Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Good news about people waiting on LPO ground effects (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31279)

Chevyrocker 07-07-2009 05:46 PM

Good news about people waiting on LPO ground effects

I just got back from the 2010 Equinox training and I had the opportunity to sit down with some of the trainers to ask some questions and apparently GM did find another company to build the ground effects kit. They just got clearance for shipping and the new ground effects kits should be at dealers soon! So if anyone ordered them and was waiting for them to come in, your wait is almost over...

The original supplier of many of the LPO's (ground effects, stripes, car covers) unfortunately went under a while back, so this is great news.

:chevy:

ffrcobra_65 07-07-2009 06:04 PM

Thanks for inquiring about them and passing this good news to us here. I ordered the GFX and was concerned they would not arrive within acceptable period after delivery of the car due to the supplier issue. I can now hope the GFX will arrive before or with the car (uninstalled of course).

14pilot 07-07-2009 06:05 PM

Hooray! Had my new car for 3 weeks now and have been unable to get any news on my backordered GFX Kit.

Dealer sent me an email today, stating that my GFX are scheduled to arrived next week.

Lucky SOB 07-07-2009 07:33 PM

Good news! Hopefully they start shipping soon. I lost my "chin" piece in mid May and am still waiting for the replacement.

pck823 07-07-2009 08:38 PM

Does anyone know who the new supplier for the ground effects kit is? I believe the original supplier was a company in Windsor called Ground Effects Ltd.

Spaceballone 07-07-2009 09:06 PM

confirmed

Just spoke with dealer today, I am 14th on the list so he said mine will be in next week but the 2ss they just got was 50th on the list and wiill have to wait. Do woot bella shld b 100% soon!

Mohrg Beast 07-07-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyrocker (Post 656609)
I just got back from the 2010 Equinox training and I had the opportunity to sit down with some of the trainers to ask some questions and apparently GM did find another company to build the ground effects kit. They just got clearance for shipping and the new ground effects kits should be at dealers soon! So if anyone ordered them and was waiting for them to come in, your wait is almost over...

The original supplier of many of the LPO's (ground effects, stripes, car covers) unfortunately went under a while back, so this is great news.

I searched on Google for 2010 Camaro ground effects kit on the shopping section of google search..Found a ton of them for anyone needing the now..I settled on www.pfyc.com (parts for you car.com) and received my gfx kit within a normal time frame...so you guys may wanna check there if you cant find any, and you need them now..

Anyone know anything about the high wing spoiler yet..Talked to a dealer beginning of June and he told me that the high wing spoilers were made prior to the Camaros being made and that after the cars were made they found that the spoilers didnt fit so they had to recall and scrap the old ones..Was then told that they should be out during the first week of July..First weeks here no news..Anyone else know anything???

TLSTWIN 07-07-2009 09:50 PM

Need a little help

Guys, I searched.....where did you see the change in supplier and why?:iono: Where did it come about they wen under?

I know about the front issue, but that was a dealer issue as far as I am concerned

DkknightX 07-07-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyrocker (Post 656609)

Why would they release privileged information to you? No offense meant to you whatsoever. Just trying to validate the credibility of your information as I've been impatiently waiting for what seems like a month for mine to arrive. Thanks!

Jericho 07-08-2009 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky SOB (Post 656945)
Good news! Hopefully they start shipping soon. I lost my "chin" piece in mid May and am still waiting for the replacement.

SOB, the ride in your sig is sweet. Yours is the first I've seen with white stripes that I honestly like. I also like the contrast with your gfx. :bow:

ahart04 07-08-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DkknightX (Post 657442)
Why would they release privileged information to you? No offense meant to you whatsoever. Just trying to validate the credibility of your information as I've been impatiently waiting for what seems like a month for mine to arrive. Thanks!

This isn't his info. GM Trainers gave it to him. It's their credibility and, well, they work there. I know things about my company.

pck823 07-08-2009 09:15 AM

I have it on good authority that Ground Effects Ltd was at one time or another, the supplier of the Camaro ground effects kit. If there's any truth to there being a supplier change, does anyone know who the new supplier is?

DkknightX 07-08-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahart04 (Post 658117)
This isn't his info. GM Trainers gave it to him. It's their credibility and, well, they work there. I know things about my company.

Does this guy work for GM? I mean he walks into a dealership gets a once over on a 2010 Equinox and then is entitled to information about the Camaro's ground effects? Seems sketchy to me. Who is this guy?

Lucky SOB 07-08-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jericho (Post 657959)
SOB, the ride in your sig is sweet. Yours is the first I've seen with white stripes that I honestly like. I also like the contrast with your gfx. :bow:

Thank you. However, they are silver ;)