Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   ***AAC HALO & Multi Function Remote HELP***** (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180196)

martinezj454545 11-02-2011 09:53 PM

***AAC HALO & Multi Function Remote HELP*****

Okay i ordered and installed amber halos from AAC for the headlights and fog lights on my 2011 LS. I installed them with the Multi Function Remote control and had trouble switching the settings and turning them off and on like on the videos. it says it has a 100 feet distance you can operate the remote but i stand just 2 feets away from it and it does not change functions or if i want them on or off it does not respond once i press the buttons. I tried replacing the battery, buying a new remote and nothing seems to work. The only time it works is when i disconnet the power and put it back on and then it works like its suppose to but after a couple of minutes it starts up again:mad0259:. theres no loose wires and every thing is connected properly. I checked the ground to the box and everything is good. what can i do to fic this problem?:iono: Thanks in advance.

The Stig 11-02-2011 10:05 PM

Have you contacted Jonathan at AAC about the issues you're having? He should be able to help.

martinezj454545 11-02-2011 10:08 PM

I havent yet, most like there going to tell me to return it and thats the last thing i would want to do. I want to know if there is something that im doing wrong before contacting AAC. Hopefully they will look at this and let me know if im doing something wrong.

The Stig 11-02-2011 10:09 PM

Well they'll ask you to return it and then they'll send you a new one. The whole lifetime warranty thing.

martinezj454545 11-02-2011 10:09 PM

When i first bought it I called AAC talked to Jonathan and he told me to put it under the hood by the fuze box. i wonder if all the heat is making it act up?

camaro4mybday 11-03-2011 12:13 PM

Aac will be bit a delayed since they are all out at sema as well as I am. I will talk to them today . Make sure the little white antenna is extended and unobstructed and if posible as close to the exterior as possible

martinezj454545 11-03-2011 02:24 PM

I still have the old box looking controller not the new one where the antenna is connected to the controller. Thanks for talking to them, wish i would have gone but thats military life. Thanks again for everything and if anybody knows how to get this problem fix please let me know becouse i am growing tired of this.

camaro4mybday 11-03-2011 07:26 PM

ah you did not specify it was the old style controller. water can be the issue there depending where it is located. give them a call tuesday after they have had a chance to back in to the shop and speak to a tech and they will help you figure it out and if you have to send it back or not

gman1970 11-03-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinezj454545 (Post 3962596)
Okay i ordered and installed amber halos from AAC for the headlights and fog lights on my 2011 LS. I installed them with the Multi Function Remote control and had trouble switching the settings and turning them off and on like on the videos. it says it has a 100 feet distance you can operate the remote but i stand just 2 feets away from it and it does not change functions or if i want them on or off it does not respond once i press the buttons. I tried replacing the battery, buying a new remote and nothing seems to work. The only time it works is when i disconnet the power and put it back on and then it works like its suppose to but after a couple of minutes it starts up again:mad0259:. theres no loose wires and every thing is connected properly. I checked the ground to the box and everything is good. what can i do to fic this problem?:iono: Thanks in advance.

i bought a scanner from them it made it only 6 months..similar to you it would work if i disconnected it and then reconnected but eventually that stop working too.

martinezj454545 11-04-2011 12:19 PM

I will call them after they are back from SEMA but this problem was happening the same day i installed it and it has been giving me a headake ever since. Im almost wanting to buy the new controler just cuz of this issue.

camaro4mybday 11-04-2011 08:38 PM

there tech's are great they will help you out. a 2 channel multi function controller is a nice upgrade over the old style especially since it is coded specifically for your remote and controller :thumbsup:

martinezj454545 11-20-2011 11:59 AM

So I contacted AAC to see if i can send back my Multifunction Remote Control or get the upgraded version if they dont make those anymore, and hoefully they can fix it or upgrade me. I will keep yall posted

Haole 11-20-2011 12:12 PM

I would just upgrade to the colorshift 2.0. I love mine

martinezj454545 11-20-2011 12:24 PM

yeah i would love to upgrade but if they do the same thing and my old box actually work then i wont waste my money on buying something thats going to do the same thing.