Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Aftermarket Sway bars vs stock sway bars. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217159)

Protomanx8 04-17-2012 11:51 AM

Aftermarket Sway bars vs stock sway bars.

How big of a difference does after market sway bars make over stock ?

PfadtRacing 04-17-2012 12:58 PM

There is a really big change in the attitude of the car after installing sway bars. They are by far the biggest single change you can make to immediately make your Camaro much more fun.

By installing our aftermarket bars you will immediately notice that the car becomes much more responsive to steering inputs, after pushing the car a little bit you will then notice that the overall balance of the car shifts from severe understeer to much closer to neutral or slight oversteer. Check out the video below for an example of what a difference sway bars make to these cars:

Overall sway bars are the first mod we recommend for most street users. They're pretty easy to install and make a huge difference in the handling capabilities.

Let me know if you have any more questions! We can be reached at 1-888-972-2464, info@pfadtracing.com, or here on Camaro5 via PM. We are always here to help folks with their suspension setup questions!

John@AutoAgenda 04-17-2012 01:06 PM

I couldn't agree more with what was just posted, sways change the handling of the car in such a positive way that it's usually one of the first mods I do when buying a new car.

Protomanx8 04-17-2012 07:17 PM

Wow that video was very helpful. Sooo next question is how much?! Also what drop height do you reccomend?

Protomanx8 04-17-2012 07:18 PM

For lowering springs * ... I'd like to go more then 1 inch

PQ 04-17-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protomanx8 (Post 4821720)
For lowering springs * ... I'd like to go more then 1 inch

How much more than an inch? :popcorn:

Apex Motorsports 04-17-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PfadtRacing (Post 4819925)
There is a really big change in the attitude of the car after installing sway bars. They are by far the biggest single change you can make to immediately make your Camaro much more fun.

Couldn't have put it better. Sway bars are a huge bang for your buck. As far as ride height goes, the stock struts don't like going too low. Ride quality and service life can suffer if you get too crazy. I recommend sticking to something in the 1-1.25 inch range. Pfadt offers a Stage 2 package that includes their 1.25 inch springs and sway bars. It is a great combo and you get the benefit of package pricing. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions.

Protomanx8 04-17-2012 09:05 PM

Oh cool thanks for the heads up.. Can you PM me the price of the stage 2 package ?

PfadtRacing 04-18-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protomanx8 (Post 4821716)
Wow that video was very helpful. Sooo next question is how much?! Also what drop height do you reccomend?

We can't really talk about pricing over the main forums, but it looks like Apex Chase has you covered there.

Our drop springs lower your Camaro about 1.25 inches, during our initial testing we found that the sweet spot between looks, performance and longevity of your factory shocks is about 1.25". When you lower your car on drop springs you will still use the factory shocks, and because of that you don't want to drop the car too far or run too aggressive spring rates as it may effect the lifespan of the shock it's self. 1.25" is where we like to drop these cars with the factory shocks.

You can check out an entire thread of folks showing off their Pfadt Drop spring stance here: Pfadt Racing Camaro Drop Spring Thread

1969to2010 04-20-2012 09:22 AM

I have the 1.25 drop now I love it. Saving for the sways and end links now