Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Ok, I now have my wheels :D (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67825)

AngryAmish 02-27-2010 07:27 PM

First off I love your choice in rims. Those are some of a select few I like on the Camaro.
As for the color, I'm going to have to agree with Mindz. Second to the last set.

PQ 02-28-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngryAmish (Post 1530048)
First off I love your choice in rims. Those are some of a select few I like on the Camaro.
As for the color, I'm going to have to agree with Mindz. Second to the last set.

I'm leaning that way.

So I'm taking it from all these posts that not many are opposed to these wheels?

Cool.

g-townmach 02-28-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1531839)
I'm leaning that way.

So I'm taking it from all these posts that not many are opposed to these wheels?

Cool.

I'm opposed to those. I don't like them at all actually. Would like a more sporty/racey design. But its none of my business if I oppose them. They're for you and as long as YOU enjoy them on your car it doesn't mean sh*t what I think.:thumbsup:

ps. If anything, I'd go for all black (or mostly black with a tiiiiny bit of polished or brushed) if it had to be these wheels. If any car will make them look good, it'll be your car. Looks hot with the new pfadt drop. Again, not bashing Savani or anyone's taste... seems like you wanted everyones opinion on the wheels, good or bad, and this is my honest one.

djsnoflake 02-28-2010 03:22 PM

Since you wanted opinions, here's mine.

I don't really like how the spokes are bendy. Sorry I don't really have the right words to describe it. The camaro's relatively sharp, crisp body lines don't really compliment the curves on the rim.

The Lambo body is way more soft and curvy as far as body lines go, so the rims compliment it.

The Camaro is better suited to a straight edged spoke design

Once again, just my opinion.

PQ 03-01-2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g-townmach (Post 1531989)
I'm opposed to those. I don't like them at all actually. Would like a more sporty/racey design. But its none of my business if I oppose them. They're for you and as long as YOU enjoy them on your car it doesn't mean sh*t what I think.:thumbsup:

ps. If anything, I'd go for all black (or mostly black with a tiiiiny bit of polished or brushed) if it had to be these wheels. If any car will make them look good, it'll be your car. Looks hot with the new pfadt drop. Again, not bashing Savani or anyone's taste... seems like you wanted everyones opinion on the wheels, good or bad, and this is my honest one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsnoflake (Post 1532106)
Since you wanted opinions, here's mine.

I don't really like how the spokes are bendy. Sorry I don't really have the right words to describe it. The camaro's relatively sharp, crisp body lines don't really compliment the curves on the rim.

The Lambo body is way more soft and curvy as far as body lines go, so the rims compliment it.

The Camaro is better suited to a straight edged spoke design

Once again, just my opinion.

Actually that's the feedback I was looking for. ALL feedback. I too have opinions about stuff. I don't really voice it unless asked. Some can take the critisism. Makes perfect sense about the curves. That's why I'll do some photoshops first. Like I said before, my mind could be changed, but you can bet that I'll have a good idea what I want before I spend this kind of money.

g-townmach 03-01-2010 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1534066)
Actually that's the feedback I was looking for. ALL feedback. I too have opinions about stuff. I don't really voice it unless asked. Some can take the critisism. Makes perfect sense about the curves. That's why I'll do some photoshops first. Like I said before, my mind could be changed, but you can bet that I'll have a good idea what I want before I spend this kind of money.

That's the same way I am. The $$ that good wheels cost is alot of coin to me, so gotta be sure I like them. Sounds like you want to be damn sure also. The good news is that there's a few guys who have these wheels on 5th gens so search around for some of their pics.

PQ 03-01-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g-townmach (Post 1534262)
That's the same way I am. The $$ that good wheels cost is alot of coin to me, so gotta be sure I like them. Sounds like you want to be damn sure also. The good news is that there's a few guys who have these wheels on 5th gens so search around for some of their pics.

I saw one of them. Didn't really like it but it was the scheme that I didn't like.

PQ 03-03-2010 11:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, I got about an hour or so to figure this out. Which ones. I've narrowed it down. No orange. If I ever choose to change my color scheme I'd be screwed.

So one of these two. :help:

Gotthat02fire 03-03-2010 11:29 AM

The bottom one that is sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

volboy23 03-03-2010 11:43 AM

The one on the right.

Nine Ball 03-03-2010 12:29 PM

I like the top one out of those two. Here is why. With the chrome "background" spoke, it makes the wheel look more unique like it has a front and a rear set of spokes. On the mostly black example, it just looks like there is a curvy line milled into one spoke. The entire purpose of that wheel is to give the idea of two sets of spokes.

Just my take on it.

Chris-10 03-03-2010 12:44 PM

i like the top one with the chrome & black spokes

redman 03-03-2010 12:50 PM

With chome looks best to me. Good luck!!!

67 GTO 03-03-2010 01:08 PM

Top one. A little more chrome, a little more bling.