Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Pfadt Stage 3 Handling Package (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131845)

MyWorld 02-27-2011 06:02 PM

Pfadt Stage 3 Handling Package

Has anyone done the Pfadt Stage 3 Handling Package. I was thinking about it, but wanna hear from someone who did before I indulged.

Hess Motorsports 02-27-2011 06:51 PM

This has to be our customer's most requested stage from Pfadt. It is a great starting point and you can leave it alone after that or build on it without doubling up on costs. It has a great foundation for rear end for traction as well as wheel hop. The springs and sways are also a great improvement over the stock system without increasing NVH much. Our customers love it. Shoot me a PM if you need specifics or pricing! :thumbsup:

Apex Motorsports 02-27-2011 06:58 PM

The Pfadt Stage 3 is a very solid package that addresses the weak links in the stock set up and upgrades all of the major components. It is ideal for the Camaro owner looking to cover all the bases in one pass and save some money. We have set up quite a few Camaro5 members with this package so there should be no shortage of feedback. If you have any questions about it feel free to hit me up.

axis 02-28-2011 10:20 AM

I have the stage 2 and absolutely love it. Would love to get my hands on those solid subframe bushings but can't justify dropping $700 on a set.

PfadtRacing 02-28-2011 12:01 PM

Thanks for the positive comments gentlemen! We have really taken the time to put together a well thought out system with the Stage 3 Package that addresses the most glaring issues for the Camaro 5. Please let us know if you have any specific questions, but we have shipped quite a few of these sets out with extremely positive feedback so far.

MyWorld 02-28-2011 01:23 PM

I love my car and I use it as a daily driver when it's nice out. I have a junker for when it's not nice that I don't like so much.. I will be taking my camaro to the drag strip at least once or twice a month in the summer. I really want to do a road course this summer, but haven't made any plans to do that yet.

I'm far from a serious 'racer', but I want something that covers all the bases, doesn't break the bank (but is the best out there for the money), and leaves room to upgrade in the future if I decide I want to later (no immediate plans of that though)

I'm curious about how this change would be for my "daily driver" part. I know the ride is definetly going to stiffen up some, but would like to hear from others if this is the right kit for this type of use.

Apex Motorsports 02-28-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyWorld (Post 2898855)
I love my car and I use it as a daily driver when it's nice out. I have a junker for when it's not nice that I don't like so much.. I will be taking my camaro to the drag strip at least once or twice a month in the summer. I really want to do a road course this summer, but haven't made any plans to do that yet.

I'm far from a serious 'racer', but I want something that covers all the bases, doesn't break the bank (but is the best out there for the money), and leaves room to upgrade in the future if I decide I want to later (no immediate plans of that though)

I'm curious about how this change would be for my "daily driver" part. I know the ride is definetly going to stiffen up some, but would like to hear from others if this is the right kit for this type of use.

As you mentioned, things will be firmer and you will feel the road more but there is nothing about the Stage 3 that would make it inappropriate for a daily driver.

PfadtRacing 03-01-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyWorld (Post 2898855)

You're exactly the customer we packaged the stage 3 kit for. Someone looking to improve the handling and balance of the car, without major expense or substantial increase in Noise/Vibration/Harshness. Your ride will be firmer, and what is and what isn't acceptable is very subjective and varies from customer to customer. That being said, we have plenty of customers who are extremely happy with the results after installing this package.

From personal experience after install the car sure is a lot more fun to drive!

Darth_Emma 03-04-2011 04:39 PM

I already have the Pfadt springs, sways, end links, and trailing arms. These have produced a huge improvement to how the car handles and how it looks.

I am having the differential and subframe bushings installed by shop (IPS Motorsports) this week. I guess that means I will have the Stage 3 kit once the bushings are in. I've added enough power to my car to know I want to the car to feel more planted in the back end. I am very excited to have this done. When I get my car back from my shop, I'll be sure to report my impressions in my car journal.

Apex Motorsports 03-04-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2918002)
I already have the Pfadt springs, sways, end links, and trailing arms. These have produced a huge improvement to how the car handles and how it looks.

I am having the differential and subframe bushings installed by shop (IPS Motorsports) this week. I guess that means I will have the Stage 3 kit once the bushings are in. I've added enough power to my car to know I want to the car to feel more planted in the back end. I am very excited to have this done. When I get my car back from my shop, I'll be sure to report my impressions in my car journal.

You are the kind of customer who needs those differential and sub frame bushing upgrades. Be sure to post your thoughts after you have had a chance to get in it some.

Darth_Emma 03-04-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Chase (Post 2918115)
You are the kind of customer who needs those differential and sub frame bushing upgrades. Be sure to post your thoughts after you have had a chance to get in it some.

Are you trying to tell me something, Chase? :D

Check out the new plates I just ordered:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1299086131

Ok, back on topic...

I will definitely let you know how the new bushings make the car handle.

Apex Motorsports 03-04-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2918173)
Are you trying to tell me something, Chase? :D

Check out the new plates I just ordered:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1299086131

Ok, back on topic...

I will definitely let you know how the new bushings make the car handle.

:laugh: You have a gift when it comes to picking vanity plates. I'm giving you a call next time I need inspiration.

72Rookie 03-04-2011 06:22 PM

I've had the Pfadt Springs and sway bars for a few months now. Today I put on the trailing arms and I'll tell you they make a noticeable difference immediately. They cleared up the roughness from the drop springs. I should have done the trailing arms before the springs. I will be doing the subframe bushings in the near future to finish off the rear end.