Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Hurst or Ripshift? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34775)

bobby35ny 07-29-2009 05:13 PM

Hurst or Ripshift?

Hurst or Ripshift?

I'm old school and only know Hurst.
How is Ripshift from the down under guys?

-bobby

carguy 08-05-2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby35ny (Post 736197)
Hurst or Ripshift?

I'm old school and only know Hurst.
How is Ripshift from the down under guys?

-bobby

Bout to find out.

Supposed to getmy Car back Today with new tranny and RIP Shift.

As long as Tranny was out (Output shaft Broke GM is replacing Tranny) My dealer offered to put a shifter on when putting it back together. After all the old shifter was off and tranny was out they had to put either the old one or the new one back on.( All I had to do was buy shifter and shipping.)

Hurst wasn't available yet...at least I couldn't find one. and I don't like the Round ball on the shifter for hurst. Kinda picky I know but looks to old school for New interior.

I know RIP shift has been hot on GTO scene.

Forrest 08-05-2009 08:10 AM

I agree with the previous Post. I think the little white ball on the end just doesn't quite seem right. Especially since I ahve the IOM interior. I'll be getting Rip-shirft because it keeps the stock look. But I hope it still matches up good to hurst as far as quality goes :facepalm:

2SSRS@Gen5diy 08-05-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forrest (Post 761413)
I agree with the previous Post. I think the little white ball on the end just doesn't quite seem right. Especially since I ahve the IOM interior. I'll be getting Rip-shirft because it keeps the stock look. But I hope it still matches up good to hurst as far as quality goes :facepalm:

If you look you will see that the hurst comes with two upper's, One is the white ball on the end, And number two is for the stock look, That is what i want, My car is IOM interior to.

JHart 08-05-2009 10:51 AM

i wanna black ball. they gonna offer that??

carguy 08-06-2009 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got My Car back tonight with a new tranny and a RIP Shifter.

Gotta say I like it. Great crisp Shifts no missing third ( Not that I did before)

But I will give it 2 thumbs up.:thumbup:

Install looks exactly stock but man are the throws short on this baby.

Well, out to play some more.

For you non believers here is a pic of the install.....

Attachment 43671

RobertHarriSS 08-08-2009 04:33 PM

Could you be a little more descriptive on you review?
I'm really considering the Ripshift but I'd like to hear a users opinion.
How much shorter are the shifts, in your opinion?
How's the feel of the shift...do the shifts feel more solid? Did the shifer get rid of the rubbery feel that the after market talks about with the stock shifter?
Do you notice more tranny noise with the Ripshift?

I'm kind of torn between getting the Ripshift and waiting to see what MGW comes up with. I'm really leaning towards the Ripshift because of their reputation with Holden and GTO's.

P.S. every time I write Ripshift, it comes out Ripshit and I have to backspace...:facepalm:

GM4lyfe 08-09-2009 09:23 AM

Sorry I can't give a review for you Camaro folks. I have a Ripshifter in my GTO and I love it. No problems out of it, shifts are shorter and more crisp than stock. The shifter is also built will good quality.

az5thgen 08-09-2009 08:13 PM

I sat in 2SSRS's car today with the Hurst and the short throw on the Hurst is amazing!

usmcjlp 08-15-2009 10:11 PM

Can we get some more info on ripshift?

jpsuperman81 08-15-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcjlp (Post 803472)
Can we get some more info on ripshift?

Little more info if you haven't read this, but you might have. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34608 Just stay away from hennessy for pricing they mark everything up, see my post on page number 2.

usmcjlp 08-16-2009 07:06 PM

Yeah, I saw that. I also found their website. I was interested in hearing more from the member that already installed it on his Camaro. I spoke to Ron at vengeance racing. He doesn't charge the large markup that some tuners do.

GEN-IV 08-16-2009 07:20 PM

I have the GMM Ripshifter in my GTO and postively love it. If the one for the Camaro is anything like the one for the GTO, BUY IT!!!! Best money that I spent on my Pontiac!

Cmlloveless 08-16-2009 10:52 PM

Does it matter v6 vs v8? Or do the have the same shifter?