Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Hesitation, Jerking, Bucking At Start-up Only (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304625)

njweatherman 07-12-2013 07:01 AM

@HarryNW - your problem sounds exactly like mine. I have a 2013 2SS automatic, a little over 1,00 miles on it, with a flowmaster outlaw catback exhaust and K&N CAI. Ever since I bought the car, I had the hesitation, bucking, jerking at cold start-up only. Once the car was warmed-up, it ran great with no problems.
FYI - Prior to me putting on the after-market mods, my dealer said it was ok because the above mods do not affect the ECU.
I was going to wait until my first 3k service to bring it in, but I am going to see if they can take a look at it soon. I'll keep you posted with any details.
Please feel free to private message me on this matter.

HarryNW 07-12-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njweatherman (Post 6775709)
@HarryNW - your problem sounds exactly like mine. I have a 2013 2SS automatic, a little over 1,00 miles on it, with a flowmaster outlaw catback exhaust and K&N CAI. Ever since I bought the car, I had the hesitation, bucking, jerking at cold start-up only. Once the car was warmed-up, it ran great with no problems.
FYI - Prior to me putting on the after-market mods, my dealer said it was ok because the above mods do not affect the ECU.
I was going to wait until my first 3k service to bring it in, but I am going to see if they can take a look at it soon. I'll keep you posted with any details.
Please feel free to private message me on this matter.

Thanks - feedback still varies but seems to favor the "this is standard behavior until warmup", so you can see my final decision on the matter here - I will keep that other thread (and my build thread) updated with any further developments.

Thanks again to all of you for the comments/feedback

chevy 3 07-12-2013 11:18 AM

Mine has done this from day one and its no biggie

njweatherman 07-13-2013 12:34 PM

Everyone, here is an update on my 2013 2SS automatic:

I took it to the dealer yesterday and had the service manager witness the hesitation / bucking / jerking, at start-up. I told him it is worse with the first start-up of the day.
He searched GM's site and there are no bulletins out on this matter.
I will be dropping my car off when I approach 3k. I will bring it to them during the evening and then they will test it the following morning when it is cold.
I'll post again when I drop it off and get the results back.

dixonk 07-13-2013 01:47 PM

I got my car back from the dealer on Wednesday. I had them do a complete fuel system cleaning. Irrelevant but at the same time I put Full Synthetic in the rear diff and engine oil flush and filled back up with full synthetic. The car is completely smooth now. Idles and runs much smoother as well. Rolled over 25000 miles on the car yesterday.

Rhyder 07-13-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixonk (Post 6778515)
I got my car back from the dealer on Wednesday. I had them do a complete fuel system cleaning. Irrelevant but at the same time I put Full Synthetic in the rear diff and engine oil flush and filled back up with full synthetic. The car is completely smooth now. Idles and runs much smoother as well. Rolled over 25000 miles on the car yesterday.

did they replace the fuel filter and everything when they did the cleaning? I could see a faulty fuel filter maybe being a culprit.....also you know what they used to clean it by chance?

dixonk 07-13-2013 01:54 PM

I honestly don't know what they changed. It was a 175 dollar comprehensive fuel system cleaning and it took a long time for them to finish. I would imagine thats part of the cleaning. There was some parts charges on top of labor but I didn't read what parts where changed. I ended up doing a major service while I was there for my 25k.

Rhyder 07-13-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixonk (Post 6778546)
I honestly don't know what they changed. It was a 175 dollar comprehensive fuel system cleaning and it took a long time for them to finish. I would imagine thats part of the cleaning. There was some parts charges on top of labor but I didn't read what parts where changed. I ended up doing a major service while I was there for my 25k.

well as long as we have a possible fix, not that mine is doing it now, but if it starts I know what to try first....

Chevrolet Customer Svc 07-15-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njweatherman (Post 6778227)
Everyone, here is an update on my 2013 2SS automatic:

I took it to the dealer yesterday and had the service manager witness the hesitation / bucking / jerking, at start-up. I told him it is worse with the first start-up of the day.
He searched GM's site and there are no bulletins out on this matter.
I will be dropping my car off when I approach 3k. I will bring it to them during the evening and then they will test it the following morning when it is cold.
I'll post again when I drop it off and get the results back.

Appreciate your update njweatherman,

By all means, let us know what happens after your service visit.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

civdiv99 07-15-2013 07:47 PM

Yep, me too.

Given the mild tune of these engines, it kind of surprises me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meshamey (Post 6729025)
Thats normal on my 2011 ss, been like that form day 1, till it warms up

HarryNW 07-16-2013 11:56 PM

OK, my hesitation/bucking issue is RESOLVED! Has never run better and that allowed me to even proceed with installing the VMAX Ported Throttle Body - amazing throttle response now.

Please see the update I made to the original post here to read about the solution (bottom line: "boxed" CAI's should include a recommendation to relocate the fluid reservoir!)

My bottom line: I should have read more about various brands of CAI and their recommended installation tips - even though C.A.I. does not specifically call out the relocation of the fluid reservoir, it should be highly recommended up front. There are some other posts here that recommend doing this, and even go so far as to say that adding this type of "boxed" CAI without relocating the reservoir is a step backwards. I can now wholeheartedly agree.

njweatherman 07-19-2013 09:40 PM

@HarryNW - My CAI (K&N Typhoon) is not boxed.
Plus, my hesitation, bucking, jerking at start-up was present before the CAI install.

ryzrs10 07-20-2013 03:26 AM

Might be a torque converter. Had mine fail at 3400 miles.