Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Power train mods v/s factory warranty (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57239)

BICHN CAMARO 12-19-2009 12:45 PM

Power train mods v/s factory warranty

Just brought home a 2010 SS. How far can you go with engine/exhaust mods and not void that wonderful warranty? Can you retune the stock set up and increase power?:iono:

pnyklr 12-19-2009 05:59 PM

My first suggestion would be to SEARCH the forums. There is a ton of info to get you started regarding this topic.

-Funk

POWERFREAK 12-19-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnyklr (Post 1303206)
My first suggestion would be to SEARCH the forums. There is a ton of info to get you started regarding this topic.

-Funk

:word: the answers that you seek are here already...that dead horse has been beaten...a lot.:rolleyes:

tom692010 12-21-2009 10:19 PM

havent they all

Quote:

Originally Posted by POWERFREAK (Post 1303212)
:word: the answers that you seek are here already...that dead horse has been beaten...a lot.:rolleyes:

Every horse has been beaten dead here if you going to take that out look. Just send him to a site an move on. unless you have some mindblowing post to start that hasn't been beaten dead yet

POWERFREAK 12-22-2009 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom692010 (Post 1309402)
Every horse has been beaten dead here if you going to take that out look. Just send him to a site an move on. unless you have some mindblowing post to start that hasn't been beaten dead yet

he's a noob...he must learn to use the search!

I'm sure there's 5000 threads on the subject, all with the same debates.

tom692010 12-22-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POWERFREAK (Post 1310056)
he's a noob...he must learn to use the search!

I'm sure there's 5000 threads on the subject, all with the same debates.

yeah we were all noobies remember? Treat him better and maybe he'll help you out one day. A lot of the old timers seem to forget that point! Unfortunate if you were treated that way. Is it that hard to remember how excited you were those first few weeks after yours arrived.:happyanim:

POWERFREAK 12-22-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom692010 (Post 1311301)
yeah we were all noobies remember? Treat him better and maybe he'll help you out one day. A lot of the old timers seem to forget that point! Unfortunate if you were treated that way. Is it that hard to remember how excited you were those first few weeks after yours arrived.:happyanim:

sorry....but when I was a noob, I still used the search button first. I didn't flame the guy...just made a simple suggestion.

brandotron 12-22-2009 03:50 PM

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/26774/orig...jpg?1258302983

ffrcobra_65 12-22-2009 03:55 PM

it is simple....generation difference. These days, why put in the effort do something to help yourself when you can get others to do it for you. I was a NOOB once and I read and read before I came up with my first question but I still also ask NOOB questions now and again. ;) okay, I didn't help this matter whatsoever. I need my meds.

NAHURRY 12-22-2009 04:55 PM

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70

tom692010 12-23-2009 01:44 AM

Furrrget it,I'm talking to myself here

BICHN CAMARO 12-23-2009 06:24 AM

Funny, when someone asks me about a paint question (my line of work) I take the time to explain it. I enjoy educating some one who is interested. I do not just point him at the instruction book and call him a Noob but I guess that is just a generation difference.:sm0:

POWERFREAK 12-23-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BICHN CAMARO (Post 1313213)
Funny, when someone asks me about a paint question (my line of work) I take the time to explain it. I enjoy educating some one who is interested. I do not just point him at the instruction book and call him a Noob but I guess that is just a generation difference.:sm0:

fine...here you go...

A lot depends on your dealer. They can be cool about mods or they can be dicks. Performance mods become more of an issue if you break something expensive, like a trans, or motor. For minor things, it's probably not gonna matter.

Nothing will flat out void your entire warranty. If you bolt on a supercharger and your radio stops working, your radio will still be covered. But your drive-train warranty is pretty much void once you bolt on a SC or Turbo. Although a member here got a new transmission after he blew his tailshaft (with a maggie)...because it was a known issue.

Minor bolt-on's like a CAI and cat-back exhaust shouldn't matter either unless the dealer thinks that they caused something to break, in that case, the dealer might give you a hard time.

A tune will void your drive-train warranty if they dealer see's it and wants to give you a hard time. But there's varying opinions about weather or not the dealer can see it or if it can be tuned so the dealer can't see it (or if it can be re-flashed back to stock).

Bigger mods like headers and cams bring up possible problems because in most cases they require a tune to run right and keep the check engine light off.

Hope all this helps...and I hope it doesn't start yet another debate about tuning and warranties. It was simply suggested that you use the search button because this is a question that comes up almost daily, so there's 100's of threads on it. So, it would have been faster for you to find answers this way, rather than starting another thread on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom692010 (Post 1313081)
Furrrget it,I'm talking to myself here

:yikes:You were free to post an answer to his question or link to threads...instead of busting balls.:paddle:

:cool:

POWERFREAK 12-24-2009 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poonamt93 (Post 1316278)
Dude,I still searching..........
There are so many threads,Please don't mind but I advice you to search those threads and get your answer if you got answer then please let me know also..............

ummmmm....read 2 posts up ^^^^^^.

see...you can post answers and STILL people wont see what's right in front of their nose.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: