Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Newbie Exhaust Questions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194294)

Vaux96 01-08-2012 03:43 PM

Newbie Exhaust Questions

So I have a 2SS M6 on order and I am looking at things I can do once I get it. I may be interested in upgrading the exhaust - but I don't know much at all about them. What I do know is they can help the car sound more ballsy and add to performance. But what I do not want is for it to be really loud, because that would be annoying. I also do not want to void the warranty and have no interest in any type of tune. I will be adding a CAI and that is probably it.

Does anyone have any suggestions what would be good for me? An exhaust that adds more grumble and performance, but is not much louder than the stock exhaust. What kind of price range am I looking at for something like that? Would the marginal (HP?) increase in performance justify that cost? Thanks for any help.

The Stig 01-08-2012 03:59 PM

Exhaust systems (catback and/or axleback) don't add any real performance. They are just for sound. They will also not void your warranty. If your dealer tries to tell you that an exhaust voids your warranty, then it's time to get a new dealer.

BigRed585Lbs 01-08-2012 05:19 PM

Solo or Corsa, and you'll be happy.

geaux_tigerss 01-08-2012 05:52 PM

When you say loud, do you mean inside or outside? Mine is pretty loud on the exterior, but not loud at all in the cabin.

If you don't want a tune, stay away from long tube headers. Stick with catback or axle back.

Kronix 01-08-2012 06:00 PM

If you're worried about your warranty, then just swap out the CAI and do an exhaust upgrade. Warranty will be fine. As for exhaust, I was between the Borla Atak & the SLP Loudmouth II, since I was installing a SLP Supercharger I went with SLPs exhaust. In doing my research, both models are almost exactly alike. As for the Loudmouth II, it's got a great tone. If you go to SLPs website, you can hear & see videos of all their exhaust systems. You can do the same with Borla's exhaust.

Juiced1 01-08-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaux96 (Post 4278390)
So I have a 2SS M6 on order and I am looking at things I can do once I get it. I may be interested in upgrading the exhaust - but I don't know much at all about them. What I do know is they can help the car sound more ballsy and add to performance. But what I do not want is for it to be really loud, because that would be annoying. I also do not want to void the warranty and have no interest in any type of tune. I will be adding a CAI and that is probably it.

Does anyone have any suggestions what would be good for me? An exhaust that adds more grumble and performance, but is not much louder than the stock exhaust. What kind of price range am I looking at for something like that? Would the marginal (HP?) increase in performance justify that cost? Thanks for any help.

Check out our site and shop around. We have tons of options and video up for most. Solo is a nice option that doesn't get to loud inside or out and it doesn't drone. They do however have a nice muscle car rumble that has a nice bark at full throttle

dshep214 01-12-2012 09:33 PM

Check out solo performance with j pipes! Won't be disapointed!!