flashlight in the door panels was cheesy in my opinion and I want lights on the steering wheel)
If they don't, shame on GM. It is time to take a step forward into the future. Backlit everything is just the way to go. I think they will do this and yes...they need to do it.
Well, that's all I can think of at the moment. Let me know your thoughts and opinions on these options and if there's any chance we'll get em.

PS - This is a Camaro forum, yet the word "camaro" shows as misspelled by the spell checker on this forum! :bonk:

I've never used the spell check. It does that on word too.

Punk_rider 07-02-2007 01:44 PM

don't care about the memory seats ... no one else will drive my car ...

Silverado 07-02-2007 01:51 PM

T-TOPS!!!!

Add the t-tops and you can keep your memory seats (although I want those too) and the 13" drilled/slotted rotors.

Mr. Wyndham 07-02-2007 02:00 PM

Corvette has Memory seats...I'm almost 100% positive that it's part of an option pakage, though. It can remember 2 different arrangements.

As for the hydro clutch and Short throw...I'd be surprised if they don't have those as standard...I mean - Even the concept has the T-56 (I hope I got that right) and I thought its naturally a 'short throw'

acscamarochick06 07-02-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverado (Post 14669)
T-TOPS!!!!

Add the t-tops and you can keep your memory seats (although I want those too) and the 13" drilled/slotted rotors.

*T-Tops! T-Tops! T-Tops!!!* :D :p :cool: :wub: :clap: :thumbup:

cjr 07-02-2007 03:27 PM

One I5 instead of 2 V6

I would like to see the 3.7L I5 as the standard engine instead of two V6 options. Picture this, no V6, I5 std(w/5spd auto), and two V8 options.

Mr. Wyndham 07-02-2007 03:36 PM

mmmm....I don't know about that. It's interesting to think about - but I don't know....:rolleyes: :iono:

Silverado 07-02-2007 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjr (Post 14679)
I would like to see the 3.7L I5 as the standard engine instead of two V6 options. Picture this, no V6, I5 std(w/5spd auto), and two V8 options.

Why?

When GM decided to use the I5 in the Trailblazer and Envoy, I thought, good idea...better MPG with good HP (275 at the time)....so, we compared it with the Tahoe that we were looking at (285HP from the 5.3L V8). The Trailblazer was only about $2000 less than the Tahoe, and got exactly the same gas mileage as the bigger, heavier, Tahoe with the V8....

Very unimpressed with the I5....

Plus, cylinder deactivation is an option on the I5 if I remember correctly....and that is what will help the Camaro's MPG numbers.

I'll say it again, the best option GM could add to ones we already know about (meaning engines) is the T-TOPS.

Check the pictures that Killer put up of the "Firebird" in the other thread....the first few have the t-tops on them and it looks awesome.

GM should put the t-tops in this one (as an option). It will broaden the appeal that much more (a lot of people don't like convertibles, but want more than just a hard top). It would be the only car out there with t-tops and the few that have the targa style roof are in a totally different price class.

The_Stache 07-02-2007 04:23 PM

As stated over and over and over and over and over and over by people in the know and GM....

T-tops aren't going to happen in this day and age.. 5 star safety qualifications don't allow it.

Mr. Wyndham 07-02-2007 04:24 PM

I'd get a T-TOP if it was offered...I just don't think it will be...:iono:

acscamarochick06 07-02-2007 04:38 PM

I would be head-over-heels for this car if T-tops were offered, but I have to admit that I will hate letting my car go because I'll be sending my t-tops off with it :cry: Gotta hold out hope...

JWz28 07-02-2007 07:16 PM

Heads Up Display.

Oh and an oil slick dispenser.

JWz28.

Silverado 07-02-2007 07:43 PM

[QUOTE=JWz28;14710]

Oh and an oil slick dispenser.

QUOTE]

Now that's a good option to have....how about Turbo boost, a grapling hook and the electic pulse generator while you're at it? Maybe the red LED in the front. But, you can leave off the super pursuit mode...that was stupid, I mean come on, how unreal....LOL