Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2 Issues with the stereo.. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25156)

Embalmer 05-31-2009 10:42 PM

2 Issues with the stereo..

They are minor but...

1) "Random" Play does not save after a re-key. Every time you stop/start your car, you have to put RANDOM play back on as it doesn't save. Slightly annoying... I want shuffle play on ALL the time.

2) When you start the car up and play a song (from USB flash drive) ...sometimes it displays the wrong song name.... even counts down as if it were that song but it's not. Moving on to the next song fixes the issue.

Wish they woulda fixed these.... :iono:

UCF w00t 05-31-2009 10:45 PM

1. annoying oversight. I plan on using a USB drive on shuffle pretty much all the time so this will definitely affect me. oh well.

2. LOL @ legit bug.

Maybe they'll release a firmware update to fix this kind of stuff?

Embalmer 05-31-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 538127)
1. annoying oversight. I plan on using a USB drive on shuffle pretty much all the time so this will definitely affect me. oh well.

2. LOL @ legit bug.

Maybe they'll release a firmware update to fix this kind of stuff?

That would be nice...wonder how that would be installed? Through USB port maybe?

Bootable via flash drive? Hmmm....

UCF w00t 05-31-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Embalmer (Post 538145)
That would be nice...wonder how that would be installed? Through USB port maybe?

Bootable via flash drive? Hmmm....

codeman mentioned that they could update at it via USB.

Embalmer 05-31-2009 11:10 PM

Cool, I hope he reads this then....

franknbeans 05-31-2009 11:16 PM

you know what's my issue with the radio?

It's not in my camaro yet. .. :(

2010SSRS 06-01-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franknbeans (Post 538253)
you know what's my issue with the radio?

It's not in my camaro yet. .. :(

:sm0:

Scourage 06-01-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Embalmer (Post 538111)
They are minor but...

1) "Random" Play does not save after a re-key. Every time you stop/start your car, you have to put RANDOM play back on as it doesn't save. Slightly annoying... I want shuffle play on ALL the time.

2) When you start the car up and play a song (from USB flash drive) ...sometimes it displays the wrong song name.... even counts down as if it were that song but it's not. Moving on to the next song fixes the issue.

Wish they woulda fixed these.... :iono:

Noticed this also.

But my big complaint is to why it always switches to USB even if I was on FM or XM last time I drove :iono:

CamaroHutch 06-03-2009 08:02 AM

I dislike the fact that if you're playing by artist, it forgets that as well. Also I hate how you can't scroll through the menu's with the wheel controls! All fixed with a simple firmware update... which I hope they do!

Scott@Bjorn3D 06-03-2009 08:09 AM

I dislike it will not play songs that have been gotten from Napster. I have a Creative Zen X-FI and have to use the headphone jack. On USB it see's the songs but will not play them.

UCF w00t 06-03-2009 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D (Post 546716)
I dislike it will not play songs that have been gotten from Napster. I have a Creative Zen X-FI and have to use the headphone jack. On USB it see's the songs but will not play them.

Blame that on Napster. The songs are DRM protected and cannot be played without the proper licenses.

Red Hot SS 06-03-2009 09:22 AM

wait is this illegally downloaded songs all together or just napster songs?

Hylton 06-03-2009 09:40 AM

The best way to grab songs is to use a software which records everything that runs through your soundcard. The drag is that you have to play them to record them but you will not have any playback issues.

philthy 06-03-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scourage (Post 541978)
Noticed this also.

But my big complaint is to why it always switches to USB even if I was on FM or XM last time I drove :iono:

Yeah, my wife hates that too, since she does not like the songs on my Zune.

The one problem I am having is it will not recognize my playlists.