Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Texas (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   San Antonio Camaro Club (SACC) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62053)

Koolwip 01-25-2010 02:00 PM

Anyone think Indigo Joes on Stone Oak Pkwy would be a good place? They have an outdoor patio in front of the side parking lot. I know the owner, so if it is an option, I can talk to him about reserving spots. Parking lot is kind of small - but a decent set up.

PnCRedJwl2SS 01-25-2010 11:17 PM

Steve, I'd say definitely ask Indigo Joe's how they feel about us going there on Friday nights...and having some parking blocked off for us (maybe 10 slots or so)--and we'd be good about calling them in advance each week to give them a heads up about how many to expect.

Could be cool! I'm still waiting to hear from the manager at Boston's to see if they'll set us up for this Friday. Will get the word out as soon as I hear anything.

Cheers,

CamaroSkooter 01-26-2010 05:53 AM

And there's also the place over off NW Military and 1604 that Clay and Tiff were going to look into... Freetail Brewing Co. ?

Koolwip 01-26-2010 08:52 AM

"free" & "brewing" .... That might work! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter (Post 1417483)
And there's also the place over off NW Military and 1604 that Clay and Tiff were going to look into... Freetail Brewing Co. ?

RuffEL 01-26-2010 05:45 PM

how was bostons anyway?

CamaroSkooter 01-26-2010 09:19 PM

Pretty cool, I tried hocking the die cast car I bought that was the wrong scale, but no takers. I'm not one to give up easily, though :D

Strata 01-26-2010 10:28 PM

Where is the next meeting gonna be?

C4 01-27-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strata (Post 1420630)
Where is the next meeting gonna be?

yo dawg i saw the other day rollin down
fm 78.

SSE 4 2SS 01-27-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter (Post 1420377)
Pretty cool, I tried hocking the die cast car I bought that was the wrong scale, but no takers. I'm not one to give up easily, though :D

Hey Justin,

Scale,
Color, not critical... I can paint...
Concept, or
Realistic 2010...
and what your asking for it...

I am certainly interested, but I do not want a concept die cast, I'ld rather have a realistic 2010.

Let Me Know...

Thx,

PnCRedJwl2SS 01-27-2010 03:40 PM

Boston's Gourmet Pizza - Follow-up

Ok, everybody...I spoke with the manager at Boston's again today. She says they are willing to give it a try this weekend and she is ok with us reserving the 10 spots right in front of the patio area for Friday night--but there is a catch...

Friday nights are very busy there, and their Happy Hour runs from 4-7PM, so people start arriving very early. She can't guarantee our spots, but she did say that if we are willing to send someone out early in the day (say around 3:30 - 4PM) with cones and some tape (and signs--"These Spots Reserved For Camaro5 Club"), she would be fine with us setting those out there to reserve the spots. Only two conditions:
  1. Whoever sets up needs to stop in and let the Manager (Susan) know we are there to set up before starting.
  2. We cannot block the exit of any vehicle(s) that might already be parked in those spots.

So...given these conditions/restrictions...are you still interested in meeting at Boston's this Friday, or should we try a different location?

Let the comments begin! :)

wluther 01-27-2010 03:48 PM

I had a good time last Friday... met some of yall... and I will stop by for a few this friday too!!

...Did yall know there was this Darren fella there who has a lift in his garage... amazing! lol...

CamaroSkooter 01-27-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 1422668)
Hey Justin,

Scale,
Color, not critical... I can paint...
Concept, or
Realistic 2010...
and what your asking for it...

I am certainly interested, but I do not want a concept die cast, I'ld rather have a realistic 2010.

Let Me Know...

Thx,

PM sent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS (Post 1422684)
Ok, everybody...I spoke with the manager at Boston's again today. She says they are willing to give it a try this weekend and she is ok with us reserving the 10 spots right in front of the patio area for Friday night--but there is a catch...

Friday nights are very busy there, and their Happy Hour runs from 4-7PM, so people start arriving very early. She can't guarantee our spots, but she did say that if we are willing to send someone out early in the day (say around 3:30 - 4PM) with cones and some tape (and signs--"These Spots Reserved For Camaro5 Club"), she would be fine with us setting those out there to reserve the spots. Only two conditions:
  1. Whoever sets up needs to stop in and let the Manager (Susan) know we are there to set up before starting.
  2. We cannot block the exit of any vehicle(s) that might already be parked in those spots.

So...given these conditions/restrictions...are you still interested in meeting at Boston's this Friday, or should we try a different location?

Let the comments begin! :)

That seems a bit early...

CamaroSkooter 01-27-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wluther (Post 1422699)
I had a good time last Friday... met some of yall... and I will stop by for a few this friday too!!

...Did yall know there was this Darren fella there who has a lift in his garage... amazing! lol...

Hey, was that you on 281 Southbound that I talked to over the PA speaker in my Blazer? If it was, sorry if I frightened you :sm0:

Your windows were tinted dark enough that I couldn't see who was driving :)

wluther 01-27-2010 05:45 PM

Yup... that was me... I thought I heard something... that's a pretty cool little PA system u got there... it sure did what's its suppose to do... lol...

I was just on my way home... glad it wasn't a cop or anything...