Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   To get an honest opinion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306466)

itsjustdave 07-08-2013 06:34 PM

To get an honest opinion

My wife and I are going to order her a new '13 vert, and I/we wanna know what the one biggest complaint is against them. I've checked this thread several times and most say about the wear factor being excessively quick, is that still the case? And how about the actual durability of the vert mechanisms? She had an vert beetle and we had to replace the straps and motor within 50k, and we use opened her up maybe 3 times a year. Just trying to see what we are in for sober can make good decision.
***and if its broke, how good is chevy at "fixing" issues?****

Twilborne 07-08-2013 07:08 PM

I have had my 2013 for a while . I traded in a 2010 Coupe. I have to say I absolutely love the Convertible. I have had no problems at all. I live in Fla. so I have the top down a lot. The car is awesome.

Ryanbabz71 07-08-2013 07:30 PM

I dont believe you can still order a 2013.

ToddB 07-08-2013 07:59 PM

well I was real happy with my vert until yesterday. I am in Maine and my fifth bow on my top just went out. I am about 2000 miles from WI where I live. I can still get the top up and down but there is a big gap along the back with the top closed.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 07-08-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsjustdave (Post 6764382)
My wife and I are going to order her a new '13 vert, and I/we wanna know what the one biggest complaint is against them. I've checked this thread several times and most say about the wear factor being excessively quick, is that still the case? And how about the actual durability of the vert mechanisms? She had an vert beetle and we had to replace the straps and motor within 50k, and we use opened her up maybe 3 times a year. Just trying to see what we are in for sober can make good decision.
***and if its broke, how good is chevy at "fixing" issues?****

itsjustdave,

Glad to hear you're getting your wife a new Camaro! That is a fantastic choice and you'll enjoy every moment with it.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Poohbear 07-08-2013 08:29 PM

If you want a lot of sleepless nights and no help from GM to relieve the stress then go ahead and get u one, been there and done that as they say

Mykeb 07-08-2013 08:51 PM

I received my '13 2LT with the RS package last October, drove it through the winter here in northern Virginia (not much snow here this year) and certainly have been taking advantage of every nice day I've had the car to put the top down. I've had one minor issue with a top strut popping off the linkage and that's it. I was able to re-attach the strut and had the dealer check everything out the next day. Other than that, no issues and a permanent grin. I love this car. I recently drove out to Austin, TX and back to DC in 5 days.....did I already say I love this car?

Perhaps my only complaint (if I have to have one) is that you'll be challenged to get a set of golf clubs in the trunk with the top up and it just won't happen with the top down. Your wife will absolutely love this car.

She will want to be careful to keep a decent space between the car and curbs at the front (front clearance is low) and on the sides with the low profile tires (rim rash is easy to come by).

itsjustdave 07-08-2013 08:58 PM

my responses are in blue

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 (Post 6764629)

according to my guy i can, but who the hell knows, it changes daily. If not it may be for the better with the 14 previewing around the corner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddB (Post 6764774)
well I was real happy with my vert until yesterday. I am in Maine and my fifth bow on my top just went out. I am about 2000 miles from WI where I live. I can still get the top up and down but there is a big gap along the back with the top closed.

have you tried to get a hold of a dealer or chevy to see what the down time is expected to be? and how willing they(dealer/chevy) was to fix the problem or put a bandaid on it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poohbear (Post 6764912)
If you want a lot of sleepless nights and no help from GM to relieve the stress then go ahead and get u one, been there and done that as they say

how long round about before you started having problems? we've considered the coupe just because i started reading this thread on the forum, that's why i'm trying to get first hand knowledge.

ToddB 07-08-2013 09:22 PM

I will be home on thur. I will see what my dealer says.

Candr3535 07-08-2013 09:23 PM

Traded my 2010 SS COUPE for a ZL1 Vert and I must say I work about 60hrs a week and barely get to drive it but once or twice a week for a short time. I love this car. But I only have 300 miles on it and have had it for two and half months now. But if I had a problem I know GM AND MY DEALER WOULD NOT HESITATE TO FIX IT... Any problems I've ever had they always took care of them and quickly. Just my opinion..

Chevrolet Customer Svc 07-08-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candr3535 (Post 6765229)
Traded my 2010 SS COUPE for a ZL1 Vert and I must say I work about 60hrs a week and barely get to drive it but once or twice a week for a short time. I love this car. But I only have 300 miles on it and have had it for two and half months now. But if I had a problem I know GM AND MY DEALER WOULD NOT HESITATE TO FIX IT... Any problems I've ever had they always took care of them and quickly. Just my opinion..

Amazing,

Thanks for the positive statement! Glad your dealer experience has been overly positive.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Angrybird 12 07-08-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poohbear (Post 6764912)

Had mine for over a year and over 13,000 miles with hundreds of top cycles and no sleepless nights.

Angrybird 12 07-08-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 (Post 6764629)

Correct 13's cannot be ordered, in fact I think they are in model changeover right now for the 14's

Candr3535 07-08-2013 10:25 PM

Thanks William love all three of my GM vehicles....