Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Widebody Camaro "Epic SS" Pics..Every angle covered..Enjoy (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34119)

Matt'sSS 07-30-2009 07:28 AM

Was just wondering, is that the stock rear bumper just mounted wider with the fenders, or did you have to massage it?

EpicSS 07-30-2009 12:30 PM

The rear bumper is stock believe it or not.. There was lots of work involved to make it fit the wider fenders though.. We used the metal work to compensate for the loss that we had from stretching the bumper out. There are many things that are effected just by moving two pieces further out and much planning and thought goes into each one of these builds before we cut a single panel.

Chad

Kahlis 07-30-2009 12:31 PM

I hate to be another one to bash the wheels, but it's true. They are waaay too big. I love the wide ass though,... a set of 20x15s in the rear would be sick!

Matt'sSS 07-30-2009 02:42 PM

Nice, that was lucky. It was right at that point where I wasn't sure if they would just pull wider nicely or if you had any buckling problems requiring massaging. Always nice when you can use factory panels around custom work like that!! Great job!!! Wish I still had access to all the tools, wasn't 10+ years rusty on them, and had the guts to tear into my own car like that!!! I absolutely LOVE widebody's! NSX's & Corvettes have always been my dream to widebody, but with 5th gen Camaro it's honestly one of my biggest purchasing factors the nice big hips on this beast. You guys have just given me something to wish I could do for another 5-10 years...

Dam you!!!! :mad0260: ;) :laugh:

You guys need to get some height shots from all around (rear & rear 3/4 shots from above are my fav for widebody), I'd replace the beautiful one currently on my 24" monitor with something like that gladly :D

:drinking:

97one 07-30-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Adams (Post 730557)
Body looks good, wheels would only look good on a stagecoach with horses pulling it. Please let the giant wheel craze END!!

I agree 100% !!! When will the large wheels with RUBBER BAND tires craze END ??

2010_5thgen 07-30-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepWarz (Post 736961)
The camaro is ment to have tire.

jusdging by the size of the fender wells it was meant to have wheels.......

SoloSK71 07-30-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpicSS (Post 721385)
Here are some more. If some how there isn't an angle here that you would like to see just let me know. Think I got them all though..

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/s...d/IMG_3705.jpg

Is that bowtie custom work you did, and either way, can I buy one please?

- SK

UsedTaHaveA68 07-30-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpicSS (Post 736338)
Car rides like any sports car does..stiff but great in the corners.

There seems to be some confusion on ride height as well.. the car was NOT raised to fit the rims. The car was lowered 2" in the rear and 1.5" up front. As soon as the adjustable coil overs are in we plan on going lower all the way around.

Chad

It's lowered that much and still sits that high? Call me crazy but that might be a sign the wheels are too big. The car looks so mean with those wide hips, until you see how high it sits off the ground and then it looks silly. The work on the car is top notch, but the wheels completely overpower the fabrication. Stick with some 21's or 22's so you can really slam it down and I think it would much better compliment the excellent work done to the rest of the car.

Unique Auto Depot 08-05-2009 10:09 PM

Kinda Sick looks like Knight Rider 2010

SS 376 08-06-2009 05:41 PM

Looks great. What's crazy is that it really doesn't look like a widebody. I guess it shows how wide the car is stock!

bumblebeedrvr 08-06-2009 08:31 PM

I saw someone here with a camaro like that but it was Bumblebee painted.

JM10 08-07-2009 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoloSK71 (Post 741532)
Is that bowtie custom work you did, and either way, can I buy one please?

:word:

JM