Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   beginners guide (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267354)

hapisok 12-23-2012 11:33 PM

beginners guide

i've been over on HPTuners (since i have the pro tuner and wide band AFR) and EFI live, LS1 Tech, Performance Trucks... forums and have been looking for a decent "beginners" how to guide. there are numerous ones floating around, but are there any newer/up-to-date ones available?

CPigs and "Beginners Guide" were done on older software that don't match up with the current version, especially when trying to create the VE histograms or changing other parameters that don't seem to exist or have taken on a different name.

yes, i could continue to read and read for hours on end or just take it to a tuner (which i already have and i trust)...so if that's your answer, save it. this is something i'd like to learn but not ready to drop $600 on some DVD's that may or may not be up to date with the current software.

thanks,

:popcorn:

realcanuk 12-24-2012 11:17 AM

The Bannish stuff is a good start, either DVD or read the book. The software is basically the same. They add a few parameters with time but the basic tuning stuff doesnt change much.

hapisok 12-24-2012 12:27 PM

yeah, the guides i've been trying to use have screen shots and with data fields that are not in the newer version of HPT as well as some of the settings for creating the histograms for logging. my question to the books & dvd's is this...are they up to date to mirror the changes that have been implemented?

thanks, i'll definitely give them a second look.

Tampa Tuning 12-31-2012 03:09 PM

Camaro Corvette GTO CTS G8 Firebird Truck performance tuner in Tampa Orlando

I like the Banish's CDs and I help teach at "The Tuning School" here in Odessa, Fl.

The main issue with both of them is they still teach 2.22 version of HP Tuners, and most people are using BETA which has differant methodology for setting up the PIDs and additional tables to touch. Without the finish product of 2.24 being release, you really cant teach the BETA tables because you dont know what the final product will be, but you should be able to figure them out.

The knowledge of both is great. When HP Tuners goes to 2.24, everyone will have to catch up their books. The VE tables on the new vehicles are Co-Efficients.

Phil
www.TampaTuning.com

Scourage 01-01-2013 01:17 AM

I bought Greg's DVD and Book, he has some youtube videos also. Great info on HPT forums and some good stuff posted here by Bluetorp in the tuner section.

hapisok 01-01-2013 07:43 PM

sweet...i'll keep digging around.

thanks for the info Phil.