Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Need thoughts: Section Name Change (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212230)

Mr. Wyndham 03-26-2012 09:16 PM

Need thoughts: Section Name Change

I'm not promising anything one way or the other....this thread is nothing more than "testing the waters".

Given the news about the 1LE, today....how would members react to altering this section's name - for now - to "Camaro 1LE/Z28 Forum - 1LE/Z28 Specific Topics"? I ask because, honestly, at this point I don't see a need for ANOTHER section for the 1LE...it's so young, yet. But it might be nice to have a place to focus the conversations...

Thanks for your input! :)

2cnd chance 03-26-2012 09:17 PM

I'm on board.

ShnOmac 03-26-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 4709316)
I'm not promising anything one way or the other....this thread is nothing more than "testing the waters".

Given the news about the 1LE, today....how would members react to altering this section's name - for now - to "Camaro 1LE/Z28 Forum - 1LE/Z28 Specific Topics"? I ask because, honestly, at this point I don't see a need for ANOTHER section for the 1LE...it's so young, yet. But it might be nice to have a place to focus the conversations...

Thanks for your input! :)

Works for me..... For what its worth. Not much...... :laugh:

Buffnshine 03-26-2012 09:18 PM

Sounds good

motorhead 03-26-2012 09:21 PM

I don't think it's worthy to be lumped in with the Z/28. If you're going to do that then you might as well call it 45th aniver..,transformer , 1LE, Z/28 section.

SlingShot 03-26-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 4709353)
I don't think it's worthy to be lumped in with the Z/28. If you're going to do that then you might as well call it 45th aniver..,transformer , 1LE, Z/28 section.

I really don't understand this thinking. The RPO 1le was a must have option code for all Z/28 motor heads. In fact 1LE is synonymous with the Z/28 ...

I vote for combining the two.

wildpaws 03-26-2012 10:11 PM

I think we need to think this through before unanimously adding 1LE to this section. I don't think it is totally clear yet, but it appears to me that the current 1LE is going to be an SS "option"/add on, if that is the case do we really want to pull an SS option into the Z/28 area? I'm not ready to vote yea or nay just yet, I need more info about just exactly what and where Chevy is placing 1LE.
Clyde

CaptianSam 03-26-2012 11:25 PM

1 le is option not trim...

Mr Twisty 03-27-2012 06:49 AM

They were both originally factory race cars...

LOWDOWN 03-27-2012 07:46 AM

Let's see now...do BOTH 1LE and potential Z/28 cars/drivers:

Rely on normally aspirated engines? Yup
Desire canyon-carving and road course-commanding cars? Yup
Are both suspension-centered? Yup
Are brakes and tires important? Yup
Seeking street and track-capable status? Yup
Mods likely to be applicable to both? Yup
Take pride in their driving at ALL times? Yup
Can we both sit over a coffee and "understand" each other? Yup

Sounds "closer" than most marriages...

Mr Twisty 03-27-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOWDOWN (Post 4710897)
Let's see now...do BOTH 1LE and potential Z/28 cars/drivers:

Rely on normally aspirated engines? Yup
Desire canyon-carving and road course-commanding cars? Yup
Are both suspension-centered? Yup
Are brakes and tires important? Yup
Seeking street and track-capable status? Yup
Mods likely to be applicable to both? Yup
Take pride in their driving at ALL times? Yup
Can we both sit over a coffee and "understand" each other? Yup

Sounds "closer" than most marriages...

Yup :laugh:

Apex Motorsports 03-27-2012 08:44 AM

With the official release of the 1LE I think it is safe to say you have your "Z28" for the 5th generation. Until there is some sort of information to indicate otherwise I don't see the point in hanging on the the "Z28" label.

LOWDOWN 03-27-2012 08:48 AM

If y'all don't mind, I'll just repeat myself from the other thread, here...

Not that my singular opinion will buy anyone much (including, unfortunately, ME!), but I see this as a worthy SS upgrade for (hopefully!) NOT a huge amount of dough.

Increased gription? Check. FE4, beefed anti-sway bars, wheels/tires, some bushings upgrades...
Increased performance? Check. 3.91s will liven up the LS3; HD trans/axles will harness it.
Distinct appearance? Check. Not just any SS...and for some that's mighty important.
Build it your way? Check. Options for those who seek them.

Call this one ZEE Lite. And there's nothing wrong with that AT ALL...for those who want "that".

So, what was missed? Or, better yet, what "opportunity" exists for a jenn-you-wine ZEE?

More power (as opposed to Mopar!)
6-pot front brakes...which, until substantially more steam arrives, are not yet necessary
HD diff...see above
Eye-straining (as opposed to bone-jarring) suspension upgrade...Coilovers...or MRC...

So, boys 'n girls, we're close...closer than we were...and, as fbodfather hisself has said (again last night, in fact...), "we're NOT done..."

NEVER say "never"...

BTW, with deference to the existing title, can we call it the Z28/1LE Forum? "Where DREAMS and REALITY Meet"...

BowtieBelle 03-27-2012 09:06 AM

I think it's appropriate to change it.