Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Where are all the Calgary camaros??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292971)

smarbrit 05-02-2013 08:49 AM

Where are all the Calgary camaros???

Was out late afternoon yesterday driving around and every other car on the road seemed like a mustang. Actually followed a really nice orange and black one for a few kms.....I only saw 1 black camaro in 2 hours being on the road. Where is everyone?? Still in storage??

NFRNOSS 05-02-2013 09:03 AM

I've been driving mine daily to work and back ;) I live in the north, near empire theatres 16.

mhoskins76 05-02-2013 09:05 AM

I was in Calgary last weekend and saw quite a few. Saw a nice Ashen Grey one that was done up nicely. Black rims, body kit, dark tinted windows.

Everest 05-02-2013 09:17 AM

I've had mine out a few times. I'm in deep south Calgary and i'm just waiting for the Deerfoot gravel pit to be cleaned up before driving north south. Davenport just installed new headers and an exhaust and I had to brave Deerfoot with all those rocks everywhere, not good man not good.

I'll be driving around this weekend for sure but most likely just staying south.

~E

smarbrit 05-02-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFRNOSS (Post 6495531)
I've been driving mine daily to work and back ;) I live in the north, near empire theatres 16.

I have friends in the area and am up that way quite a bit, will look for ya!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhoskins76 (Post 6495537)
I was in Calgary last weekend and saw quite a few. Saw a nice Ashen Grey one that was done up nicely. Black rims, body kit, dark tinted windows.

I know they are out, just not very many of them yet!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everest (Post 6495565)
I've had mine out a few times. I'm in deep south Calgary and i'm just waiting for the Deerfoot gravel pit to be cleaned up before driving north south. Davenport just installed new headers and an exhaust and I had to brave Deerfoot with all those rocks everywhere, not good man not good.

I'll be driving around this weekend for sure but most likely just staying south.

~E

I HATE deerfoot! Was driving a client to the airport from the south end of the city and I got hit with a massive boulder in the windshield (exaggeration but it sounded massive, I let out a big f bomb) ....left an ugly crack...actually just picked up another rock on Friday down on 17th ave and by yesterday it spread all the way across...:frusty:

All winter, nothing, 2 in 2 weeks...grr...

There's a few up by me in the NW, one of the guys at my dealer's service department lives in the same area and I also have a twin Camaro around the corner from me. He works overseas, so not out very often and only in the summer.

I forgot I got in behind a red 4th gen as well. Was a bit weathered, but in decent shape.

Everest 05-02-2013 12:23 PM

smarbrit, I finally got my exhaust installed by Davenport, if you are around the south end anytime let me know and you can come check it out and give it a listen.

Picked up 42 HP on the install.

~E

smarbrit 05-02-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everest (Post 6496226)
smarbrit, I finally got my exhaust installed by Davenport, if you are around the south end anytime let me know and you can come check it out and give it a listen.

Picked up 42 HP on the install.

~E

Oh man....I'm going to take you up on that! Not sure when I'm going to be down your way, will let you know....

smarbrit 05-03-2013 08:23 PM

That's better....came out of crappy tire to find this beside me. Owner was there so we chatted for a bit, told him to check out the forum, hope he does!

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5080488e.jpg

eastwood 05-03-2013 08:39 PM

Anyone going out at all this weekend??!!

Robd 05-03-2013 09:07 PM

:sad0147:All work and no play now that the grounds thawed,gotta dig to pay for mods:headbang:

Meltdownaverted 05-03-2013 10:08 PM

Saw a really nice Black SS with ground effects today, had spent some time at Davenport....passed me around Chestermire had some fun till the Edmonton turn off from Stoney trail

Tyler H 05-05-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarbrit (Post 6502381)
That's better....came out of crappy tire to find this beside me. Owner was there so we chatted for a bit, told him to check out the forum, hope he does!

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5080488e.jpg

That looks like Dalhousie Canadian tire judging from Northland Mall behind your car. Sorry I missed ya. I was there at 2pm on Saturday picking up cleaning supplies. Spent Saturday getting my car ready for Sunday. Well I'm off to enjoy this beautiful day in the ZL1's maiden cruze. The streets are swept in the N.W. around my house so it's finally time!

smarbrit 05-05-2013 11:59 AM

It is the dalhousie one, stopped in my way home from work Friday.

Enjoy your cruising, it's a beautiful day for sure to be out! Where in the nw are you? I'm in royal oak.

Robd 05-05-2013 09:56 PM

Was out cruising today awesome weather!