Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Savini Wheels -Beware! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161238)

RayJay 08-01-2011 09:09 PM

Hi, I'm here to join the potential Shit-storm.... I bought my wheels in April(ish) sent them back immediately because of the paint. After a month of waiting, I finally got them back, and they are seemingly worse than when I sent them?!? I'm super pissed! But awaiting a response on their suggested remedy.

Hell, I've technically owned them for months! But have yet to see them much.... I feel like a father whose child neglects them, except to collect my child support checks! Ahhhhhh FML! Savini being the whoreish ex-wife, spending all my dough! I just wanna mount the things and drive already!!!!!!

SUX2BU 08-01-2011 09:45 PM

You get what you pay for. LOL

PQ 08-01-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayJay (Post 3553657)
Hell, I've technically owned them for months! But have yet to see them much....

OMG.................. THAT'S Savini to me. My first 6 months or so I had them half the time. I never had a set I could realy ride on til I had them over 6 months. AFTER I got my wheels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUX2BU (Post 3553874)

:laugh:

Dr Jkel 08-02-2011 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dznts (Post 3552158)
just from reading PQ's, Jkel's, and Emma's comments, has helped me steer clear from ever purchasing this brand. i hate to hear that u guys are having so many problems with them. i would def. be seeking other options if they cant correct the problem.

I don't know if I would ever buy Savini wheels again even if they CLAIM they rectified their issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUX2BU (Post 3553874)

Actually we didn't, we didn't even get a kiss.......

Dr Jkel 08-02-2011 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayJay (Post 3553657)
Hi, I'm here to join the potential Shit-storm.... I bought my wheels in April(ish) sent them back immediately because of the paint. After a month of waiting, I finally got them back, and they are seemingly worse than when I sent them?!? I'm super pissed! But awaiting a response on their suggested remedy.

Hell, I've technically owned them for months! But have yet to see them much.... I feel like a father whose child neglects them, except to collect my child support checks! Ahhhhhh FML! Savini being the whoreish ex-wife, spending all my dough! I just wanna mount the things and drive already!!!!!!

This is going to be good to hear this one.....sounds like Randy's finish, Emma's finish, Dangeruss 's Finish etc....... and the list goes on and on

bob vogel 08-02-2011 07:18 PM

did i miss something? i have not seen anything on here from savini. oh thats right what do you call it when someone takes your money and you have nothing? sorry i just had the throw that in. this hole thing just makes me:mad0260::mad0260::mad0260:'t off.

Darth_Emma 08-02-2011 09:11 PM

Well... I took my Savini wheels off my car today. I put on a set of 20" Forgeline wheels with drag radials. It's like going from cheap crappy stilettos to track shoes.

PQ 08-02-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 3559294)
Well... I took my Savini wheels off my car today. I put on a set of 20" Forgeline wheels with drag radials. It's like going from stilettos to track shoes.

Oh shit. Chris will love that annalogy.

But, cheap, shitty stilettos.

johndawg 08-02-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3559352)

:thumbsup:

Darth_Emma 08-02-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3559352)

I fixed my post. Thanks! :D

PQ 08-02-2011 09:39 PM

;)

Dr Jkel 08-03-2011 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 3559294)
Well... I took my Savini wheels off my car today. I put on a set of 20" Forgeline wheels with drag radials. It's like going from cheap crappy stilettos to track shoes.

Well Em as you well you NOTHING Savini has is CHEAP in cost only CHEAP made.:facepalm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob vogel (Post 3558693)
did i miss something? i have not seen anything on here from savini. oh thats right what do you call it when someone takes your money and you have nothing? sorry i just had the throw that in. this hole thing just makes me:mad0260::mad0260::mad0260:'t off.

Well what do you want them to say? LMAO What can they say?

It gets quite comical at some points with the e-mails to BFXAuto about these wheels, of course I hear NOTHING from Savini.

But I agree the boiling point has been surpassed at this point.

Berean 08-03-2011 08:15 AM

At some point if they hose enough customers, wouldn't this site remove their sponsorship? :iono:

kaveduck 08-03-2011 08:27 AM

Well I wasn't in the market at the current moment, but I was seriously considering within the next 3 months of going with a Savini set myself...

You talked about their marketing and flashy-ness... their website is one of the best I've seen, apparently doesn't live up to the hype though...

After reading all of the negative feedback about the company, and reading up about performance loss in 22s vs 20s (looking to supercharge, which I will prob do first now) I think I'm going to just try the plasti-dip stuff, see how it works, and worst case just go powdercoat my stock 20s.

PQ 08-03-2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berean (Post 3560715)
At some point if they hose enough customers, wouldn't this site remove their sponsorship? :iono:

Savini should just do it themselves. Who knows?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaveduck (Post 3560771)
Well I wasn't in the market at the current moment, but I was seriously considering within the next 3 months of going with a Savini set myself...

You talked about their marketing and flashy-ness... their website is one of the best I've seen, apparently doesn't live up to the hype though...

After reading all of the negative feedback about the company, and reading up about performance loss in 22s vs 20s (looking to supercharge, which I will prob do first now) I think I'm going to just try the plasti-dip stuff, see how it works, and worst case just go powdercoat my stock 20s.

All I can tell you is they truly are that bad.

Dr Jkel 08-03-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berean (Post 3560715)

I guess that would be something Tran or the Mods could answer better than me, but I do know that they do not get into individual things like this between members and vendors and that is ok by me. I bought them on my on free will, not this site, Tran, or the Mods fault.
Eventually after enough people get hosed or have to many problems, even if they fix them, then it becomes a question of if it is worth the headache.

I know several other peopl who have different brand wheels who have had Zero issues, a coupl who have different brands who did have issues BUT they were taken care of immediately and affectively.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaveduck (Post 3560771)

Savini does a GREAT job marketing their product, I will give them that, their customer service..well........that is another question. It seems to me that in todays market place where mod dollars are tightly contested, that it would behoove them to ensure every customer is satisfied.

If I was the only one having issue then MAYBE you could say " Well he is just THAT GUY who can't be made happy" BUT the problem is you have SEVERAL members here on just THIS forum telling a story of poor quality and poor service.

The intent of this thread on my part is to inform people of the issues with buying Savini Wheels and the problems that I went and am going through to hopefully make people aware BEFORE they plunk down their money.

I have made aware Savini and the vendor and I quote from the e-mail I sent them
"Whatever they do......I want these wheels VIBRATION FREE at ALL Speeds when I bolt them back on my car. Period. OR I want my money back. SO whatever needs to be done to accomplish making these wheels smooth as glass then that is what I want done, if that means new tires, oh well, if that means new wheels then so be it, if it means standing on ones head while whistling Dixie at 3: am then that is what must be done. I just know I am tired of the vibration and having to send these wheels back and forth."

I can not be any clearer and this can not be misunderstood.

As far as the performace drop PQ better knows more than I do about that. I do not race, mainly show and cruise my car so it does not matter to me. I have a cammed car , it sounds good, lookks good, now I want it to ride good.

Darth_Emma 08-03-2011 09:05 AM

I so wish I could get my money back...

The Stig 08-03-2011 09:16 AM

Em, do you know if Savani tried standing on their head whistling Dixie at 3am when you were having problems with your wheels? Jkel may have stumbled on the answer to the vibration problem without even realizing it.

PQ 08-03-2011 01:29 PM

This is pretty bad. I'm afraid to buy wheels from ANY company now.

I gotta try and sell my Crapvinis and buy some used wheels. Got a set I'd buy RIGHT NOW in the members classified section but I need to move the Savinis first.

Darth_Emma 08-03-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3562575)
This is pretty bad. I'm afraid to buy wheels from ANY company now.

I gotta try and sell my Crapvinis and buy some used wheels. Got a set I'd buy RIGHT NOW in the members classified section but I need to move the Savinis first.

I am trying to sell mine Savinis now. I started looking for new ones when I sold my stock wheels.

PQ 08-03-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 3562613)
I am trying to sell mine Savinis now. I started looking for new ones when I sold my stock wheels.

I used the money from my stock wheels to recoupe some of the back and forth shipping and shop fees incured BY my Savinis. :facepalm:

Darth_Emma 08-03-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3562632)
I used the money from my stock wheels to recoupe some of the back and forth shipping and shop fees incured BY my Savinis. :facepalm:

I hear ya. I paid $360 to ship them back to Savini because they remounted the tires and sensors.

I wonder if a class action law suit should be under way instead of just throwing my hands in the air and giving up?

GRYGUSS 08-03-2011 02:09 PM

Sry to hear about others problems. My Savini 21's came out perfect! Powdercoat and fit no problems.......They are head turning rims no dought! Hopefully your issues will get worked out.

chevy 3 08-03-2011 02:30 PM

Can we see them Please?????

PQ 08-03-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRYGUSS (Post 3562810)
Sry to hear about others problems. My Savini 21's came out perfect! Powdercoat and fit no problems.......They are head turning rims no dought! Hopefully your issues will get worked out.

Powdercoating hopefully will be better. But if they prepped them the same as mine, you'll be ok til it chips. Then it will come off in sheets. Good luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 3562671)
I hear ya. I paid $360 to ship them back to Savini because they remounted the tires and sensors.

I wonder if a class action law suit should be under way instead of just throwing my hands in the air and giving up?

I have had mine too long I think. I'm done with that sorry ass company.

Easily the worst purchase of my life as far as regret and shitty product.