Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Attention: Emerald Coast Camaros (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131969)

St33lsinger 02-28-2011 12:38 PM

Attention: Emerald Coast Camaros

1 Attachment(s)
(C5 Members in Northwest Florida, South Alabama, Southwest Georgia)

Hello Fellow ECC members this weekend some members where discussing our little group. Some interesting questions came up.

How serious are we becoming a "real" car club outfit? (not just casual)
Meaning we would have a real membership list, sponsors, merchandise, scheduled events and things like that.

If you don't want a "real" club please post your thoughts why not.

If we do want to be a "real" club, I would like make two nominations
For President: Mimi
Vice President: Regina aka acatlover13
As many of you already know these two already do a lot for us. Seems pretty natural to me. :thumbsup:

Some my ask why do we need club officers...simple orginzation. Planning Meet and Greets, planning photo ops, all the things we kinda wing right now.

Next as some of you know myself, Sauron and Kythren are working on logo's and Club merchandise designs. This last weekend I got the chance to stage some photos. It worked out pretty good. (as seen below) Now I would like you guys to think and come up with ideas for some staged pictures you would like to see. These will go on tee's, hat and so on. So put your imagination to work. :D

Last thing..Meet and Greet ideas. Are there any ideas??

jkelly 02-28-2011 03:20 PM

I vote yes to havin g a real organized club. then we could do some charity fund raisers. Like the motorcycle clubs do toys for tots rides at christmas.

ckcamaro 02-28-2011 03:27 PM

yea! sounds excellant.

scruffyluv 02-28-2011 04:18 PM

my club in virginia is a due paying club... we have stickers, shirts, got on TV once.... vote for officers... We hold monthly meetings at a dealer that sponsors us the last Wed of the month.. but I dont like the rule of having to show for meetings to vote on things.

just a idea for yas

St33lsinger 02-28-2011 09:25 PM

Now that we have an official logo..maybe we'll get some more input. LOL

luvflyn 02-28-2011 09:34 PM

I'm In. Officers, dues, and quarum! Great logo. We should pick a charity, or underprivileged school to sponsor.

mattphp1 02-28-2011 10:08 PM

Do many people go to the Saturday evening meet up? I haven't been able to get to the past couple events but I would really like to get together and meet everyone. I'm really busy with flight training so it's tough for me to actually organize something. Anyone got anything in the works for this month?

NAZZ 03-01-2011 07:28 AM

Sounds good to me

luvflyn 03-01-2011 07:56 AM

Where and when do we meet in Pensacola on Sat March 5th? We'll be there!

NAZZ 03-01-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattphp1 (Post 2901060)
Do many people go to the Saturday evening meet up? I haven't been able to get to the past couple events but I would really like to get together and meet everyone. I'm really busy with flight training so it's tough for me to actually organize something. Anyone got anything in the works for this month?

There is a meet @ Winn-Dixie Parking lot on 9mile rd on sat nights.
I sometimes go. But I am only one with and 5gen going up there
its not fun being the only one .
Seem like none of the Pensacola'ans like to get together

luvflyn 03-01-2011 06:15 PM

What time to show?

acatlover13 03-01-2011 06:19 PM

At this point, I think we should trademark the logo, and register the name, just so we don't run into any future issues with other clubs. As far as "official" goes, I think we need to talk about what our purpose would be, and so forth.

We normally get together about once a month or so, and I would love to see that continue, with different folks from different areas taking their turn to organize/plan. We should probably get together and brainstorm ideas as a group at our next couple of meet-ups.

St33lsinger 03-01-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acatlover13 (Post 2904576)
At this point, I think we should trademark the logo, and register the name, just so we don't run into any future issues with other clubs. As far as "official" goes, I think we need to talk about what our purpose would be, and so forth.

We normally get together about once a month or so, and I would love to see that continue, with different folks from different areas taking their turn to organize/plan. We should probably get together and brainstorm ideas as a group at our next couple of meet-ups.

Sounds like a great idea. We also need a group photo...and not just our cars :D

KICKER 03-01-2011 07:57 PM

I CAN MAKE IT SATURDAY NITE MARCH 5TH AT THE BURGER KING ON 9 MILE RD. I WENT UP THERE ABOUT A MONTH AGO, WAS THE ONLY GEN-5. WASN'T ANY FUN BY MYSELF.