Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Garage / Tools Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Started building a new house with a 3 car garage. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143892)

Mr Twisty 05-14-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 3215101)
In the garage with the rest of us.

During fest III we might need to rent some tents tho, you know, for the 300 other people. Might need to go ahead and start a bathroom/shower time list too. DIBS ON 0700 to 0730! :D

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 05-14-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3215090)
DUDE.................. Where do I sleep? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 3215101)
In the garage with the rest of us.

Hey Hey - save room for me!!

PQ 05-14-2011 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet (Post 3218323)
Hey Hey - save room for me!!

Camaro party at Chris's house. Attachment 240793

mlee 05-14-2011 10:10 AM

:emoticon12: Did someone say Camaro party..

PQ 05-14-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 3218733)

:bellyroll:

Bring the rest of the L99 gang. We'll make a converter out of him. lol

SSE 4 2SS 05-14-2011 06:02 PM

Chris,

Awesome start to the house... Cant wait to see it progress...

Someone mentioned having a build manager that he loved and then lost when the company changed directions...

We had a fresh out of college kid that managed building my house, and in addition to teaching him a huge deal, I had to fight with him most of the way... He didn't know what an underlay sink was, and they originally put my kitchen plumbing in the dining room... I told them about it and showed this kid the plans.. He said they would take care of it.... They did, they poured concrete... I had carpet in the house before they finally got it fixed....

Good Luck with your home build... and keep PQ away until you're done... He'll break something or shoot himself with a nail gun if you allow him on the premises, and then you'll be held responsible...

PQ, Whats this...???:iono:
GTA, Nail Gun:yikes:
"POW.... oooops....":rolleyes:
GTA, Randy, would you quit walking in circles... :mad0260:
PQ, I would, but I nailed my left foot to the floor.... :cry::help:

GTA, :facepalm:

WadeWilson 05-14-2011 07:32 PM

:wave: Sweet project Chris! Can't wait to see the finished product. :popcorn:

CamaroSpike23 05-15-2011 08:56 AM

Lookin good chris!

GTAHVIT 05-15-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 3218733)

:party0048:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 3219997)
Chris,

Awesome start to the house... Cant wait to see it progress...

Someone mentioned having a build manager that he loved and then lost when the company changed directions...

We had a fresh out of college kid that managed building my house, and in addition to teaching him a huge deal, I had to fight with him most of the way... He didn't know what an underlay sink was, and they originally put my kitchen plumbing in the dining room... I told them about it and showed this kid the plans.. He said they would take care of it.... They did, they poured concrete... I had carpet in the house before they finally got it fixed....

Good Luck with your home build... and keep PQ away until you're done... He'll break something or shoot himself with a nail gun if you allow him on the premises, and then you'll be held responsible...

:laugh:

I'm very lucky, The Super I have is "F'n" awesome he's already caught a couple things that I would have missed... and he's going to bring me in after each inspection to "freelance" some stuff. like running low voltage wiring, extra insulation, and some electrical wire... And the kid he has for an apprentice is a good kid. Eager to learn doesn't have a know it all attitude. Since I'm pretty easy to work with the super asked me if I would be willing to work directly with the apprentice on some smaller things... I gave him a sideways look, Chris the young kid was standing right there, and I said, "I don't know... he's been checking out my wife's butt... At least teach him to hide it a little better..." The super said, "He's such a rookie"

We all had a good laugh and Chris took it on the chin, and made it clear he wasn't looking at her butt... "I said, well it was either hers or mine... so which was it. "

Of course the super kept telling him, "you better give the man an answer..."

:D

He'll be fine...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shardik2SS (Post 3220267)
:wave: Sweet project Chris! Can't wait to see the finished product. :popcorn:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 3221729)
Lookin good chris!

Thanks! Can't wait.

CamaroSpike23 05-15-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3218748)

Or make a converter... For him.

3200 stall should work fine... if he wants to go fast that is...:rolleyes:
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 3222063)
Since I'm pretty easy to work with the super asked me if I would be willing to work directly with the apprentice on some smaller things... I gave him a sideways look, Chris the young kid was standing right there, and I said, "I don't know... he's been checking out my wife's butt... At least teach him to hide it a little better..." The super said, "He's such a rookie"

We all had a good laugh and Chris took it on the chin, and made it clear he wasn't looking at her butt... "I said, well it was either hers or mine... so which was it. "

He'll be fine...

Mr Twisty 05-15-2011 05:21 PM

:laugh::sm0::bellyroll:

mlee 05-15-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3218748)

I thought we already did...:iono:
Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 3222174)

3200 stall should work fine... if he wants to go fast that is...:rolleyes:

:word:I think he has one of those slow LS3's

CamaroSpike23 05-16-2011 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 3223363)
:word:I think he has one of those slow LS3's

has he tried the fuse pull? I heard it adds like 60 hp at the wheels

GTAHVIT 05-17-2011 03:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Delivered the floor joists and ceiling trusses. Concrete should be poured today.

01pewterz28 05-17-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 3231231)

Delivered the floor joists and ceiling trusses. Concrete should be poured today.

Looks good I bet by 6am Wednesday you will have Concrete trucks unloading onto your slab if you plan to go watch it ask them to test the concrete (lots of finishers love to wet the mud up esp here in Florida). Your 1st truck should be tight a 2-3" slump for the footers and a 4-5max slump for the slab.

Sean

NavyDood 05-17-2011 08:07 PM

Soon you will start seeing

This
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...0House/Up1.jpg

And this
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...0House/Up4.jpg

PQ 05-17-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 3223363)

Remember Admiral Yamamotos response to their attack on Pearl Harbor? :yikes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 3222174)

:sm0:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 3222063)

I'm very lucky, The Super I have is "F'n" awesome he's already caught a couple things that I would have missed... and he's going to bring me in after each inspection to "freelance" some stuff. like running low voltage wiring, extra insulation, and some electrical wire... And the kid he has for an apprentice is a good kid. Eager to learn doesn't have a know it all attitude. Since I'm pretty easy to work with the super asked me if I would be willing to work directly with the apprentice on some smaller things... I gave him a sideways look, Chris the young kid was standing right there, and I said, "I don't know... he's been checking out my wife's butt... At least teach him to hide it a little better..." The super said, "He's such a rookie"

He'll be fine...

Thanks! Can't wait.

:facepalm: We have all been there.

You did good. He'll remember it for a long time.

I'd have given him an out. I'm a softy. Maybe something like, "Hell you better have been, or you were looking at mine." :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 3219997)

:bellyroll: :bellyroll: :bellyroll:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 3231231)

In case you're still pissed about that whole 4 thousand mile road trip thing, I'll visit AFTER the concrete is poured.

Jekyll-N-Hyde 05-18-2011 12:20 PM

Chris Best word of advice ( that you wont follow because I didnt :laugh: )
Don't return until the first walk through.

My First walk through on my home is a Week from today ( Wednesday )
We started in February and ending around 1st of June all I can say is
BREATH and enjoy the fresh air while it last :laugh:

GTAHVIT 05-18-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde (Post 3234968)
Chris Best word of advice ( that you wont follow because I didnt :laugh: )
Don't return until the first walk through.

My First walk through on my home is a Week from today ( Wednesday )
We started in February and ending around 1st of June all I can say is
BREATH and enjoy the fresh air while it last :laugh:

I'm betting concrete is already done by now.

I'm stopping by every day when I can. Trying to shake hands with all the guys I can. Just seems like the right thing to do since they are doing the work to get me my new home.

This is the second home we've built... Unfortunately budget kept us from building the house we really wanted but the next house, whenever that is, will be exactly what we want.

These guys move pretty quick So I should have the majority of the walls up by end of week.

PQ 05-18-2011 12:44 PM

I'd love to build a new house. Must be pretty cool to watch.

01pewterz28 05-18-2011 02:09 PM

The worst past is the wait I hated to wait and watch our 1st house being built back in 2004 I am glad we decided to buy the model home in our subdivision my next house will be buint on 3-5 acres and all I will really care about is the shop :)

Sean

GTAHVIT 05-18-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 (Post 3235456)
The worst past is the wait I hated to wait and watch our 1st house being built back in 2004 I am glad we decided to buy the model home in our subdivision my next house will be buint on 3-5 acres and all I will really care about is the shop :)

Sean

^ This! :D

Jekyll-N-Hyde 05-18-2011 02:17 PM

Yeah after the slab was poured on my home a week and a half later and we had a roof and shingles :laugh: Then it slowed down after that.

always good to get her weathered in incase Rain hits.

Darth_Emma 05-18-2011 02:20 PM

My house is on 11 acres and all I want is a shop!

PQ 05-18-2011 02:33 PM

If I do get a chance to build a shop, I'll have a house built next to it. :bellyroll: