Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Kenne Bell Supercharger in my 2013 ZL1 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307789)

RealG 12-26-2013 05:41 PM

Hi, southbayZL1
How is the car and the supercharger doing ? , was wondering how the gas mileage changed.
Any updates would be great
Thanks

southbayZL1 12-27-2013 11:50 AM

Update

So I had my car in Chicago this summer to run it at the drag strips there. I just shipped it back to SoCal last month. It got back here just in time to avoid the snow and 10 degree weather. I got to run it at Byron Dragway Byron Il, Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove Wisconsin, and Route 66 in Joliet Il. Car ran solid all summer and fall.
In fact we got to take to Byron on November 9th (50 degrees that day). It snowed on the 11th so we squeezed in one last day at the track.

got the car to run a 10.94
60 ft 1.58
trap speed 126 on that run
Boost 17

best trap speed we ran was 129 on few runs.

To answer the question about the gas mileage I'm not sure how the gas mileage has changed because I haven't really been keeping close track but I will keep an eye on it and see how its doing.

RealG 12-27-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southbayZL1 (Post 7289576)
So I had my car in Chicago this summer to run it at the drag strips there. I just shipped it back to SoCal last month. It got back here just in time to avoid the snow and 10 degree weather. I got to run it at Byron Dragway Byron Il, Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove Wisconsin, and Route 66 in Joliet Il. Car ran solid all summer and fall.
In fact we got to take to Byron on November 9th (50 degrees that day). It snowed on the 11th so we squeezed in one last day at the track.

60 ft 1.58
Boost 17

To answer the question about the gas mileage I'm not sure how the gas mileage has changed because I haven't really been keeping close track but I will keep an eye on it and see how its doing.

Awesome thanks for the update,
I am considering purchasing a KB 2.8LC upgrade , and mine is a daily driver out in so cal 91 gas.any input would be great.

tones2SS 12-27-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southbayZL1 (Post 7289576)
60 ft 1.58
Boost 17

That is awesome. Kenne Bell makes a great supercharger.
Enjoy that beast! :headbang:

bumblebeecamaro 12-28-2013 08:03 AM

so your KB is running 16lbs of boost? if so, then obviously that's why you're getting over 100rwhp from stock. I'd be curious to see what the KB vs stock SCer would be at stock boost levels. kinda hard comparing something the size of a watermelon vs the size of a cherry.

Dega Man 12-28-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro (Post 7291495)
so your KB is running 16lbs of boost? if so, then obviously that's why you're getting over 100rwhp from stock. I'd be curious to see what the KB vs stock SCer would be at stock boost levels. kinda hard comparing something the size of a watermelon vs the size of a cherry.

Point well made, there are several making the same type of numbers with the stock 1.9 when the boost is increased to 15 lbs without any major heat soak using a good exchanger. The KB really does look nice but for the gains and money can this be justified?

Rikki Tikki Tavi 12-28-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dega Man (Post 7291843)
Point well made, there are several making the same type of numbers with the stock 1.9 when the boost is increased to 15 lbs without any major heat soak using a good exchanger. The KB really does look nice but for the gains and money can this be justified?

The difference is there's plenty left in the KB. Where as the 1.9 is maxed out at about 15-16 lbs. I believe you can get about 26 lbs of boost out if the KB 2.8.

mlee 12-28-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessrayo (Post 6794719)
Lol... Peter Basica and the company is Pedders with no "L". If he wants to take the brace off that is okay, I'm still going to leave mine on.

Just saw this and need to clarify. My WoW statement had nothing to do with Pedders. I just happened to post following yours.

WoW... goes to the OP and the KB...:headbang:

jessrayo 12-29-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 7293318)
Just saw this and need to clarify. My WoW statement had nothing to do with Pedders. I just happened to post following yours.

WoW... goes to the OP and the KB...:headbang:

Lol... that's funny. I thought you were wowing my lack of who's who knowledge. I must admit... that Kenne Bell boost is impressive. I upgraded my blower to the LS9 unit and I can only sustain about 14 lbs without causing heat issues. It sure would be nice if I guy could try that blower for a few weeks and see what happened if you try to road race it in 100 degree heat. It definitely is a very good choice for a drag racing car.